Learning to Ride a CBR GoPro - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When movin you butt off the seat your upper body should go in the same direction. You are getting way to crossed up in that vid. I know you are kinda just screwing around there but better to practice it right in the beginning then trying to break bad habits later.

2009 Black CBR 600 RR ABS - SOLD
- Leo Vince Unlimited Midnight Exhaust, Unique Motolights HID Projectors/LEDs/Dual Halos, Powder Coated Swingarm & Rear-sets, LP Flushmount Front signals, Moto-Science Ducati Turn Signal Mirrors

[size=1]2010 HD Sportster 48

"Even a pro-level rider wouldn't be able to reach the first-time stopping distance or deceleration rate of the C-ABS bike."
- Sport Rider Magazine
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Point taken. Yeah I was just screwin around, but bad habits are easy to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobaron View Post
When movin you butt off the seat your upper body should go in the same direction. You are getting way to crossed up in that vid. I know you are kinda just screwing around there but better to practice it right in the beginning then trying to break bad habits later.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I was really expecting a knee drag at the end of this video...I don't know why...lol

Practice makes perfect man. Watch Twist of the Wrist II before you hit the canyons hard. Even after a couple months of riding there is still so much to learn. From one owner of a 03 that just started riding (Got my bike in January) to another, take it slow man. I just had my first wreck less than 2 weeks ago and I am rebuilding a bike that I fell in love with and really hard to pick up the pieces when you go down (literally and figuratively speaking).

Glad to see you practicing man, keep it up! And don't ever sacrificing pushing your limits just to get a good video on that GoPro...from one GoPro owner to another that is a tendency I felt myself having when I rode with it on.... With that said, looking forward to seeing more videos of your progression as a rider.

Matte Black & Gold 03 600RR
  • Two Brothers Slip-On
  • VOLT HID Headlights 5000K
  • HID Low Beam Kill Switch
  • Integrated Taillight
  • Flushmount Signals
  • OES Frame Sliders
  • Gold Shorty Levers
  • Gold Reflective Time Attack
  • Solo Cowl
  • Dark Smoke Windscreen
My ReBuild Thread
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Sandhu View Post
Glad to see you practicing man, keep it up! And don't ever sacrificing pushing your limits just to get a good video on that GoPro...from one GoPro owner to another that is a tendency I felt myself having when I rode with it on....
This sounds backwards. Don't push yourself beyond what you feel comfortable doing just to get good footage.

2007 CBR600RR -- CVMA #270 -- Pictures -- Build Thread
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yea don't push yourself to far just yet. I would grab twist of the wrist or total control which are both good books. there is also a twist of the wrist 2 video which is great too. they will show you some good form that you can work on. I guess what I am saying is dont try to learn it all at once and just pick parts...maybe start with just moving your upper body and leaving yourself planted in the seat.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 03:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

how tall are you. looks like you tower over the bike.

im surprised got some riding in this time of year in Seattle.

09' Black | Shogun Frame Sliders | DDM 6k HID's
TST IT-FE-Relay | Proton Front Turn Signals
Orange Rim Tape | Powder Coated Pegs | ZG Smoked OEM Windscreen
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
World Superbike Racer

I read you got your endorsement back on 2010, but did you take the MSF BRC? I understand you had a rebel, though your riding looks awfully green for someone with said experience.

Just curious. If you didn't, I would suggest you do some kind of riding class; MSF ERC, Lee Parks Total Control..something.

Currently own:
09' 600RR | Jade (ASV Shorties / Jardine RT-One)
96' 900RR | Jessica Alba (Wiseco/Erion/D&D/RaceTech/too many to list)

MSF Basic Rider Course Locations - http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercourses.aspx?
Houston Press News - http://www.houstonpress.com/2005-10-...speed-racers/1
Wind Chill Calculator - http://www.ridemyown.com/windchill.shtml
A* Ridge Waterproof Riding Boots Review - https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=204100
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I didn't get my endorsement that long ago. I did take the msf course, but I took the intermediate. I don't want to sound cocky, but the brc was too basic.

