FINALLY got to put her clothes back on. (Bike pics) - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FINALLY got to put her clothes back on. (Bike pics)

This bike has been posted here before when she was black. I had to give it a paint job since a Honda needs to be red just like a Yamaha should be blue...

I also bought a new muffler and did a few little things to her, but she was pretty much good to go as soon as I bought her.

After a couple of months getting her the way I wanted, I got my seat back today and had to share the finished product.

The wheels came on the bike. I was going to go with a black bike with red wheels, but then changed my mind about the paint scheme. The polished aluminum is growing on me and it makes her look like a Hot Wheels die cast if you ask me...I'm going to leave them for now, but buy a set of 2013+ wheels this Spring.

Last edited by C. Chaos; 01-26-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:59 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just painted mine black to white. Didnt think of the whole race/color branding.

Looks real nice. That body style is a step up from the prior.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SalemCBR For This Useful Post:
2lasts (01-29-2016), C. Chaos (01-27-2016)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 04:12 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Nice wheels man!

Clean paint fresh bikes always look gorgeous!

Honda CBR600RR 2003 - Gone! (the blond)

Honda CBR600RR 2007 - On the road! (the brunette)
The Following User Says Thank You to Soponcio Virtual For This Useful Post:
C. Chaos (01-27-2016)
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 04:17 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
That looks really good! Nice job!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nuithari For This Useful Post:
C. Chaos (01-27-2016)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Training Wheel Hero

nice job man. i personally like the no decal look as well.

what wind screen is that?

War Eagle

Last edited by CBRyeti; 01-27-2016 at 01:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CBRyeti For This Useful Post:
C. Chaos (01-27-2016)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
Im tempted to stay no decal too now. Not the original plan. I am begining to feel attached though.

Any more add ons planned?

The Following User Says Thank You to SalemCBR For This Useful Post:
C. Chaos (01-27-2016)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
great looking bike. love the red as for the wheels not a big fan but thats just my opinion personally i try to get rid of everything that looks like chrome on a bike or car.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Seksas For This Useful Post:
C. Chaos (01-27-2016)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:35 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
I like the wheels.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRyeti View Post
nice job man. i personally like the no decal look as well.

what wind screen is that?
Thanks, man. The windscreen is a Zero Gravity Double Bubble.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCBR View Post
Im tempted to stay no decal too now. Not the original plan. I am begining to feel attached though.

Any more add ons planned?
Well, as I mentioned in that my muffler debacle thread we were talking in, I love the no decals look! It really lets the lines of the bike pop and doesn't distract the eyes.

I may upgrade to a newer PC (it has a PCIII), put on block-off plates, new tune and that's about it. I have the dyno sheet from the original owner and it puts down 110 HP at the rear wheel. It has a 525 setup on right now (don't know the sprocket set up, but I think it may just be down 1 in the front), but I have a 520 kit to put on if I decide to. It's already a beast as it sets. It power wheelies in first gear if you pull the throttle too hard...I did my very first 12 o'clock wheelie on the test ride...dude didn't even warn me, but I don't think he knew either as he didn't ride it much or very hard from what I gathered.

It's an '07 with 7300 miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
great looking bike. love the red as for the wheels not a big fan but thats just my opinion personally i try to get rid of everything that looks like chrome on a bike or car.
Yeah, it's a love/hate situation with the wheels for me too. The bike was all black when I bought it. The plan was to do black again, but it's such a delicate color and scratches easy I decided to go red and black. I was going to send the wheels back to Carrazzaria to get anodized red...the red and black would have been cool...

Now...I'm the same as you. I don't like shiny things on vehicles or bikes for that matter either. I normally color match by fairing bolts, accent black where it's needed to blend the bike. But the polished look is kind of growing on me. There is enough silver throughout the bike that the wheels blend nicely...especially with the exhaust.

So I have decided to leave them for now, but this Spring buy some 2013+ OEM wheels and probably put the Carrazzarias on the track bike I'll be looking for this Spring/Summer as well.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 03:45 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Chaos View Post
Well, as I mentioned in that my muffler debacle thread we were talking in, I love the no decals look! It really lets the lines of the bike pop and doesn't distract the eyes.

I may upgrade to a newer PC (it has a PCIII), put on block-off plates, new tune and that's about it. I have the dyno sheet from the original owner and it puts down 110 HP at the rear wheel. It has a 525 setup on right now (don't know the sprocket set up, but I think it may just be down 1 in the front), but I have a 520 kit to put on if I decide to. It's already a beast as it sets. It power wheelies in first gear if you pull the throttle too hard...I did my very first 12 o'clock wheelie on the test ride...dude didn't even warn me, but I don't think he knew either as he didn't ride it much or very hard from what I gathered.

It's an '07 with 7300 miles!

Yeah, it's a love/hate situation with the wheels for me too. The bike was all black when I bought it. The plan was to do black again, but it's such a delicate color and scratches easy I decided to go red and black. I was going to send the wheels back to Carrazzaria to get anodized red...the red and black would have been cool...

Now...I'm the same as you. I don't like shiny things on vehicles or bikes for that matter either. I normally color match by fairing bolts, accent black where it's needed to blend the bike. But the polished look is kind of growing on me. There is enough silver throughout the bike that the wheels blend nicely...especially with the exhaust.

So I have decided to leave them for now, but this Spring buy some 2013+ OEM wheels and probably put the Carrazzarias on the track bike I'll be looking for this Spring/Summer as well.
you can alway powder coat them. when i bought my bike it was all black too the i changed everything to red and white combined 3 set of dif plastics to get my look and got my wheels powder coated red in the fron white in the rear lol. i love red on these hondas.. this was my baby at its prime lol https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other...ein-build.html now im transfering most of it on the track bike and putting this one back to stock.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html

Last edited by Seksas; 01-27-2016 at 03:49 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
you can alway powder coat them. when i bought my bike it was all black too the i changed everything to red and white combined 3 set of dif plastics to get my look and got my wheels powder coated red in the fron white in the rear lol. i love red on these hondas.. this was my baby at its prime lol https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other...ein-build.html now im transfering most of it on the track bike and putting this one back to stock.

I definitely won't powder coat them. Unless I find someone that can do it at a lower temperature than what my powder coat guys run their oven at. I believe it's 450 degrees. I don't want to put these wheels through that kind of heat cycle and deteriorate the life of the metal. I know these wheels are forged, and the owner of Carrazzaria even said you can powder coat them, but I won't do it.

I powder coated my wheels on my R6 (stock wheels) and I think it made them softer from the heat of the process.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Knee Dragger

so sexyyyy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page