Ever been hit by a pickup truck? graphic pictures - 600RR.net
Crash Boom Bang Had a get off? Drop your bike? Had your girlfriend kick your bike over? Tell your story here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ever been hit by a pickup truck? graphic pictures

WARNING THERE ARE VERY GRAPHIC PICTURES IN HERE THAT ARE PROBABLY NOT WORK SAFE OR ANYONE WITH A WEAK STOMACH.
The pictures are not in order but you guys will get the idea.

dont post on here much but I need a place to talk to try and keep my mental state up..

August 9th I left my house to go on a road trip for the weekend.. about 20 miles into the trip I was rear ended by a truck, my passenger ejected and I was dragged 300ish yards under the front of the truck. Unfortunately I remember being dragged and screaming without the truck stopping and I blacked out.. I woke as I was having my pants cut off of my by an 18 year old girl and she was shoving rags in my wounds to stop the bleeding. the people loading me into the helicopter I heard saying i wasnt going to make it with the ammouint of blood I had lost.. I told them if was going to bleed out and die I wanted to watch the helicoptor ride as I had never been on one before than I blacked out.. I woke up in the hopsital that night with traction through my left knee cap which is basically a metal rod through my knee with a rope attatched hanging off the bed with weight. My right leg broke my tibula and fibula a few inchs above my ankle thanks to my alpinestar smx-5 boots with bones sticking out and my foot spun around 180 degrees. the boots did protect some and save my ankle only to break it in a better place..
My left leg was broken and shattered my tibula and fibula right next to the knee cap. My pelvis was broken, my right hip was also broken. nerve damage in my left hand with 3 numb fingers
The tire of the truck also ate a very deep hole into my right quad about 2mm away from my femoral artery.
I was rushed into surgery for my exposed bone in my left tib/fib that night 2 hours after reaching the hospital.. a 9 hour surgery and lots of narcotics shut down my entire digestive system which my organs were about to explode and I was rushed into an emergency procedure to clean those out.. I watched blood come out of a tube in my nose that went to my intestines for hours and hours.
Now was not alloud pain killers... I went through 5 surgerys in 18 days with no pain killers... The feeling of them ripping off the skin on my wounds to clean them every clouple hours made me want to just end it all...screaming like I was being beaten multiple times a day and dealing with the pain of being rolled side to side with broken bones..
shitting myself uncontrollable and knowing you cant do anything about it and barely movee...

its now 2 months later and most the pain is gone.. after skin grap surgery I am healed enough to be in the rehab center.. Ive been in rehab since monday the sept 30th with an expected release date of the 16th of october if all goes well...
I was up on my one weight baring foot today in the parrallel bars. It was so awful I was basically doing a dip and using my arms to stand with my leg shaking so bad it scared me alot to know I cannot stand...
I also have another problem which a 27 year old man should not have... I have nerve damage in my penis and it is painfull.. So i am continuing to go through things that suck but should get better with time...

I am attaching some graphic pictures but I want people to see this as a reminder to always watch your rearvew mirrors and wear your gear.. I had boots, gloves, jacket, helmet on but they were no match for a pickup truck.

The ONLY fun ive had in the hospitals is the women!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoostThis89 For This Useful Post:
jonasty (08-17-2014), kenoman (11-07-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

post #3 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh god man. Makes me cringe looking at those but thank you for posting up. Glad your still with us and he didn't completely run you over. Do you know why he rammed you? How come they couldn't give you pain killers?

That helicopter part was funny though.

post #4 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 AM
clx
World Superbike Racer

dude. damn

damn. dude

im shocked

ignorance is bliss. im going to pretend i did not read this thread, as it seriously makes me doubt if its worth riding.

2005 600rr 36300km
2001 Isuzu kb 320 V6 LX double cab 212000km
post #5 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcntype View Post
How come they couldn't give you pain killers?
I'm sure he'll answer, but it is my understanding that once you lose a certain amount of blood, they can no longer risk pain killers (they tend to slow your heart rate, and when you don't have enough blood to begin with, that can easily become fatal.)

You said you had a pillion rider - how did they fare?

Thanks for posting up also, really glad you made it back. Do the rehab, put in the time.
post #6 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 AM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Daaayyyyuuuummmmm!!! Glad you're still around to post up. Heal up, and as much as PT sucks, stick to it. It'll pay off in the long run.

