What is it from London? 400miles?

Do that the Tuesday, you'd have buns of steel by the end of the week lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's another 2 confirmed. That's 6 bikes going with another 2 possible. This is gona be a hoot.
post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I can see big Kev ending up on this to think I've re-kindled the flame.
Les could also be a possible. Funny how someone talkin about a bike n takin lessons stirs the soul in those who think they've gave up the bikes lol

post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Looks like John is up for it mate.
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 05:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

last name smith?

anyone know a good bike inspector/engineer for cheap haha? or payment when i win my claim kinda deal

I wants a goddamn road trip b!4tch

I may be moving to Macclesfield soon, not that I was far from the Cat and Fiddle, it may soon be on the doorstep, muhahahMUHAHAHA

post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Looks like John is up for it mate.
gave john the details today

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
last name smith?

anyone know a good bike inspector/engineer for cheap haha? or payment when i win my claim kinda deal

I wants a goddamn road trip b!4tch

I may be moving to Macclesfield soon, not that I was far from the Cat and Fiddle, it may soon be on the doorstep, muhahahMUHAHAHA
I can't believe you haven't got that sh!t sorted yet, are you still riding it? surely you've gaffer taped it back together just for a weekend blast?

what do you need a bike engineer for?

roads like the cat & fiddle are nothing compared to what I have on my doorstep...... muhahahMUHAHAHA!!!
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Training Wheel Hero

We need to go through the village on this trip it'll be epic
post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan-rr5 View Post
gave john the details today

I can't believe you haven't got that sh!t sorted yet, are you still riding it? surely you've gaffer taped it back together just for a weekend blast?

what do you need a bike engineer for?

roads like the cat & fiddle are nothing compared to what I have on my doorstep...... muhahahMUHAHAHA!!!

To value my bike properly haha, they under value it and over value salvage, meaning what i get in the middle(to keep the bike) is bull, like £2k, can't even fix it for £2k(as new anyway)

I'm not gaffing it because I'm using it as the party piece, the evidence that will crush this woman, shows side damage meaning shes lying i went into her, and it's working to convince my side enough to carry on.

yea cat and fiddle sucks nowadays all the cameras and when you get up top you'll have to make a wish that the wind does mean you have to ride sideways on...haha, then there's the unmarked cop cars, past a GSXR600 or 750 that was pulled by one last I was up there

I'm still crossing the fingers this ends well before may and there may still be chance, then i'll be up with a 12+ blade, naturally as i'll have to re-acustom to 1000cc i'll be doing 20mph holding you up

I should really do suspension on a bike someday...I never get around to it, too busy with exhausts, disc bolts, discs, pads, tyres, brake lines, oils, solo cowls, double bubble screens, levers, grips, bar ends, crash bungs, fork protectors, carbon fibre, power commanders, well you get the point

sorry...just annoying everyone :D

Last edited by brmoore; 12-23-2013 at 06:54 PM.
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

ATTENTION UK MEMBERS!!!

now that xmas has been & gone, it's time to get serious with this.

we now have 6 bikes confirmed, with others undecided & others only doing stages of the run.

so with that being said, I want to start booking the travelodges to avoid any nasty surprises closer to the dates. so there's 2 choices, if you're travelling in a pair you can book your rooms yourself (links below) or (if you're on your own) you can send me the money by Paypal (I know how that sounds but I'm no tea leaf!) & I can book the room for you & pair you with another lone rider.

as you will see from the links, there are 2 prices, refundable or non-refundable, non-refundable being cheaper, again if I'm booking your room for you then let me know which you would prefer. most of us will probably go with non-refundable tbh.

here's the links:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/2...Fairways-hotel

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/5...-William-hotel

so if you are definitely going on this trip, please let me know asap along with how you're booking your room & how many are coming with you.

I will be booking multiple rooms at the end of Feb, after that you can sort your rooms yourself

thanks all
post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

3 weeks to go.

We have a bed available at the hotel & cottage since Matt can't make it. £60 secures the accommodation for you (and let's me return Matt's money).

There's currently 9 bikes, 11 people going.

So any more takers?

post #41 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

9 bikes, 11 people, my maths might not always be good but that suggests some 2 up? People taking partners etc?

post #42 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Your powers of deduction are mind blowing mate lol.

You still bikeless?

post #43 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Can I attend virtually? You just need to set up your action cams to broadcast the feed on a website, and I'll watch it from here........in full leathers of course.

