Front right original bolt removed
New special bolt installation (torque at 45 NM)
Finally the frame - Remember to use the "different frame"
Now problems start... the front left has a strange "axle"
and the provided assembled frame (the last one available) unfortunately does not get in in the right way...
I started my investigations and discovered that all the ABS and not-ABS models of CBR600RR from 2010 (including so the 2013) have different FRONT AXLE WHEEL part number:
- ABS: 44301-MFJ-A50
- not-ABS: 44301-MFJ-D00
Therefore problems could be that their ends are different (as per bike model) or LighTech made a wrong kit (I sent an email but as it is vacation period I think I will get an answer in September).
So to overcome the problem and finish my job, I thought in something like the below:
because after few millimeters the axle has the 17 mm of diameter that the ring+nut have.
So a new shopping list
- On the right of the picture, original parts
- on the left:
- M10 nut (it perfectly stays in the axle)
- Washer - internal 8,5 mm - external 16 mm (two) (they avoid movements)
- LighTech Bolt - Code:001 - M6 Len=50
During the assembling I put some electrical tape on the bolt to avoid movements of the nut.
And finally mounted:
Let me know for any questions/comments.