I think I may have found my new addiction - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think I may have found my new addiction

You wouldn't think a 37 hp bike could be so much fun, especially after 11 years on a 100 hp sportbike...... but it really is! I'm pretty excited..... just got my dirt bike tagged through South Dakota.... Put on the Baja Designs dual sport kit and she's ready to go do some exploring on the many MANY killer backroads right around my house.... some of which are more trails than roads, lol. I have a feeling my hour meter is about to skyrocket, lol..... guess we'll see just how far the ol' girl will go! (pretty sure it's never been rebuilt either, if I had to guess). I'm gonna dual sport it for now but eventually plan on getting some supermoto wheels laced up as well. I'm excited!! I still love the street bike as well, but I like being able to just jump off the main road and check out some random dirt road and see where they go :)

A few pics....

-Jared

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 304,500 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 438,700 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Been doing some riding with my neighbor too

-Jared

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome! Looks like a blast! I don't know much about 2 strokes, but I used to have a crf250r and you weren't supposed to ride it at a constant 60mph speed for very long. Messes up the valves or something since it's made for constantly changing gears and braaping the throttle. Did you not have to do any engine work?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I started out on the dirt (crf150f). People don't know what they are missing out on! The freedom you experience on a dirt bike/dualsport is twice that of any street bike.

I remember my cousin coming from Germany one winter and trying out my dirt bike. At the time he had over 3-4years of sportbike experience yet when given the opportunity to ride my dirt bike, he had a hard/awkward time riding it through barely 6inches of snow lol. I always find riders coming from the dirt have an easier transition.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerr View Post
Awesome! Looks like a blast! I don't know much about 2 strokes, but I used to have a crf250r and you weren't supposed to ride it at a constant 60mph speed for very long. Messes up the valves or something since it's made for constantly changing gears and braaping the throttle. Did you not have to do any engine work?
Yea it's about the same...... it's not big on cruising at a steady speed, so I try and keep it varying around. But here in the mountains where I live there's so many hills and curves, you're usually always slowing down/speeding up anyways. But if I do get on a part where it's steady speed I just slow down a bit then keep gassing it to clear everything out. I didn't do a single thing to the engine..... it's still pretty much completely stock. I am gonna go a tooth up on the front sprocket though, just to keep it from screaming, as it's geared pretty low to begin with (it IS a trail bike, after all, lol). But being a 6 speed definitely helps there too

-Jared

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishblood View Post
I started out on the dirt (crf150f). People don't know what they are missing out on! The freedom you experience on a dirt bike/dualsport is twice that of any street bike.

I remember my cousin coming from Germany one winter and trying out my dirt bike. At the time he had over 3-4years of sportbike experience yet when given the opportunity to ride my dirt bike, he had a hard/awkward time riding it through barely 6inches of snow lol. I always find riders coming from the dirt have an easier transition.
Yea I really wish I would have started out on dirt first...... I did the opposite, lol. I rode 11 years on the street and then got a dirt bike, haha. I had rode a couple times in the dirt back in 2012 on my friends bike, but only been riding dirt consistently since I bought this bike back in March of this year. Been a lot to learn but I'm getting the hang of it.... I think, lol

-Jared

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishblood View Post
I started out on the dirt (crf150f).
fantastic little bike. an 03 was the bike that i really learned how to ride in the dirt on. 10 years later we bought one for my girl friend to learn on and sold it a year later to buy her a cbr250r. wish we kept it though cause god damn even at 25 years old that little bike would have me grinning ear to ear jujst rippin around the backyard
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelife38 View Post
that little bike would have me grinning ear to ear jujst rippin around the backyard
Same, my 2002 crf150f was perfect for my lawn (1 acre of dense forest), any bigger of a displacement and I would of never hit second gear lol. I remember ripping around corners and flying between trees.

Childhood memories
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
I feel like I'm missing out on a solid experience from riding dirt. I think I may likely consider it down the line. Looks to be a great adventure...

2014 Chevrolet Express 2500
2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
I feel like I'm missing out on a solid experience from riding dirt. I think I may likely consider it down the line. Looks to be a great adventure...
It has saved my ass numerous times. You really learn to look where you want to go, and you'll go there. Also a TON of throttle control, brake control, and being able to get used to those close calls and staying calm
The Following User Says Thank You to Parkerr For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (11-20-2015)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Do it do it do it!! Riding dirt is SO much fun..... it definitely takes some getting used to at first but it's a blast, no doubt. IMHO I think it helps with street/track riding skills as well. Plus it opens up a whole new world of riding adventures

-Jared

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
The Following User Says Thank You to thirdgenlxi For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (11-21-2015)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I tend to ride a dual sport on the street much more often than a sport bike currently. They aren't great for expressway riding, but a tank of gas lasts forever. On a long trip or higher speed limits I wouldn't prefer one either, but for in town, bad weather, crappy roads, they're perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page