Bad Transaction with Forum Member - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bad Transaction with Forum Member

I'm not going to give names yet since i do not want to slander someones name. I do however have a problem with another forum member that i paid for an item and havn't recieved. My question to you guys is how long would you wait after you sent someone $65.00 before you filed, and there emails keep being delays on shipping the item. btw pait with paypal, he said that item would be shipped on monday 4/13/09 but i havn't heard from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Uhh, how do you know he didn't ship it off already? It's too soon to really tell. Maybe he just didn't get you any tracking info and it could show up at your door tomorrow?

2008 Honda CBR600RR
Mods
FP Short Levers
Vortex Rearsets
520 Chain Kit (-1/+2)
Speedohealer
Power Commander 3
Woodcraft Frame Sliders
Tripage Foot Pegs
Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust
Arrow Headers
Tripage Adj Fender Eliminator
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
Proton Flush Mount Turn Signals
OEM Rear Seat Cowl
Puig DB Windshield
Blue Krazy Eyes
Blue Knight Rider
JDM 6000k HIDs

R.I.P. Chenhan
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Jyn
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What's he saying?

I purchased some Pazzo levers on eBay awhile back. Guy told me they were shipped and sent back to him, then that they would be shipped the next day, that turned into the next day, and communication came to a seize.

File the report with paypal if its been more than 5 business days and you don't feel confident with the transaction going through.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

well i paid him on the moday before easter. he didn't respond to any emails untill i sent him one thretening to file with paypal, that was sent on easter sunday. he said he would ship it out on the following monday and now it is thrusday of that same week, i don't have any tracking information and the first email he sent me said he would send me the tracking information and shipp as soon as he was paid through paypal. payment was made on april 2nd, it is now april 17th, that means he has had my money for 15 days.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd say file the complaint... safe then sorry. Or say there name on this site so they smarten up and get some people to put a fire under his bum.

-Shelby
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=124351

D3 Grips, O'Grady Paint, Powder coated everything, Custom LED switching, Tripage Third Eye, Custom LED Gauge Cluster, 6000K HID's, Integrated Mirrors with Signals, Integrated Signal/Brake light, Driven Sprocket Kit -1/+2, EK Chain 520 Pitch, PC3, Quickshift kit, Multi mapping touch screen, Block Off Plates, BCM Air Filter, DIY Short stack Air Mod, Speedohealer, Galfer Stainless Steel Brake lines, 450R mod, Yoshi pipe, Arrow Headers.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
2 weeks since payment and no item with no real excuse? Sorry but its time to file a claim and throw him under the bus. There is no excuse for bad communication, as Demented has already found out

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Once someone has your money, you have every right to expect timely communication on the status of that purchase and timely delivery. Even if the seller is having a problem delivering as expected or on time, which can happen, they should go above and beyond to let you know every detail of the delay and expected delivery and or give you the option of a refund. That's called integrity and business transactions rely on at least a minimal amount of it between buyer and seller. So ask for a refund or file a claim per the seller's apparent or questionable integrity.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 05:37 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well if I remember correctly, you have 60 days from the day of payment to file with paypal. Give it another week and see what happens. If it still doesn't show, file with paypal for sure. The only reason I would even suggest you give the seller the benefit of the doubt is because we all share the same forum and I would hope that we could all trust each other at least to a certain degree. You never know if something came up in his life where he had to turn his attention to it instead of shipping your item. I've had this happen to me recently and I completely forgot to ship something out. I contacted the buyer and told him what happened and he was cool. What I'm trying to say is for you to try and not jump to conclusions too soon. It would be nice if he responded in a timely manner though...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmadboy View Post
Well if I remember correctly, you have 60 days from the day of payment to file with paypal. Give it another week and see what happens. If it still doesn't show, file with paypal for sure. The only reason I would even suggest you give the seller the benefit of the doubt is because we all share the same forum and I would hope that we could all trust each other at least to a certain degree. You never know if something came up in his life where he had to turn his attention to it instead of shipping your item. I've had this happen to me recently and I completely forgot to ship something out. I contacted the buyer and told him what happened and he was cool. What I'm trying to say is for you to try and not jump to conclusions too soon. It would be nice if he responded in a timely manner though...
45 days. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ection-outside

I'd give it until Monday. You are still well within the 45 day period and any package shipped ground from a contiguous US address to another takes less than a week. The only circumstance that you may not be able to retrieve your payment if the seller doesn't come through is if they have already removed the funds but at this point if they were planning on doing that they already would have.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Jyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKEtinaBOXER View Post
well i paid him on the moday before easter. he didn't respond to any emails untill i sent him one thretening to file with paypal, that was sent on easter sunday. he said he would ship it out on the following monday and now it is thrusday of that same week, i don't have any tracking information and the first email he sent me said he would send me the tracking information and shipp as soon as he was paid through paypal. payment was made on april 2nd, it is now april 17th, that means he has had my money for 15 days.
File the complaint. Paypal will send them an email giving them an opportunity to reply. If it doesn't push him to complete the transaction, then Paypal will have you covered.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:08 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
File the complaint bro! That's not good business to get someones money and not let them know what's going on if there's some sort of delay with the shipping. Also, If he made a label with paypal (confirmed address) when and if he shipped it, you should get a tracking number automatically via e-mail.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

no tracking confirmation, and he is in toronto, canada. the only reason i know that is because i tracked him down requesting a shipping quote to toronto for some leathers over on another forum. i sent him another email yesterday and asked him if he has shipped the item. he hasn't responded yet. The day i file i am going to post his screen name, real name, and email adress so no one else will get this same kind of treatment.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

email im sending today:

Have you shipped the battery tray? If you have not shipped the battery tray I would like to give you the chance to refund my $65.00. If I have not heard from you by Monday afternoon I will be filing a claim with paypal.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

File a complaint ASAP, you can always close it if the issue is resolved, but you have 30 days to file a complaint.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

refund recieved, and he left me a bad itrader review.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 PM
HONDAholic

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
pm a mod about that itrader rating! that's BS!

2008 METALLIC SILVER
Silver Mids
Stomp Grips
Vortex Spools
Tripage PC'ed pegs/blinkers
Akrapovic Slip-on
Tripage Adj. FE
Puig Smoked Windscreen
CA Modified taillight
Tripage Crazy Eyez
Proton Flush-Signals
HID's 35w 4300k With Tripage Relay Delay

stolen**
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Jyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKEtinaBOXER View Post
refund recieved, and he left me a bad itrader review.
lol what a douche.

PM Moe and I'm sure he'll take care of it.

The guy had 16 posts, next time do business with someone who at least has enough posts to post in the classifieds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page