My riding may look green because I'm only 17 and paid outright for my bike. Sitting on 3k, knowing that one mistake could put you out a lot and make your bike sit for a good while. Again I was just messing around in some of the footage. I know that when you get off your seat your whole body should move off as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctekguy View Post
I read you got your endorsement back on 2010, but did you take the MSF BRC? I understand you had a rebel, though your riding looks awfully green for someone with said experience.

Just curious. If you didn't, I would suggest you do some kind of riding class; MSF ERC, Lee Parks Total Control..something.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 01:45 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKonic View Post
I didn't get my endorsement that long ago. I did take the msf course, but I took the intermediate. I don't want to sound cocky, but the brc was too basic.

My riding may look green because I'm only 17 and paid outright for my bike. Sitting on 3k, knowing that one mistake could put you out a lot and make your bike sit for a good while. Again I was just messing around in some of the footage. I know that when you get off your seat your whole body should move off as one.
That was the least green thing I saw to be honest. A lot of people that have been riding awhile have bad form naturally. What struck me most is how timid you were. You don't look confident on the bike at all..even for someone who has taken the msf brc. Find a parking lot to practice in, seriously. I use to teach the brc a long time ago..and I taught a few kids as well. For someone that has previous experience, your timidness frightens me. Hopefully you can take constructive critism?

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE

Currently own:
09' 600RR | Jade (ASV Shorties / Jardine RT-One)
96' 900RR | Jessica Alba (Wiseco/Erion/D&D/RaceTech/too many to list)

MSF Basic Rider Course Locations - http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercourses.aspx?
Houston Press News - http://www.houstonpress.com/2005-10-...speed-racers/1
Wind Chill Calculator - http://www.ridemyown.com/windchill.shtml
A* Ridge Waterproof Riding Boots Review - https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=204100

Last edited by ctekguy; 03-29-2012 at 02:31 AM.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I do practice in parking lots. I can take constructive criticism, but I wasn't timid, I was just overly cautious. This is a big investment and I was just being really careful. A lot of the footage is from my first time around the block. After a few loops that day I was more confident. The instructors at the course were actually surprised by how well I could ride and recommended the AERC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctekguy View Post
That was the least green thing I saw to be honest. A lot of people that have been riding awhile have bad form naturally. What struck me most is how timid you were. You don't look confident on the bike at all..even for someone who has taken the msf brc. Find a parking lot to practice in, seriously. I use to teach the brc a long time ago..and I taught a few kids as well. For someone that has previous experience, your timidness frightens me. Hopefully you can take constructive critism?

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I'm just about 6'1" I can stand flat foot and cradle the bike. As far as the weather its raining most of the time you just got to wait for the sunny days. The sun is starting to stick around longer whenever it shows up. We're hoping for some sun next week with spring break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
how tall are you. looks like you tower over the bike.

im surprised got some riding in this time of year in Seattle.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I definitely feel that "speed racer" urge sometimes. I'd really like to get good with my riding. I'm looking at taking some classes when the weather clears up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfollmer View Post
yea don't push yourself to far just yet. I would grab twist of the wrist or total control which are both good books. there is also a twist of the wrist 2 video which is great too. they will show you some good form that you can work on. I guess what I am saying is dont try to learn it all at once and just pick parts...maybe start with just moving your upper body and leaving yourself planted in the seat.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKonic View Post
I'm just about 6'1" I can stand flat foot and cradle the bike. As far as the weather its raining most of the time you just got to wait for the sunny days. The sun is starting to stick around longer whenever it shows up. We're hoping for some sun next week with spring break.
i lived in Seattle for awhile. couldnt stand the weather. im riding 10 months out of the year now.

09' Black | Shogun Frame Sliders | DDM 6k HID's
TST IT-FE-Relay | Proton Front Turn Signals
Orange Rim Tape | Powder Coated Pegs | ZG Smoked OEM Windscreen
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

definitely jealous of the riding time you get. I get about 7 :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
i lived in Seattle for awhile. couldnt stand the weather. im riding 10 months out of the year now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page