having issues with Palm Bomb - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Thumbs down having issues with Palm Bomb

So i bought the headlights from palm bomb. from here:

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=193211

saw for sale add and sent money right away on June 23rd 2010.
he said he will ship only when money will come to his bank (weird?) even though paypal is instant payment. also there where no pictures of the item, but it was described as mint set + 3rd eye if required.

So i get this on pm 06-29-2010:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bomb
hey, i'm sending you this message from an Iphone...the Paypal Iphone app is f***ed and I can't see all of your address just san francisco and part of the zip code. can you text it to me so I can send the lights to you? Sorry I didn't get them out yesterday; I got caught up helping a buddy work on his bike. my number is 860-***-****...just shoot me the full address.
also, I have to mail you the third eye seperately. It's locked in my buddy's garage where I keep all my tools and parts. he neglected to tell me he was going on vacation this week...sorry for the hassle about that but I'll get them out to ya. Cheers, Chris
so i send him text message from my phone with my address on 6-29-2010

his reply to my text was:
"Cool I will send it off tonight"
after waiting for a week i texted him asking for the tracking info on 7-9-2010. he replied same day saying that he shipped the lights and will get tracking number when he will get home (7-09-2010).

after that i did not received tracking info instead i received new pm here on forums on 7-12-2010:
Quote:
hey, i'll either refund your money or make sure they get sent tonight. I had left them with my sister to be sent out before I went on vacation. I didn't know she never sent them. Your call. my complete bad. if you still want them instead of a refund, i'll see how much it is to second day air them to you. what a f**kup...jesus this is totally my fault. my bad man. text me what you want to do.
i replied via text message that i still would like the lights so if he could send them out and give me tracking info. i recieved tracking info on 7-16-2010.

so i finally receive the box on 7-21-2010. i open it!!! first there was no packaging material of any sorts he simply threw 2 headlights and small trim in the box taped it off and sent it out. third eye was not there and one of the mint headlights has half an inch burn from inside of the lens (see the picture bellow). so i contacted the seller via pm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dziuggy
hey just received the lights today. the right light is ok (few minor scratches i can live with - probably because you just threw them in the box without any kind of packing material) however left one has half an inch burn or something on it. you stated that there is no damage to them. also haven't got the third eye either.

i am attaching the picture of the light. needless to say i am very disappointed with this transaction so far. left light has damage, no 3rd eye, took almost a month to get there and extremely poor packaging (bubble wrap???)

i will be able to use right light however left is out of question. i am not sure how can you miss damage like this on perfect light.

let me know what can we do to resolve this issue
and get reply:

Quote:
The third eye was sent in a diff package two days after so you'll probably have it tomorrow. I cleaned the lights before I sent them and there was no burn on them. I don't know how else to describe lights that came off the bike after literally 18 miles. I will file a claim with USPS and paypal you whatever they reimburse me for. That's the beat I can do because they were perfect when they departed my hands. I'm off the grid for a few days cause my mother is in the hospital. I'll get in touch with you when I have some info to share.

that is last time i have heard from him. so here is rundown. i paid for the 2 mint headlights + 3rd eye. one light is damaged 3rd light never arrived despite him promising multiple times he will send it out. i dont see why i need to wait for him try and get insurance money and dont see how damage could have occurred during shipping. and why i should bear any financial responsibility for this.i paid for item i did not recieve what i paid for but some how it is my fault and i am stuck with damaged and incomplete item why he has all of my money!

also there were never any pictures of the item so he can even prove that it did not have the damage before he shipped them. damage is burn mark from inside the lens (no scratched on the outside) so how could it happen inside sealed box without any damage????????????????????

buyers beware i think this is not an hones seller as at this point i feel like he scammed me out of my money

Last edited by dziuggy; 08-05-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
What a crappy situation. I don't get why he didn't ship ASAP. I've sold on here and as soon as paypal is recieved I throw the stuff (wrapped) in a box and head to USPS.There is no need to wait for money to be transfered to his bank. Seems like he was covering his ass incase you filed a claim by taking the money out. Also I wouldn't have bought them w/o a pic before hand but I guess that's a lesson learned.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I ordered some items from him. Sent payment on 7/15 and still waiting to receive them. He stated that he is having some personal problems and had to leave town, so I'm trying to be patient. I just hope he knows better than to throw a windscreen and levers in the same box with out any wrapping to protect them.

