A crazy ride to Highpoint, NJ and more!!! - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A crazy ride to Highpoint, NJ and more!!!

Here’s the pics from our last ride (11/5/05) to HighPoint, NJ. And what a crazy day it was. It started out w/ the LI’s meeting up @ 8am to head out to NJ. Crip2nite, Samerr, Rob, John, and myself where right on schedule until we got into Manhattan.

We got into some ridiculous traffic due to the NYC Marathon set up and a street fair. White lining was a biatch and Crip2nite popped his cherry in reference to city riding! (I knew you were spoiled w/ the nice LI streets! Lol!). We were running late so we decided to pull over so I could call Ryans04rr give him an update. Afterall….He and a few other were waiting for us so we could meet up w/ Rev911.

So next thing you know, we’re about to head off and Rob’s bike died out because of all of the traffic. I later found out that he was running a Vespa battery on his Triumph (very smart)!

We decided to try to push start her in the middle of Manhattan w/ a crapload of pedestrians walking around, dead stop traffic, and others setting up for a fair. After a couple of attempts to push start the biatch (I didn’t last too long from the lack of air, thanks to my cigarette smoking), we stopped by a cop car and asked if he could jump start it w/ his cables. He said he had cables but he couldn’t help us. And there’s your typical NYPD officer (protect and serve…BS!) We eventually found a guy had had cables and jump started Rob’s Triumph and then we were off.

After waiting for Crip2nite to catch up, it was on to the tunnel and pretty much smooth sailing from there. We finally ended up in Totowa, NJ and met up w/ Ryans04rr, Gary, and Oye. Then onto meet up w/ Rev911 @ Hooters. We get there and NO one is there! I was kind of upset because that Focker didn’t even call us to tell us he was going ahead. That guy flaked out on us!!! (I just found out earlier today that he got into a spill over the weekend and is in the hospital, I wish him a speedy recovery). Even Scrappy wasn’t there, so Samerr and Crip2nite decided to head back to LI (The pros and cons of being a father) and the rest of us decided to hit up Highpoint and maybe run into the others.

So we headed off and made it to Highpoint in a reasonable amount of time. We rolled up and saw 2 black RR’s parked w/ some losers sitting next to them (J/P!). It was Scrappy and eRacaer777. They misinterpreted the meeting time and meeting place so they went ahead. We hung out for a bit, BS’ed, took some pics while the Cruiser riders looking and complimented our steel horses. Here are some pics:

eRacer777, Omarvelous, John, Scrappy, Oye, Ryans04rr, Rob, Gary

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu

Last edited by Omarvelous; 11-08-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

After all of the BS’ing we decided to take a spin through the finer parts of NJ, which included some nice high speed turns on route 23, and a outer route which had some amazing uphill and down hill positive camber turns, similar to the turns in Laguna Seca. We then headed back towards Sport Sexy Café. On our way there, I pulled up next to this guy on a Kawasaki 2-stroke cruiser w/ 2 gigantic saddle bags. This retard was riding w/ a t-shirt and cargo shorts. I figured I’d be nice and so I gave his a thumbs up salute and he did the same. Then the light turned green and he pulls a nice 11’ o’clock wheelie right beside me (I wish I took a picture of that dummy because it was just priceless! Lol!) and decides to try to race me. So I think to myself, what a f’n idiot this guy is and I quickly show him the torque on my RR and blow right past him. We then get to the next red light and we gave each other a thumbs up. If only he knew how much of an idiot he looked like!

We finally get to Sport Sexy and John’s R6 f’s up on him. His clutch cable snapped and we were still in NJ! We had no idea how this focker was gonna get home to Queens, NY! We were at least happy that it happened @ Sport Sexy, thank god it happened there rather then while we were taking those crazy turns, no one knows what would’ve happened!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Here’s a pic of John when we were making fun of him when his clutch cable broke:

Ryans04rr and Scrappy managed to make a few phone calls and were able to find a local shop that was still open and had a clutch cable for John’s R6. They rode out there to pick it up. When they came back, they Punk’ed John and told him that they couldn’t get one. His expression was once again…priceless, afterall he just looked defeated!!! Then all happiness showed they whipped out a clutch cable for him.

