29 Dreams in Birmingham, Al. - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thumbs down 29 Dreams in Birmingham, Al.

Buyer beware! I've been a supporter of Tim and 29 Dreams ever since I moved here a couple of years ago. I have a big problem with people who don't listen when I give instructions or simply refuse to stand behind their product warranties.

Case #1: (Resolved w/ no extra charges to me)
I brought Roger a set of forks to have the oil changed. I gave Tim the info on what I wanted. (Honda SS-8 10w fork oil). When I picked up the forks they had put 5w fork oil based on Racetec's website. Well these are stock OEM forks built by Honda. Not Ractec. I took them back and Tim grudgingly had Roger replace the fork oil.

Case #2: (Resolved w/ no extra charges to me)
I bought a front tire (Dunlop Qualifier) from Tim. Took the bike home and noticed a considerable unbalance to the front end. Took it back to Tim and had them inspect the tire. They found nothing. Rode it back home with the same wobble. When I checked the runout on the tire it was clear there was a noticeable flat spot on the tire. Granted, they didn't manufacturer the tire but they sure had just as much time to find the problem as I did. Dismounted the tire and took it back to them for a full replacement.

Case #3: (Screwed out of $140 and the past 3-4 times I've been able to ride)
I bought a Yuasa battery from Tim. 6 months later I'm eating breakfast at 29 Dreams and go to leave. The bike won't crank. I go back in and ask Tim if someone can help me jump the bike off. He says he'll be right out because there's no one in the shop today (Sunday). So I go back out side and wait in front of the shop (where the camera's are). And I wait.....and wait....and wait....10 minutes.....20....going on 30 and I'm now pissed. I push the bike down 25 and into the neighbors driveway so I can bump start the bike and go home. I get the bike running and pull back in front of the garage door only to see Tim NOW coming out to help. I just put my helmet on and left. Thanks for the help Tim!!

6 months later (I haven't been riding due to injury) I go to crank the bike. Dead battery!! I call Tim and he tells me that he only gives a 6 month warranty on a battery that comes with a 12 month warranty from Yuasa! What!?!?! He claims that it was my battery tender that killed the battery....What!?!?! The same battery tender that I've had for the OEM battery that lasted 3-4 years. His parting words to me were, "Let me know if I can do anything else." Hmmmm.....Here's a thought Tim. Why don't you man up and support your f'n customers!? I guess his idea of support is to hand them a fresh beer when they get too low.

Tim,

I'm no idiot...You see...I'm an Administrator on https://www.600rr.net and I know a thing or 2 about these bikes and their charging systems. I've tested mine many times. The problem Tim is you keep forgetting who you're talking to because you can't even remember my name no matter how many times I talk to you. My name you ask? IT'S TIM!!!!!!!!!!! It's the same as yours!!!!!!

I've tried to support 29 Dreams and been on your side many times. But I'm done with you. I've given you more than enough chances and you continue to screw it up. I now understand why so many people have left you. Don't come asking me for my support in the future when I can't count on you. Enjoy that $140. It's the last you will ever see from me...........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Moto GP Racer

Sorry to hear about that.
Some people just dont comprehend the value of word of mouth.
250 Rule

R.I.P Phatty

http://twitter.com/Front_Street
@Front_Street
My Photography Attempts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srtechness View Post
From the look of your dome.. You kinda look Mexican...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Garage
^Very true!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Tim,
Thanks for this info. I was planning to goto them to get some slicks. But, I think I will pass now.

--------
Ride N Joy
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
I AM The Righty

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
that does sound shitty. hope there is another local shop you can use since they obviously don't care about you:the customer
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 04:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
they must not realize how quickly negative feedback can drain the life from a business...ya might not ever hear from the happy customer but i take notice of the unhappy customer...especially after giving the amount of incidents with them.....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Garage
The other local shops are not much better. One is too high with their prices and the other is to incompetent to put the fairings back on straight.

PS...I did here a rumor that a BIG name in the local area is going to be opening a shop downtown very soon. It's said the shop will have a coffee bar and billiards for a wait while your bike is serviced. Also, bikes from Barber's MSP museum will be on a rotating display in the shop. :01_thumbu

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Knee Dragger

**** happens none of those seem like a big deal to me.

'08 Red CBR600rr
-LP no cut sliders, spools
-Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
-Cut Yosh Slip
-Tripage FE
-Tripage Blue Krazy Eyes
-6000k DDM HID's
-Puig DB Light Smoked
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Garage
You might have a different opinion if you actually heard the conversation and got the same feeling of "I don't give a $h!t" that I got. Some people work harder for their money then others and are not rich. So $140 may mean a lot if they get taken. Me personally, I can take that loss but I sure don't have to like it. All I'm trying to do is to make sure people in my local area can find a good local place for service and parts.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Tim, sorry for your trouble with the idiotic manager.. it really really sucks to be taken like that... if i got scammed i would threaten to post signs n crap " .."______" service sucks.. theyll scam you!"

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Training Wheel Hero

man that suck.i myself have never let them work on my bike.do to the fact that they wanted turn there attention to others while i was there waiting and also when they would talk to me it was like i was some dumb kid that didnt know what i wanted or was talking about. so i just stayed away from there shop.now the only reason i stop there is for that damn fine breakfast man i miss that...
if you can wait a year until i get out of MMI..ill come back and start my own shop with some great stuff like a dyno, ppl that wont look over your head,and will help riders in need....well at least thats the plan if i dont get a intern offer with a race team
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Good luck with either one motormouth! We need a good shop around here.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
northern ky needs one to. the honda shop here is the same way.there was the yamahahahaha shop that was opened for 2 years and i took my f4i there all the time then i got the rr and took it there too. they were like ten times nicer and cheaper. they would talk for a hour if needed to fix your bike or just what ever you needed. they didnt look at you odd for riden something different then what they sold of trying to up sell you on everything. i try now to do all the work on my own bike then have to take it to them. i have only taken my biek to the dealer once and got rape so hard my ass bled for weeks. simple tune up ended up costing me over 6 bucks. plugs-oil-filter-air filter-CCT- new front tireand brake padsall i wanted was a tune up and they said it would be 80 bucks. i was pissed when i walked in and found out what they did with out even calling me. anyway.... word of mouth is huge all the guys i ride ith now refuse to go there because of how i got ripped off. its not like they are goin to sink or swim without us but its just that much more they dont get to have now
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Training Wheel Hero

hello guys ...

its really nice post....

i just liked it....

thanks....
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Testicular Fortitude

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks for the heads up. If i'm ever stationed around the area I wont take my bike there.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page