2009 600RR Black/Bright Metallic Green SOLD!!
Mods:Leo Vince titanium slip-on, Shogun crash kit, Watsen Designs flushmounts, Tape Works reflective rimtape, TST Industries Integrated taillight w/ plate bracket.

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, because even if you win you're still retarded

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow, that sucks man...file a complaint with paypal asap! don't wait too long or they won't consider it. just because he has the money doesn't mean paypal won't go after him for it back...FIGHT IT!

08 600RR - PEARL ORANGE
Custom Paint Scheme-Akrapovic S/O-KR Tuned Sliders
Rim Stipes
-Puig Windscreen-Gorilla Alarm-Bikemaster Signals
LP Swingarm sliders
-Xenons-Pro Grips-Oznium LED's
Graffiti Heat Shields-Seat Cowl-Lamin-X Covers
Pro-Bolt Black kit-Corbin Seat-DIY Frame Plugs
Black Driven 520 Sprockets-Black EK chain
TRIPAGE STUFF
Knight Rider 3rd Eye-LED Ped Brake Lights-Adj. LED Tag Bracket
IT PRO-Krazy Eye's-All my powercoating
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU_08RR View Post
wow, that sucks man...file a complaint with paypal asap! don't wait too long or they won't consider it. just because he has the money doesn't mean paypal won't go after him for it back...FIGHT IT!
i did file claim the other day paypal sucks they just denied it

87 supra sp67 478wph 482wtq
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dziuggy View Post
So i bought the headlights from palm bomb. from here:

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=193211

Sorry to hear about your purchase. Do the headlights look tampered with as if he tried to "open" them for maybe an audi mod? I'm wondering how the inside started to melt.

"You could hang yourself faster with your tongue than with a rope"
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Quote:
Yeah, they only will cover it if you didn't recieve the item. How on paypal did you pay? If you uced a CC you can file a claim with them

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Yeah, they only will cover it if you didn't recieve the item. How on paypal did you pay? If you uced a CC you can file a claim with them
off course i happened to pay from balance so there is nothing i can do.

headlight does not look like it was opened before.

if i would at least receive the 3rd eye i maybe able to recoup some money. selling good light for $100 and 3rd eye for $30 or so. but i dont think he is going to send it as he promised to do 3 times already

87 supra sp67 478wph 482wtq
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Demented

PayPal should still hold a dispute for goods that were not received as described, unless you didn't label the transaction as being for "goods".

You can try filing a complaint with the IC3, and they will be able to help. http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's why you ALWAYS pay with Amex. I've yet to have them deny a dispute. I've never actually filed directly with Paypal, I just let Amex sort it out, and they always do. I don't even know if AMEX gets their money, but they always refund mine, which is what I care about.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
that sucks, call his number from the paypal # listed or if he lives within driving distance or you or another member, have somebody pay him a visit...post up his address (should be on the box) and see if anybody lives nearby! FIGHT IT...I freakin hate scammers!