Some of them then went to fix up the R6 while the rest ate and watched college football

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Here’s some more pics from Sport Sexy:
Scrappy's RR - Omarvelous' RR - Ryans04rr's RR

Scrappy looking like he got caught playing with himself while eRacer777 gives us his “Mr. Wilson” impression!

Yours truly w/ our gorgeous bartender! (Pictures due no justice for how hot she was, just ask the others!)

John’s R6 finally passed 10,000 miles…too bad his clutch cable didn’t make it!

Afterwards we said our goodbyes and parted ways. It was another great ride and I’m happy to say that NO RR’s broke down on us! It was nice riding w/ you bumbs again! And I look forward to rolling w/ you again as well as you other Fockers! Be safe and once again…Rev911 get well bro!

A wise man once said...
Quote:

Last edited by Omarvelous; 11-08-2005 at 09:06 AM.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
sweeeeet write up man and great pictures i like the fact that all of you look out for one another that is what its all about

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman
sweeeeet write up man and great pictures i like the fact that all of you look out for one another that is what its all about
Thanks Moe...One of these days bro...we'll get to roll together!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:55 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Awesome pics and writeup,O. Is it my eyes playin tricks on me,or do you have something on your headlights? Not the sticker,but it looks like you have the clear film or something over them.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO-RR
Awesome pics and writeup,O. Is it my eyes playin tricks on me,or do you have something on your headlights? Not the sticker,but it looks like you have the clear film or something over them.
The sticker as with the rest of it is a protective mesh film. Your eyes are NOT deceiving you!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Back in the Day

Omar
would love to tag along for a ride bro cause even though i lived
in NY/ NJ for 6 years i have not been to any of these sweet places
or roads

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman
Omar
would love to tag along for a ride bro cause even though i lived
in NY/ NJ for 6 years i have not been to any of these sweet places
or roads
Whether it be in the tri-state or in the sunshine state...One day, my friend!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Back in the Day

sure man would be an honour

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
The sticker as with the rest of it is a protective mesh film. Your eyes are NOT deceiving you!
Right on man thanks.. Can we find this stuff @ Wristtwisters?
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO-RR
Right on man thanks.. Can we find this stuff @ Wristtwisters?
It's actually 2 separate coats...

One is made by 3m it's a clear sticker which alot of newer cars use. And the second is a mesh decal from www.sportbikedecals.com which you can also get in other colors too. Mine is supposed to be blackbut it only looks grayish at most at some angles.

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 PM

Thanks bro. I might get those. My headlights are starting to take a beating.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice write up... great pics!

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Talking .

nice pics! i specially like the before and after look on john's face.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Knee Dragger

Good looking pics yet again. That was priceless with John and his cable. Those pictures only capture a portion of the saga, but a nice "no cable", "got cable" shot. rev911 - get well soon
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Great pics and write up thanks for sharing.

05'600RR Black

Two Bro's C2 S/O
Frame Sliders
MTEC H7 Replacements
Scotts steering Damper
Puig Light Smoke
Pazzo shorties
PCIII USB - custom map
OEM Cowl
DIY rear cowl mesh vents
DIY F/E
K&N Air Filter
Clear Alternatives lenses (amber bulbs) F&R
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 04:55 AM
One Man Band

