Pics and Video from my trip to the 1/4 mile track... - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Pics and Video from my trip to the 1/4 mile track...

Well I had a blast at Steele's Dragstrip today, except for dropping my bike on the trailor and scratching it...:( :mad:

A bunch of my drag racing buddy's told me they were going to our closest 1/4 mile track which is about an hour away so I figured I would tag along for my 1st trip ever to a 1/4 mile track and see what the ole RR would run...

I ended up with my best 1/8th time ever a --6.80-- with a 1/4 time of --10/60--, man was I excited lol. There was only one other bike there that wasnt a liter bike and it was a 05 gsxr 750 that was geared with a slip on and lowered also, and I had to bust his ass a few times lol. I dont think he ever broke into the 10's

I didnt do any of the vide taping, so if you have a gripe then oh well... And I didnt do any editing to make it look nice either because I didnt get to get as much footage as I wanted because I was making to many passes lol.

VIDEO:
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WSAVG66LR6XJ2952RSTAKXTLH

The ole lady posing lol

Group shot...

Group shot # 2

Damn gixxers...lol

One of the local ProStar guys that rides with us, I think his best time of the day was 9.30's...

Getting her ready to go...

2013 Honda Motorcycle News http://www.HondaofChattanoogaBlog.com (Fixing to transfer over to HondaPowerSportsNEWS.com to be only news orientated)

Last edited by froggie3kb; 01-07-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

-Edit- Fixed...

2013 Honda Motorcycle News http://www.HondaofChattanoogaBlog.com (Fixing to transfer over to HondaPowerSportsNEWS.com to be only news orientated)

Last edited by froggie3kb; 01-07-2006 at 08:40 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweet pics man....couldn't download the vid...i'm at work..

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 10:08 PM
C.A.H.N founder / President

NIce. Can't wait to head back to the track since my full Arata system. I trapped 123mph on a mid 11 sec pass. That was my first time on a bike at the track with no burn out or clutchless shifting. I think I can hit 10's.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme
sweet pics man....couldn't download the vid...i'm at work..
Thanks man, lol that sucks but I know how you feel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR/LS1
NIce. Can't wait to head back to the track since my full Arata system. I trapped 123mph on a mid 11 sec pass. That was my first time on a bike at the track with no burn out or clutchless shifting. I think I can hit 10's.
I wish I had a full Arata system, you suck...lol

Thanks man...10's should be very possible for you, you can count on 1 hand more then how many times I have went to the track... The main thing I love about going is all of the riders around here have always dogged and most of them still do dog on Honda's about how "slow" they supposively are but I'm changing peoples minds about Honda's at the drag strip lol... And the liter bike guys are giving them hell when I bust 750's and 636's and other 600's asses, its hilarious...

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Pocketbike Racer

good times froggie. glad to see somebody else run some 60's on a stock 600rr. i went a 10.63 @ 131 on my buddie's 03.jardine slip on, pc3. love kicking some of the litre bikes too. keep it up. gonna run my 05 with arata, pc3 & regeared soon, hoping for some 40's. that was a real good 60ft too.

07 600RR BLUE/SILVER
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What mods have you done to the bike? Did you lower it at all(it does'nt look like it), stock gearing? I was at the track once but could not break 11.30, I'm -1 +2 for gearing. Had a hard time keeping the front end down,LOL. Any tips?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr600
good times froggie. glad to see somebody else run some 60's on a stock 600rr. i went a 10.63 @ 131 on my buddie's 03.jardine slip on, pc3. love kicking some of the litre bikes too. keep it up. gonna run my 05 with arata, pc3 & regeared soon, hoping for some 40's. that was a real good 60ft too.
Thanks man, yea there's only one other RR around here at the 1/8th mile track and its an 05 geared and he only runs 7.20's in the 1/8th but he's never been to a 1/4 mile track.

Wow thats crazy mph on that 10.63 lol, I want a PCIII and some more mods lol. lol yea its fun wooping up on the bigger bikes for sure...

Good luck with your 05 man, make sure and keep us posted when you take it... 40's shouldnt be a problem at all man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldrilleRR
What mods have you done to the bike? Did you lower it at all(it does'nt look like it), stock gearing? I was at the track once but could not break 11.30, I'm -1 +2 for gearing. Had a hard time keeping the front end down,LOL. Any tips?
Mods - Jardine slip on, geared -1 +2...

It's not lowered, but i've got a strap on the front to compress the front suspension for the track. If you dont have one I highly suggest investing in one for about $20.

What are you launching at? Are you shifting with the clutch?

I usually launch around 6-7k and you've just got to find the right pivot point with the clutch that will let you get out of the hole quick but still keep f rom wheelieing to bad but also keep from riding it to much lol. Only seat time will make you faster though, so good luck.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie3kb
Thanks man, lol that sucks but I know how you feel...

I wish I had a full Arata system, you suck...lol

Thanks man...10's should be very possible for you, you can count on 1 hand more then how many times I have went to the track... The main thing I love about going is all of the riders around here have always dogged and most of them still do dog on Honda's about how "slow" they supposively are but I'm changing peoples minds about Honda's at the drag strip lol... And the liter bike guys are giving them hell when I bust 750's and 636's and other 600's asses, its hilarious...
I don't know why they would dog Hondas being slow in the 1/4. If you look at the stats in most mags the R6 is the slowest. Only bike in the 11's. Every other bike was in the 10's and this was pre 05 Honda's. I was looking at a UK mag and they were testing some used older liter bikes and a 900 something and most were in the 11's. They tested a Suziki 1000 and it ate all. Those are bad ass in the 1/4.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:32 PM

Ohh I just watched the Vid thats pretty good. It's crazy how AID lets people basically stand on the wall next to the track. I went there once and they pretty much have no safety rules. It's a really fast track usually traps pretty high.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I was looking over my timeslips a few minutes ago and saw that I finally cut a 1.6 60ft. but I only squeezed a 10.70 on that pass. But i'm happy with that 60ft with not being lowered though

Quote:
I don't know why they would dog Hondas being slow in the 1/4. If you look at the stats in most mags the R6 is the slowest. Only bike in the 11's. Every other bike was in the 10's and this was pre 05 Honda's. I was looking at a UK mag and they were testing some used older liter bikes and a 900 something and most were in the 11's. They tested a Suziki 1000 and it ate all. Those are bad ass in the 1/4.

Exactly... And yea the 05 Zuke 1000's are bad, I got to ride my buddies 05 gsxr1000 that runs 9.60's yesterday and the orange zx-10 that runs 9.70's and HOLY ****!!! is all i've got say lol

Quote:
Ohh I just watched the Vid thats pretty good. It's crazy how AID lets people basically stand on the wall next to the track. I went there once and they pretty much have no safety rules. It's a really fast track usually traps pretty high.
Thanks, yea I was surprised also about that. Our local 1/8th mile track you cant get half as close to the track...

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for the tips froggie, I don't shift with the clutch, the luanch is my weak point. It is something I will be working on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page