Alphaflight - dishonest seller! Beware - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alphaflight - dishonest seller! Beware

I purchased a leo exhaust from Alpha on the 22nd. In his for sale ad he stated that all the hardware to mount the exhaust would be included
See below:

I then proceeded to send him a Pm specifically asking about the mounting hardware and the most important pc ( the bracket) :

When i received the exhaust it was not in the "great condition" it was described as (should have known better because he only took pictures of one side!), and there was 1 screw to mount it to the bike!? All hardware included? Yeah ok! just this:

The mounting hardware and kit that was supposed to be included is 79.99 from leo vince (plus 11$ shipping)

I asked him to refund me 60 towards the kit and id put out another $30 to cover the rest.
He feels that he did not lie about the mounting hardware, and that i should just go to a hardware store and find a way to mount it. He also feels that is what anyone else who bought the exhaust would have done?

So now im stuck with an exhaust i cant mount to the bike and out $300.

I have given him plenty of chances to make this right (we have about 10 PMs back and forth) so I do not feel I am jumping the gun posting this thread.

Heres a warning to anyone who wants to purchase parts from Alphaflight. I hope no one else has the same experience i did. I know he has some good feedback but that is no excuse for him to get away with straight up lying about what he is selling.

Paypal is no help, they are a joke. I will most likley just call my credit cards company and have them issue a chargeback to paypal and then they will go through his bank to recover the refund.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeh just charge back paypal if you are unhappy for any reason. Your credit card company will protect you.
Paypal will charge back his bank account, problem solved.

08 CBR600RR Red/Black
Akrapovik Slip-On
Scorpio SR-i900R
1000RR Mirrors w/Signals
Proton Flushmounts
CNR Shorty Levers
Shogun Crash Kit
eGay FE Kit
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That is just straight up dishonest of Alphaflight. He clearly stated "all mounting hardware" it should only take one PM to resolve the issue.

I say the mods ban him, we don't need a guy like this as a part of our community

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that sucks man i would be pissed 2 thanks for heads up
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Wow, thats extremely dishonest. I agree the mods ban him if ot allready done. If he sold me that crap i would have done the same thing you are doing, not suck it up and go to the hardware store and find stuff to make a bracket.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

agree with everything said. i would be pissed if he i was in that situation, and i would not, go to a hardware store to mickymouse it. it would be different if he said it didn't come with hardware, but the fact that he said "all" is some grade AA b/s
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

perhaps you should give this guy one shot to redeem himself, and it should be left up to the OP. should the op feel satisfied or not.

i totally agree, people who straight up lie need to be booted out and get their ass on a gixer forum

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks for the support guys, I was hoping everyone wouldn't think I was over reacting but I think its pretty cut and dry what is going on here.
I'm going to give him this weekend to make it right (even though Ive given plenty of time already) and call my credit card company Monday. I still don't think I'm being unreasonable by asking for a refund that is less than the parts cost. But if i do end up having to go through the trouble of using my cc company I will be asking for the full amount of the hardware kit.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Paypal will Freeze Alpha's funds... Hell, Paypal is willing to freeze anyones funds for no reason. File a claim with them

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
man thats bull shat. you went about it very tactfully though. thats still ridiculous though, you even specified to make sure everything was included as well. im hopin he we at least give you the 60 bucks towards the new mounting kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Women are mental terrorists. They bleed for almost a week and don't die. Of course they're crazy. Seriously. End of discussion.
R.I.P PHATSTUD

officially addicted to track
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
He might need to change his 'Trader vouch thread' link in his sig

Nor*Min
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:52 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Why give him more chances? He is obviously trying to cheat you...
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsol600 View Post
man thats bull shat. you went about it very tactfully though. thats still ridiculous though, you even specified to make sure everything was included as well. im hopin he we at least give you the 60 bucks towards the new mounting kit.

He went about it very tactfully?? He gave the man a chance to fix the problem and he doesnt want to! He made a thread to let people know he is a dishonest seller!
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Um Bryan...tactfully is a good thing :)
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_JOE View Post
Um Bryan...tactfully is a good thing :)
I knew that, just seeing if you were paying attention! Im a
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Demented

I see you said PayPal was no help. Did you file a dispute and raise it to a claim and give the same information to them as you did us, plus his PM's to you? If so, there is one other way.

Since that is legally theft, report his ass to the IC3. www.ic3.gov. That will get him shaking in his boots and to fork over the $60.
The internet crosses both international and state boarders, which makes it the jurisdiction of the FBI and their internet crime department.

I almost bought that exhaust too. Glad I didn't.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I see you said PayPal was no help. Did you file a dispute and raise it to a claim and give the same information to them as you did us, plus his PM's to you? If so, there is one other way.

Since that is legally theft, report his ass to the IC3. www.ic3.gov. That will get him shaking in his boots and to fork over the $60.
The internet crosses both international and state boarders, which makes it the jurisdiction of the FBI and their internet crime department.

I almost bought that exhaust too. Glad I didn't.
Well what happened with paypal is because i didnt purchase it off of ebay they only cover goods that were no received. They will not do anything about missing parts. I opened the dispute and they closed it right away, so i called and asked what was up and thats when she told me about if i didnt buy it off ebay blah blah, then she told me to contact my credit card company and they will handle it because i have sufficient evidence that he lied and parts were not included.

Quote:
Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
You are lucky you didnt buy it, but according to him, anyone who bought it wouldnt it would have no problem with this...

Quote:
i don't think other people would have such a hard time mounting it with a few parts from a hardware store. when it was mounted on my bike, it looked fine to me.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Well, like I said, i gave him untill today to make this right and he has not responded or issued a refund.

I opened a chargeback dispute through my credit card company today, so we will see how this turns out.