At least you had some good looking nurses!

Curious to know about the pillion rider as well, but also curious to know about the driver of the truck. Did the guy stop, any charges, etc?

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #7 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clx View Post
dude. damn

damn. dude

im shocked

ignorance is bliss. im going to pretend i did not read this thread, as it seriously makes me doubt if its worth riding.
I will be back on a 1k in the spring as long as I can hold it up... I better be able to stand well enough to hold it up!
Quote:
Oh god man. Makes me cringe looking at those but thank you for posting up. Glad your still with us and he didn't completely run you over. Do you know why he rammed you? How come they couldn't give you pain killers?

That helicopter part was funny though.
not sure why he rammed me.. i was going about 70mph when he rear ended me. Maybe he wasnt paying attention im not sure but he could have stopped way sooner than the 300ish yards he dragged me.
the narcotics shut down my digestive system to the point they almost exploded and that would have killed me. it took almst a week and half before my digestive system was working enough to have another surgery and they did hot want to risk them shutting down again.. by the time they allowed me even just vicadin I had been through so much pain already the current pain was nothing so I decided to refuse and not take any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
Daaayyyyuuuummmmm!!! Glad you're still around to post up. Heal up, and as much as PT sucks, stick to it. It'll pay off in the long run.

At least you had some good looking nurses!

Curious to know about the pillion rider as well, but also curious to know about the driver of the truck. Did the guy stop, any charges, etc?
those Xray techs and most my nurses have been fun.. I am playing the dirty old man roll and actually scored some numbers!
My passenger got off with something fractured in her back and a broken ankle. she is walking now on the ankle and her back is healing so she wont wont surgery.. Thank god nothing worse happened to her.. its bad enough what did happen and her being my best friend.
post #8 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Moto GP Racer

WOW. Glad you were strong enough to make it through alive. Those injuries are no joke. What happened to your passenger?

Were criminal charges filed against the driver that ran you over?

2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
Unfortunately bikes fall over. It's in their nature.
It's our job to keep them upright, but we are only men.
post #9 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nasty. That was a bad one for sure.

post #10 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks painful indeed. Having any sort of nerve damage in your groin area is one of the single most annoying and frustrating things I've experienced.
post #11 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Holy ****.... that was seriously disturbing. I'm glad to hear that you're still among the living. I hope you make a speedy recovery. That truck driver should get locked up but I'm sure that's not going to happen.
post #12 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Wow man, that's some of the worst I've seen, comparable to my deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan. You better thank whoever was looking over you that day.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #13 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Pocketbike Racer

jesus.... Glad you lived.... that is crazy. One of the worst crashes I have seen... Hope they got the bastard that hit you on a ton of charges and that you can get some money out of it too. Can't even imagine your pain and suffering. Hope u heal up well to as close to 100% as you can.

WTB White Lowers 07/08 - PM Me

2009 CBR600RR Pheonix- My baby!
2002 CBR600F4i - Sold
2006 Yamaha 600R- Wrecked

Current Mods:
CRG Click-a-Roll Shorty levers
Driven D3 White limited edition grips
Yoshi RS-5 Slip on CF
K&N High Flow Air filter
White Powdercoated Rear Pegs with Tripage LEDs
Tripage Taillight clear
TST industries F/E + tag light
Puig Racing light smoke windscreen
Integrated front blinkers
post #14 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Moto GP Racer

I'm glad you're able to post this. You definitely have a strong survival mentality. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone but of coursenit is wishful thinking. Thanks for posting this as it is a reminder to all.