I urge people to try and make this trip; if I wasn't half way round the world I would have been all over it.

Hope you guys get all the pics and vids you can, stack up on memory cards.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #44 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Can I attend virtually? You just need to set up your action cams to broadcast the feed on a website, and I'll watch it from here........in full leathers of course.

I urge people to try and make this trip; if I wasn't half way round the world I would have been all over it.

Hope you guys get all the pics and vids you can, stack up on memory cards.
that would be pretty cool if we could set up a live link.

I was out testing the gopro last week, I'll upload the vid for you to see what your missing lol

edit:
ok so I have a $hit laptop that can't handle the gopro's awesome power, so I've just converted this, $hit quality but you'll get the idea

edit:
aw what the hell? 44 sec clip, I need to work on this, bear with me

Last edited by swan-rr5; 05-01-2014 at 03:03 PM.
post #45 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Are we not supposed to be in leathers 24/7? Oops...I always thought it was a bit difficult to shower while still in it...

Yea I'm still bikeless... i undressed her the other day...to clean the fairings...why I dunno...keep her on trickle charge every now and then...turn her on and let her run a bit....

Okay I need a life.

Last edited by brmoore; 05-01-2014 at 07:08 PM.
post #46 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
Are we not supposed to be in leathers 24/7? Oops...I always thought it was a bit difficult to shower while still in it...

Yea I'm still bikeless... i undressed her the other day...to clean the fairings...why I dunno...keep her on trickle charge every now and then...turn her on and let her run a bit....

Okay I need a life.
I'll be watching the feed in leathers, adding more depth to the vicarious experience.

So when will you be riding that Blade you've always wanted?

Co-President of Team46

post #47 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Tiz the final count down practise done get ready for the real deal

post #48 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 03:02 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I'll be watching the feed in leathers, adding more depth to the vicarious experience.

So when will you be riding that Blade you've always wanted?
Meh, they brought out some last minute witness who I can tell doesn't like bikes so I'm telling solicitors that they must be B/S...waiting for the reply, this is so I can go to court, must have been waiting to go to court for like 6months now, apparently this is what having legal cover included is like...not doing what you've asked a million times.

Looking forward to the pics of the ride

post #49 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Doesn't sound good. Hope you get it sorted.

On another unrelated note..........1 more sleeps!!!!!

post #50 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 04:17 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Well hole eee shazznizzll that was something else what a trip

post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Full update as soon as I can get in front of a computer long enough

post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glad it went well guys. Look forward to the details...
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Moto GP Racer

Looking forward to all the details and media!

Co-President of Team46

post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

What a trip, 900 miles, 10 people, 8 bikes, 3 days, 3 downed bikes & 1 hardcore/stubborn biker chick.

I was going to do a full day by day post but I can’t really be bothered. I’ll give you the highlights & the pics.

Day 1 was good, nice weather & an easy start on roads I knew, up to a point. after meeting up with people along the way, I quickly got lost in Edinburgh lol. There was a lot of that until I got us past the city & onto the open road. This is when we started to get a glimpse of what Scotland had to offer. The scenery was great, the roads were twisty & good condition so we could really get into a groove, at times we enjoyed it too much & missed a lot of photo & video opportunities, but that’s life, we saw it all. After meeting my friend from Aberdeen, she & her partner led us to the Lecht ski centre, a stretch of road that climbed to over 2000ft & had gradients of 1 in 5, in other words, it felt like we were riding vertically! I came over a crest & the valley opened up beneath me, which was met with a “HOOOOOOLLLLLEEEEEEEEE F*********K!!!!”. downhill lefts & rights before we climbed again. We stopped for pics at this point. The last part of this road was interesting, a steep downhill with multiple bumps that bottomed out the bike before springing back over the crest, at times it felt like I was flying, then a nice tight left at the bottom & a sheer drop if you messed it up. The rest of the day was spent in pure blissful twistyness until Inverness, a light spot of rain the only dampener on a great day. 10 hours of biking, my legs were dead! We went for a bite to eat then crashed out for the night.