08 600RR - PEARL ORANGE
Custom Paint Scheme-Akrapovic S/O-KR Tuned Sliders
Rim Stipes
-Puig Windscreen-Gorilla Alarm-Bikemaster Signals
LP Swingarm sliders
-Xenons-Pro Grips-Oznium LED's
Graffiti Heat Shields-Seat Cowl-Lamin-X Covers
Pro-Bolt Black kit-Corbin Seat-DIY Frame Plugs
Black Driven 520 Sprockets-Black EK chain
TRIPAGE STUFF
Knight Rider 3rd Eye-LED Ped Brake Lights-Adj. LED Tag Bracket
IT PRO-Krazy Eye's-All my powercoating
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

i have his phone number, i just dont think he will do anything. that is why i made this thread, maybe if people stop buying his parts he will give me partial refund and send my 3rd light
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsevo View Post
That's why you ALWAYS pay with Amex. I've yet to have them deny a dispute. I've never actually filed directly with Paypal, I just let Amex sort it out, and they always do. I don't even know if AMEX gets their money, but they always refund mine, which is what I care about.
If you are buying anything off an internet forum, ALWAYS use AMEX. If you don't have AMEX, do anything you can to get one. They will never deny a claim. Paypal's claims process is a total joke, unless you bought it off Ebay.

2008 600RR - track only - sold
2009 Ducati Monster 1100S - sold
I am bikeless
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Lack of Communication.

Now that he has my money his communication is non-existent. I posted in his thread if he shipped my items like he said he would and that was completely ignored (this was before he went on his personal hiatus). Also PM'd him on 8/4 asking for ship confirmation and a tracking number, since he stated all items were shipped and shipping from CT to NJ should only take a day or two. I have yet to receive a reply.

Palm Bomb
Knee Dragger
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Yesterday 11:35 AM

I can understand having a personal issue, but as a seller doing business he needs to understand that he has obligations. If he is able to check this site he should be replying to his PM's.

I'll wait until Monday then I will file a dispute with PayPal. I'm out of patients at this point and now feel like I've been scammed.

Mods:Leo Vince titanium slip-on, Shogun crash kit, Watsen Designs flushmounts, Tape Works reflective rimtape, TST Industries Integrated taillight w/ plate bracket.

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, because even if you win you're still retarded
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Demented

Since a bunch of you are involved, you guys really should file complaints with the IC3. They will go after him and get your stuff, money, or what ever it is you need.
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

The government doesn't take internet fraud lightly.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Crappy situation
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i ordered intake tube and upper fairing stay in 2 seperate transactions. I received both in good condition. but this was early on in the ad. sorry to all those who have not received their stuff....
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Just an idea that may work or not. Is your bike still under warranty? If so, is it possible to install them and get them replaced by the dealer?

"You could hang yourself faster with your tongue than with a rope"
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fc0N_21 View Post
Just an idea that may work or not. Is your bike still under warranty? If so, is it possible to install them and get them replaced by the dealer?
That would be fraud, and Honda would never warranty headlights for burn marks like that, since it's an indication that aftermarket bulbs not within Honda's specs were used.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Since a bunch of you are involved, you guys really should file complaints with the IC3. They will go after him and get your stuff, money, or what ever it is you need.
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

The government doesn't take internet fraud lightly.
For now I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and not go to such extremes. But believe me when I tell you that I'm a resilient person and if he is trying to steal from me he is going to have a hard time getting away with it.

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

i know that some people received their stuff without any problems, i dont think he is a scamer, i just think that in my situation he is trying to wash his hands of.

he says it was not damaged before he shipped it and even if it is true, i still dont see why i should be picking up the tab for it. i sold lots of things online over the years (had a business ) and sometimes you have to pick up a loss to keep buyer happy.

and my 3rd eye never arrived so......

not sure what to say anymore. i saw on his for sale thread he was having some king of family issues and i wish him well, but i am very upset that i did not receive what i paid for.

And to add to my frustration iu have had problems with 4 out of 7 my last purchases.

bought exhaust from motoexchange here that did not fit, got some stuff of ebay that was broken and my FULL set of fairings came in last week missing one of the lowers and painted not how i ordered............. having bad run here i guess
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Knee Dragger

a reason to always ask for pictures of what ur buying!!!

just wanted to say i was one of the lucky ones from his part out. got my stuff within a few days with not an issue.... stuff was pretty loose in a box. but it was sprockets and sliders so nothing that can really scratch
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Training Wheel Hero

I really hate to do this, but I guess it's time I've added my piece.

