Video of my First Track Day - And a Crash! - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Video of my First Track Day - And a Crash!

Got the GoPro set up for my first track day last week, so here's one of the sessions that I uploaded to YouTube. At around 10 minutes the guy in front drops it and I very very nearly run over him, new under crackers required!

Let me know what you think, tips on the riding welcomed!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Knee Dragger

At first I was like, "how the hell did this guy get to a track wearing a hoodie" then I saw the alpinestars logo then I noticed you were wearing it over the suit lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 01:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Was it cold or somthing? Air goes straight through those hoodies. I liked how u watched and kept going lol.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Ldn
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Nice job out there, and good save.

You're sitting all crossed up. When you're going into turns you can see that you're just sliding your butt off the seat but you're not really moving any other part of your body.

Next time you go out put your chin over your wrist and really try to kiss your mirrors in the direction of the turn. You can do this without moving your butt and the majority of your weight will roll to the inside of the turn. Once you get your upper body, work on sliding your ass off in that direction. It also looks like you might be rotating around your tank when you slide off. If in a right turn your right hip moves forward and your left knee comes back you are rotating. You dont want your hip in front of your knee as it will almost always cause you to be crossed up.

Make sure you're keeping your elbows broken. Most of the time, when I'm in a turn, I have my elbows at around a 90 degree angle. Apply pressure to your outside peg and drive your knee into your tank. You can also rest your outside forearm on your tank for some added stability. This will really help you position your body right.

Also, in turns, you want your balls on your tank. Slide your ass back on the straights and get as low as you can, then during braking, allow your ass to slide forward.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems... but I think I've outgrown my yacht."

:)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalPhenomenon View Post
Was it cold or somthing? Air goes straight through those hoodies. I liked how u watched and kept going lol.

Yeah it was about 5 deg C, pretty cold, the hoodie helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post

You're sitting all crossed up. When you're going into turns you can see that you're just sliding your butt off the seat but you're not really moving any other part of your body.

Next time you go out put your chin over your wrist and really try to kiss your mirrors in the direction of the turn. You can do this without moving your butt and the majority of your weight will roll to the inside of the turn. Once you get your upper body, work on sliding your ass off in that direction. It also looks like you might be rotating around your tank when you slide off. If in a right turn your right hip moves forward and your left knee comes back you are rotating. You dont want your hip in front of your knee as it will almost always cause you to be crossed up.

Make sure you're keeping your elbows broken. Most of the time, when I'm in a turn, I have my elbows at around a 90 degree angle. Apply pressure to your outside peg and drive your knee into your tank. You can also rest your outside forearm on your tank for some added stability. This will really help you position your body right.

Also, in turns, you want your balls on your tank. Slide your ass back on the straights and get as low as you can, then during braking, allow your ass to slide forward.
Thanks a lot for that reply mate! Much appreciated. What you're saying makes sense so definitely gives me some things to try next time out.

Thanks again.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post

^ What he said. Typed the words right from my keyboard. Not bad though. Welcome to the addiction!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wheres that? knockhill?

07RR//r&g frame sliders,tst IT,fork+swingarm protectors,r&g rad guard,red asv,s
,red lowers,yoshi rs5,oem seat cowl,vcr rearsets,stomp grip,,headlight covers,0.875 springs,,flush mounts,fe,spools,oem numberboards,rim tape,cam mount ,db screen,lightech carbon mirrors,res socks,gi-pro,led pegs,carbon tank panels/yoke trim/ hugger/chain guard/front fender/fuel trim,carbon wrapped sub frame,gb engine covers,numerous carbon wrapped pieces,RED mids, suspension set up
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Video looked good. Your BP is def crossed up. Gotta get ur butt off seat more, and head over by ur mirror. To help u get ur head over drop ur inside elbow an it will move ur upper body down to where it needs to be... But u looked good out there. I just did my first track day Saturday also and my BP was just like urs except I got my butt off seat alittle more. I think I was pushin alittle harder than I should have for first time. But it's good to know what u need to work on.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 07:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

For a second I thought you were going to stop...nope kept on riding ::

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Well done! Way to look away and not at the downed rider/bike. You're moving at a decent pace out there hitting your marks very good for being your first TD. As people have mentioned work on that upper body positioning.

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page