So once again if your thinking about buying anything from alphaflight, save your time and money hes a lier and thief.
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

wow. just got back from vacation and saw this.

i am so glad to see that the 600RR forum has such good support for VETERAN members and sellers with a good trader rating.

for the record, i never owned a leo vince before. i got this exhaust off of a 600rr that i purchased and i gave him all the mounting hardware that was on the bike when i took off the exhaust. he asked me if it included all the mounting hardware, to my knowledge i gave him all that the hardware that was on the exhaust when i took it off.

to top it off, the guy just purchased $80 for a few bolts off of leo vince and expects me to pay at least $60 for a few bolts without my consent!?! i would have rather him return the exhaust and i'll refund him the $300 (shipped)! for pete's sake, who the heck would refund back 20% for a few BOLTS!

send me back the exhaust and i'll refund you the money. and for the record, this guy just automatically sends a claim to paypal after a couple days for the full $80! paypal denied him but i was/am still open to negotiate with him.

Trader vouch thread:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=89410

Have a crashed sports bike you want to sell in the SoCal or NorCal area? PM ME!!!!!

They call me "The Project Bike Guru"
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

p.s I'm was down from the very beginning to refund $30 which i thought was fair for bolts... bolts...

Trader vouch thread:

Have a crashed sports bike you want to sell in the SoCal or NorCal area? PM ME!!!!!

post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 05:04 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

P.S.S The guy asked for pictures on the other side which i was willing to do, he just needed to wait for me to get my camera from my gf, but he asked me to ship it anyways.

i wasn't trying to hide the other side bro

Trader vouch thread:

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Demented

^ It's more than just bolts that is included in the full mounting hardware kit.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Two reasons this whole deal went down sour

1. comunication break down you lads probably never heard that tune listen to it sometime

2.Assumptions makes evrey one jump to conclusions learn this valuable lesson
in case you have not heard it ass-u-me ================ assumptions

Ala Samuel L Jackson character said in Pulp Fiction and i quote
**Assumption is the Worst mother effer **

An assumption is a proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts.

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 05-05-2010 at 07:29 AM.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
1. comunication break down you lads probably never heard that tune listen to it sometime
Pretty damn bold of you to mention that.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

i'll publicly proclaim it.

if you want a full refund, send me back the exhaust with all the "bolts" and springs and i'll refund you the money. you really can't expect to just buy the hardware and then expect me to just pay $80 without my consent first. i'm not a cyclegear or have loads of money to just give out like that man.

Trader vouch thread:

Last edited by alfaflight; 05-05-2010 at 02:18 PM.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
^ It's more than just bolts that is included in the full mounting hardware kit.

i'd really like to see what is missing. from his picture it sounded like just a few parts. what could possibly make it $80?

Trader vouch thread:

post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaflight View Post
i'd really like to see what is missing. from his picture it sounded like just a few parts. what could possibly make it $80?
Two spacers/adapters that go into the subframe.
Mounting bracket that goes between the subframe that the muffler bracket mounts to.
4 conical washers. 1 for attaching the muffler bracket to the subframe bracket. 2 to attach the subframe bracket to the subframe. 1 spare.
1 bolt and nut for muffler bracket.
3 bolts and nuts for the subframe bracket (1 bolt and nut is spare).
1 bolt and nut for midpipe bracket

The pictures bolt and washer the OP says he got isn't even part of the Leo Vince system. It's a stock mounting bolt. It looks as if the ONLY thing he got for the mounting kit is the muffler bracket. Everything else is missing.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Oh wow how nice of you to want to work so much with me now that I made this public.

I was done with this as of Monday. I PMed you 7 times (after getting the exhaust and before you "went on vacation") and you were not looking to work with me. I was being fair and we could have worked this out.

Like I said, I gave you plenty of time to fix this and all I got was a run around from you about how that's all the hardware to mount it blah blah , now over a week later you're finally here trying to defend yourself?

I supplied the CC company with all the same information I have in this thread when i filed the chargeback, so it's in their hands now.

I will take a picture of the mounting hardware I received from Leo Vince when i get home so you can see exactly what is needed and what was not included. Bolts, washers (not some little crappy fender washers) The mounting bracket to attach to the strap, the exhaust doesn't magically stay on the bike with 1 bolt
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

The hardware came from leo vince today. Here is everything needed. Obviously the bracket being the number one priority and essential to get the exhaust on.

post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 02:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2686 View Post
Oh wow how nice of you to want to work so much with me now that I made this public.

I was done with this as of Monday. I PMed you 7 times (after getting the exhaust and before you "went on vacation") and you were not looking to work with me. I was being fair and we could have worked this out.

Like I said, I gave you plenty of time to fix this and all I got was a run around from you about how that's all the hardware to mount it blah blah , now over a week later you're finally here trying to defend yourself?

I supplied the CC company with all the same information I have in this thread when i filed the chargeback, so it's in their hands now.

I will take a picture of the mounting hardware I received from Leo Vince when i get home so you can see exactly what is needed and what was not included. Bolts, washers (not some little crappy fender washers) The mounting bracket to attach to the strap, the exhaust doesn't magically stay on the bike with 1 bolt
bro. i PMed you pretty much immediately after you sent your complaint. did i not offer you a partial refund? how can you say i am only trying to work things out after you made this public? all the stuff that i posted on this thread i sent you in a PM the week before. how can you say that i'm defending myself only now?

i wasn't sure if you wanted to keep the exhaust and get a partial refund or if you just wanted to return it for a full refund. but you went ahead and just purchased the mounting bracket pretty much immediately after telling me how much it was and without any sort of confirmation saying that i would be down to refund you $80. you pretty much laid out and expected me to follow all your plans.

anyways. it's in the CC companies hand. lets see what happens. it's sad it had to come to this. you state your side, and i have my side to it.

Trader vouch thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page