post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Day 2 had more drama. We set off from Inverness towards Ullapool over in the Western Highlands. The road was like a track winding along the side of a loch. We stopped for some pics, then one of the guys (Alan), told me & 2 others to go on ahead & that he would lead the group. This just gave us a chance to hit the road a little harder than we had been doing so to that point, & hit it hard we did. What Alan failed to tell us was we were supposed to turn left about 5 miles up the road, so we got lost AGAIN! But it did allow us to make a stop at the Corrieshalloch Gorge, a 200ft deep cut in the world with waterfalls & a platform that let us walk right out over the gorge, not a good time to remember I don’t like heights lol. After that the drama started, we were heading around the coast, again great roads, corners like the corkscrew at laguna. But as we came around one corner, there was a telephone line hanging over the road, around chest height, which forced Alan to almost ditch his bike, me to brake hard & my Mrs to swerve to avoid me while braking to avoid the line. Unfortunately she hit me in the tail, punching my exhaust along the way. The impact was enough to smash the plastic end cap & BEND the metal behind it before she went down. I was already struggling to hold mine so just laid it down too. The next 5 mins were a bit of a blur, but it turned out that there was a guy working on the line, who hadn’t given any indication that he was there (signs etc, which is a big deal in the UK for health & safety stuff), anyway, he showed no remorse about the fact he had left a line hanging over a public road & didn’t give a $hit that my Mrs could have been standing there with a broken hand. The cops & ambulance were called out, the old boys in the group were going nuts lol. Long story short, the ambulance checked her over & advised her not to continue due to the swelling, bruising & the fact she could barely bend her fingers to operate the clutch, but her reply was, “f**k that, I’m going to applecross to get food”, never keep a Yorkshire lass from her grub lol. But the paramedics were stand up guys, even the copper was ok. Time was getting on at this point so we hit the road for applecross. We stopped at the end of the applecross road for pics, set up the Gopro onto my sis-in-laws helmet & we started the climb, you’ll see in the video that we took it easy but no amount of pics or vids could make you fully appreciate just how tight this road is, especially the hairpins, the camera could see better than us! Then the reason my mrs soldiered on, the grub! OMG, the food at this place is incredible, the chef is the fisherman, all the seafood is caught fresh. Perhaps it tastes so good because it could potentially be the last meal you ever have lol. Definitely worth the “death road”. We had a good run back down, a little faster in places, scared the crap out of myself lol. Next stop was Dornie for Eilean Donan castle (from the movie “highlander”). Check the pics, simply stunning! As you can tell, day 2 was long, we didn’t get to our accommodation until 9:30pm, then we had to find a shop before 10pm, so me & swany went bombing to the next town, eventually sat down & relaxed after 13 hours on the bike.

post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Day 3. We left the cottage & immediately landed on a 20 mile ribbon of tarmac that was incredible, I don’t remember a single straight on it, dips/bumps/crests/tight lefts & rights, EPIC! I would have been happy doing laps of that all day. But the next stage was Glencoe, one of the most stunning places I’ve ever seen, I’ll let the pics do the talking for that part. we stopped a lot more on day 3 than the others, once because my backpack flew open & dumped one of my spare gloves down a cliff lol. We rode on down the coast with the sun shining & the roads continuing to snake their way down the country, we really are very lucky here. We stopped at the harbour in Oban, more seafood, fresh lobster tails, ice cream at Inveraray, before making a final stop as a group in Dumbarton. We said our goodbyes& made the decision that it should be an annual thing. Riders started to filter off en-route until we were down to 4, last guys standing (kind of, my legs didn’t work at that point). The best holiday I’ve ever had in my life with a great bunch of people to share it with, thanks to everyone.

post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

A few special mentions, thanks to Alan, the guy is like a walking Google, he knows Scotland like the back of his hand, took the lead when I was struggling & was an invaluable member of our group. Thanks to my sis-in-law for the camera work she done. Thanks to my bro for passing his test! And finally, a huge thank you to my girlfriend, she showed true grit & determination after she hurt her hand & wouldn’t give up or complain, how she continued to ride with the pain she was in I’ll never know. she’s one of the strongest people I’ve ever known.

Here’s to the next one, cheers everyone.
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 02:21 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Spot on account mate and that girl of yours deserves a medal. Would do that every weekend if I could afford it heart still jumps at every photo can't believe I've done the applecross so soon after passing well planned trip bud. BIKE!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to swany For This Useful Post:
swan-rr5 (05-21-2014)
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 AM
BOTM winner 03/15

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Looks like one amazing trip! Great photos and some fantastic looking roads. Glad you all had a great time, I'm extremely jealous.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

UK '08 CBR600RR build thread: link *SOLD*
BOTM Winner 03/15

The Following User Says Thank You to dkid For This Useful Post:
swan-rr5 (05-21-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page