I do have one question though, how come things like this never made it to the news but but when a driver get beaten in NY arroused every one?
post #15 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

Well, this is an accident, the NY thing involved assault and gangs (also, news loves stories that reinforce people's assumed beliefs like 'biker gangs are scary and dangerous')
post #16 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Moto GP Racer

That's my point. News like this no one cares.
post #17 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Moto GP Racer

This isn't really 'news'; let me qualify that. I mean, television news is awful in general, but there has to be some kind of edge or angle that sets it apart from the everyday things that happen day to day and are bad; this guy's accident is horrible, but over 32,000 people died in car accidents in 2011, they can't all be the focus of stories.
post #18 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dude im glad you came out of this alive, that's just scary to read and look at :( get well soon man, keep us posted on your progress, dotnet fam is here for ya bro!
post #19 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
This isn't really 'news'; let me qualify that. I mean, television news is awful in general, but there has to be some kind of edge or angle that sets it apart from the everyday things that happen day to day and are bad; this guy's accident is horrible, but over 32,000 people died in car accidents in 2011, they can't all be the focus of stories.
But we're special.
post #20 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Moto GP Racer

Daaaaammnnn! That is some serious injuries man. Just glad you and your passenger got away with your lives.
Good luck with the healing process man.
post #21 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

Wow. Them are some rough pics.
Wishing you the best in a full and speedy recovery. And glad to hear your passenger is ok also.
Please keep us posted of your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
hey pound town is going to take over as a saying
Keeper of the Bucket-2W1R

My build thread...
[/I]https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=6111490#post6111490
post #22 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Holy crap man... sue the CRAP out of that truck driver....

Some people should just be kept off the road...
post #23 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostThis89 View Post
I had been through so much pain already the current pain was nothing so I decided to refuse and not take any.
Like a BOSS!!

I'm wondering why the driver didn't stop earlier. I'm thinking drunk driver. I hope he was arrested.

What type of pants were you wearing? Jeans?
post #24 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 08:18 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
dude. damn

damn. dude

im shocked
Took the words right out of my mouth!

People today want to sue for anything and everything, but if ever there was a time to seek compensation for pain and suffering, this is defiantly it.
OP, you survived what is the worst fear for all of us. I wish you all the best with your recovery. I would say to stay strong, but you seem to have that covered.

You start the game with a full pot of luck and an empty pot of experience. The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.

2010 Leyla
post #25 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

The doctors said the ammount of muscle I had is what kept me alive.. 285lb powerlfter heres a few pics and dont ask how I fit on a 600 ha.. i throw it around like nothing once the suspension was setup. I have lost 60lbs since being in the hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
Looks painful indeed. Having any sort of nerve damage in your groin area is one of the single most annoying and frustrating things I've experienced.
would you be able to send me a message and explain your experience?

Quote:
I'm wondering why the driver didn't stop earlier. I'm thinking drunk driver. I hope he was arrested.

What type of pants were you wearing? Jeans?
I was only wearing jeans unfortunately.. one of the only times I didnt have my riding pants on but they wouldnt have saved me any with how far I was dragged. not sure why he didnt stop earlier.. alot of things did not make sense.. didnt even do a blood and alcohol test on anyone and no statements from police although there was a witness

On a good note was able to bare full bodyweight in the parrallel bars for almost 2 minutes today on my right leg after 4 days in rehab..
post #26 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 01:20 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
dude. damn

damn. dude

im shocked
HOLY SH*TSTIXX!

I'm glad you and the passenger pulled though!

You were hit from behind while *You* were doing 70?
****ING Attempt To Murder Charges!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Thank you for purchasing a 600rr as your first bike.
The odds are strong that you will successfully add to our classified section and help lower parts prices

Crash Stats: Length of ownership
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=313730
post #27 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

i'm not riding this weekend holy s*.... thanks for sharing man. Glad your passenger is better.... damn.. heal well you monster. Bet all that fiber is what kept you together.

what about the driver? Glad he stuck by and you guys airlifted out of there. Why he hit you is beyond me but still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamzboy View Post
I do have one question though, how come things like this never made it to the news but but when a driver get beaten in NY arroused every one?
Because its not an issue that divides our country.
News in this country are f*** up. Its entertainment, not news. I have actively filter what i *read*. The only thing i watch every now and then is colbert and daily news, that seems way more sane than turning on the fox or nbc or whatever local crap is on grrrrrrr /rant
post #28 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Hot damn thats gnarly. Glad your ok dude and keep strong!!

post #29 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That's a crazy situation, glad ur okay and alive. Those pics are unbelievable never seen anythin like that before. Seen some bad ones but nothing like that...

post #30 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

i had to quickly scroll through the pics. too much for me.

how the hell did he not hear your two bros? glad you made it out. im thinking there's no way the driver is going to have enough insurance to cover all that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in