Quote:
We got into some ridiculous traffic due to the NYC Marathon set up and a street fair. White lining was a biatch and Crip2nite popped his cherry in reference to city riding! (I knew you were spoiled w/ the nice LI streets! Lol!).
You got that right O! Cut me some slack..lol.. This was definitely a "newbie" experience for me! Never in my life of riding have I ever traveled through Manhattan streets, let alone negotiating in such closed situations! Definitley a hick from the country here. I really didn't have the skills or the confidence in that crazy arena! The fact that I actually came out of that pandemonium unscathed was a freakin' miracle! I kept worrying about getting slammed into or cut off and both happened! A black Ford taurus hit my thigh while I was at a standstill and a green van just cut right in front of me..Stress level was certainly at an all time high! . Definitely made for a frazzled day! Felt lousy for making you guys wait up for me but I decided my safety was a more important issue!
To top it all off, when we crossed the double lines for about 2 blocks before the tunnel, I had po-po backing up, with lights on, trying to get at least one of us...first time in my life I've ever had to run from 5-0..but I hadda catch up tooyas! Props to Samer for understanding my predicament and falling back behind me and making sure I made it. That's how ya do it!
I definitely would never take the city streets again to get to Jersey! Triboro to Washington or the ferry will be my route from now on! Made me appreciate Long Island a helluva lot more! The ride back was great and less stressful!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|---Crip2Nite's Ride---- | ||'|";>
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)

My Facebook
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 AM
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher

where was i during all this EXCITEMENT? dang OMARVELOUS.... ya dont know how to call a hommie ?

LMAO

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics. One correction though...it's eRacer777, not ol808lo. Bwahahaha!
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRacer777
Thanks for sharing the pics. One correction though...it's eRacer777, not ol808lo. Bwahahaha!
Sorry...it's been fixed!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Sorry...it's been fixed!
Not a problem...grassy ass. BTW, it was nice meeting you fellas. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the track next season.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

The prequel & side story continues here!:

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...388#post472388

Enjoy!...O

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Ninja Master

i NEED more pics of that bartender!!! post them now, or i'll be forced to fly out there myself!!!

Read my cactus.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crip2Nite
You got that right O! Cut me some slack..lol.. This was definitely a "newbie" experience for me! Never in my life of riding have I ever traveled through Manhattan streets, let alone negotiating in such closed situations! Definitley a hick from the country here. I really didn't have the skills or the confidence in that crazy arena! The fact that I actually came out of that pandemonium unscathed was a freakin' miracle! I kept worrying about getting slammed into or cut off and both happened! A black Ford taurus hit my thigh while I was at a standstill and a green van just cut right in front of me..Stress level was certainly at an all time high! . Definitely made for a frazzled day! Felt lousy for making you guys wait up for me but I decided my safety was a more important issue!
To top it all off, when we crossed the double lines for about 2 blocks before the tunnel, I had po-po backing up, with lights on, trying to get at least one of us...first time in my life I've ever had to run from 5-0..but I hadda catch up tooyas! Props to Samer for understanding my predicament and falling back behind me and making sure I made it. That's how ya do it!
I definitely would never take the city streets again to get to Jersey! Triboro to Washington or the ferry will be my route from now on! Made me appreciate Long Island a helluva lot more! The ride back was great and less stressful!
When we go through Manhattan, we usually don't hit that bad of traffic! We were literally just in the wrong place at the wrong time! Hahahahahahaahaaa!! You'll be fine! Remember, you ride w/ a bunch of good guys! We never leave a man behind!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonster
i NEED more pics of that bartender!!! post them now, or i'll be forced to fly out there myself!!!
You think she's hot?!? You should go there on a Sunday! Whoohoo!!!!

I'll try to take more pics next time!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Ninja Master

you homos took 20 million pics of your bikes, and even multiple pics of the clutch cable, but only ONE of her!?!

i'm shipping me, my duc, and my dog out there to go visit her, and i'm sending you guys and invoice!

Read my cactus.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonster
you homos took 20 million pics of your bikes, and even multiple pics of the clutch cable, but only ONE of her!?!

i'm shipping me, my duc, and my dog out there to go visit her, and i'm sending you guys and invoice!
Hahahahahaaaaa!!! Sorry dude, I forget how spoiled we are. We usually go there every weekend so we're used to seeing her and others like her all the time! But next time, I'll have more consideration for the rest of you!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM

looks like you guys had a good time, I gotta try to make to tag a long in one of those rides. Thanx for sharing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page