7/20 (Original payment)- Said he would shipped out next day.
7/21 - Spoke with him on the phone, added another part, paypal'd him that day. He told me he was driving to deal with family issues, I told him no big deal, to take his time I had a couple of weeks before I needed my parts, but I did have a track day in one month and absolutely needed them before then with time to install. He did offer me my money back.
7/28 - I emailed seller, asking eta. Tracking number, anything.
7/29 - Seller returns email, said he would be shipping today, apologized again for the delay.
8/2 - Emailed seller asking for tracking number.
8/4 - Sent a facebook message to seller asking for tracking number.
8/5 - Seller responded via facebook. Apologized, said would get me tracking number that day.
8/9 - Have received no tracking number nor parts that he told me shipped (7/29). Emailed and facebooked.
8/11 - 8AM (so still early) I sent him a text message asking what was going on. I am hoping he will call today.

I don't think he is a scammer, I think he has to much on his plate and is also trying to deal with shipping things out and being bombarded with complaints. However, now I am looking at having to strip out my radiator, pay for one day shipping, pay stupid amounts of money to get this guy to rush fix my radiator, hope that it works and either pay one day (probably saturday) shipping back OR take time off of work to spend my whole day driving to pick up a hopefully repaired and working radiator. Not to mention, if I don't hear from him today, I will have to order a rear brake master cylinder from a dealership new just so I can for sure make my track day in a week and a half.

I don't feel I am asking for a lot, I just want some communication. I didn't expect to see the parts before this week because I did tell him that I understood the family issue, but it's the fact that he told me he shipped almost two weeks ago and I have no parts and no word from the seller.

I am not flaming the seller, and I really feel bad for the guy because like I said I don't think he is trying to scam anyone but just ran into some difficulties himself. That bad part is now I am going to be out some major cash because I have to find a way to throw things together at the last second.

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Knee Dragger

Palm Bomb is a friend of mine. I cannot comment about the bad experiences you guys are having but I just wanted to let you know that he did in fact get a bomb dropped on him with some serious family issues and his head is in the clouds. I normaly talk to him every week but he has been out of commission for a while now. I know it's no excuse and I would be pissed of in your situation but I just wanted to let you all know that he is not lying about his family issues right now.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneRR View Post
Palm Bomb is a friend of mine. I cannot comment about the bad experiences you guys are having but I just wanted to let you know that he did in fact get a bomb dropped on him with some serious family issues and his head is in the clouds. I normaly talk to him every week but he has been out of commission for a while now. I know it's no excuse and I would be pissed of in your situation but I just wanted to let you all know that he is not lying about his family issues right now.
Tell your 'friend' to get his **** straight and start paying up. I'm calling BS on the 'family issues' and any other lame excuse. He is a scammer straight up.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast316 View Post
Tell your 'friend' to get his **** straight and start paying up. I'm calling BS on the 'family issues' and any other lame excuse. He is a scammer straight up.

+1

Also I think I might have a spare headlight (don't remember left or right) laying around if OP still needs one. PM me.

Honda Financial Services
Honda Powersports Albuquerque
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I really hate to do this, but after reading, I think you will understand why.

Palm Bomb (Seller) aka Chris FINALLY decided to return my text message at 1 PM or so this afternoon. To tell me that I was out of luck, stuck with my parts even though I informed him that I had to buy NEW FROM A DEALER ($$$$$) so that I could guarenteed parts here in time to prepare my bike for the track. This is our convo:

(8/12)
Chris (Seller) Trying to get everything straightened out by this weekend.

Me I just need my money back man. After not hearing from you I had to order parts this morning. Sorry.

Chris Sorry dude they're being rerouted after being sent to the wrong place. I'd cancel your other transaction because paypal will deny your claim once I give them the tracking numbers. Sorry for the troubles.

Me- If they were actually sent two weeks ago like you promised, why hadn't you given me a tracking number like I've been asking after for weeks.

Chris- Cause I had [a] friend helping me with everything that's going on. My family takes priority over parts sales. Sorry, just the way it is. Hope you atleast like the parts when they arrive.

Me- I don't need the parts. I had to order new from a dealer because I needed them guarenteed here by monday and you hadn't responded. I get family stuff is priority, that's cool. But with no communication from you I had no choice but to get parts elsewhere. Had you responded at any point in the last two weeks we would have been straight. But I can't afford not to pass tech after spending 500$ on this weekend. I don't get hot they got sent to the wrong place either. I confirmed my address with you and everything. (Below is a timeline for reference.)

Chris Well now you're going to have spares. Sorry. Gotta go.

I fail to understand how it is my fault that HE sent the parts to not my address? Why if he really already rerouted the parts that I still don't have the part number? Why he hasn't offered me the option of sending the parts back and he will refund me? Why it is my fault he was completely unreachable for so long?

I disputed both transactions on paypal and seeing his attitude I feel like I should just go ahead and escalate the dispute? I am not trying to steal parts or screw this guy over, but now I feel like he is trying to screw me out of money and potentially a track weekend? Thoughts? Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutel View Post
I really hate to do this, but I guess it's time I've added my piece.

7/20 (Original payment)- Said he would shipped out next day.
7/21 - Spoke with him on the phone, added another part, paypal'd him that day. He told me he was driving to deal with family issues, I told him no big deal, to take his time I had a couple of weeks before I needed my parts, but I did have a track day in one month and absolutely needed them before then with time to install. He did offer me my money back.
7/28 - I emailed seller, asking eta. Tracking number, anything.
7/29 - Seller returns email, said he would be shipping today, apologized again for the delay.
8/2 - Emailed seller asking for tracking number.
8/4 - Sent a facebook message to seller asking for tracking number.
8/5 - Seller responded via facebook. Apologized, said would get me tracking number that day.
8/9 - Have received no tracking number nor parts that he told me shipped (7/29). Emailed and facebooked.
8/11 - 8AM (so still early) I sent him a text message asking what was going on. I am hoping he will call today.

I don't think he is a scammer, I think he has to much on his plate and is also trying to deal with shipping things out and being bombarded with complaints. However, now I am looking at having to strip out my radiator, pay for one day shipping, pay stupid amounts of money to get this guy to rush fix my radiator, hope that it works and either pay one day (probably saturday) shipping back OR take time off of work to spend my whole day driving to pick up a hopefully repaired and working radiator. Not to mention, if I don't hear from him today, I will have to order a rear brake master cylinder from a dealership new just so I can for sure make my track day in a week and a half.

I don't feel I am asking for a lot, I just want some communication. I didn't expect to see the parts before this week because I did tell him that I understood the family issue, but it's the fact that he told me he shipped almost two weeks ago and I have no parts and no word from the seller.

I am not flaming the seller, and I really feel bad for the guy because like I said I don't think he is trying to scam anyone but just ran into some difficulties himself. That bad part is now I am going to be out some major cash because I have to find a way to throw things together at the last second.

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutel View Post
I disputed both transactions on paypal and seeing his attitude I feel like I should just go ahead and escalate the dispute? I am not trying to steal parts or screw this guy over, but now I feel like he is trying to screw me out of money and potentially a track weekend? Thoughts? Advice?
I feel if he really is trying to make amends, that even if he did have a valid excuse, he needs to cut his losses here. Return everyones money and pay for or at least split on return shipping if it really is en route. Sometimes things in life don't go perfect, we all get that. But that doesn't mean others should suffer along with you. Palm Bomb should earn back a little respect by doing the right thing, not burning bridges.

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

does not seem like he is willing to do that.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
dude just get your money back ..guys an arsehole for trying to scam you like that, hes being a smartmouth too "guess youll have spares" ..he made a mistake and he needs to now pay for it

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page