Buyer beware - do not buy from motorvex / dennis barvin / pavlo barvinenko / lambokey - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Buyer beware - do not buy from motorvex / dennis barvin / pavlo barvinenko / lambokey

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who has been ripped off by a seller, so we're just trying to make sure it doesn't happen to others...

The purpose of is to let others know about this fraudulent seller to ensure they do not get caught. Please pass this info on to people you know.

I have been unfortunate enough to be stung by a fraudster. Have located a part I was looking for on Ebay (a swingarm for a Ducati 848), which looked good in the photos, I contacted the seller to get some more info, which he provided stating that "The swing arm is in perfect condition, no problems at all, fully functional."

The item was then purchased through Paypal. At this point the problems started, it took a dispute and claim raised in Paypal to actually get the part shipped. Approximately 5 weeks after paying the item was shipped.

When the part arrived, the situation got even worse, on inspection of the part, it was clear that it was not perfect and that it have been damaged and this damaged had been covered up by paint. The swing arm in question is the natural coloured anodised one, which is not painted and has a brushed finish to it.

I questioned the seller on this and blatantly denied the fact that it had been repaired and refused to fix the situation.

Unfortunately, at this time I have been unable to have paypal refund the money and this battle is still going on.

The person in question goes by the name of Dennis Barvin, although his real name is Pavlo Barvinenko.

He also has multiple bay user names, the ones I have found so far include Motorvex and Lambokeys.

His address and phone number is:

PAVLO BARVINENKO
MOTORVEX
11101 SE 208TH ST APT 1821
KENT WA 98031-4153

425-773-7015

Having done a bit of research on this guy (should have done it prior to purchase) it appears that he has a history of selling damaged parts.

KORDO
'08 CBR600RR
- Puig light smoke double bubble, CRF 450 Mod w/ custom bracket, Sato Rearsets, Pazzo levers, Woodcraft Case Covers, oggy knobs, fork & swingarm sliders, PC'd gas cap, subframe and pillion pegs, garage door opener mod, gutted intake, stomp grips, caron Yosh RS-5 s/o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Ok so I've already posted this in the GSXR forum (sorry lads I bought a GSXR600 track bike) and there is some movement in the thread there about this:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...78#post4844278

And I'll just copy and paste in another post from my mate which includes pictures

As per the excellent suggestion made by Y2KGSXR750 here are some links to photos.

The standard swingarm is not painted and has a brushed aluminium finish, it is the one fitted to the bike with the damage to it - hence the reason I need a replacement The Motorvex swingarm is the one resting on top of the standard one.
The photos show the difference in the surface finishes and you can clearly see the painted finish of the Motorvex swingarm and the textured overspray.

Photo of original swingarm

Photo of Motorvex swingarm

Photo of both swingarms (Motorvex swingarm on left)

Photo of both swingarms (Motorvex swingarm on top)

Photo of overspray on Motorvex swingarm

Given this is a safety critical part, I cannot fit it to my bike as the damage that is being hidden by the paint may have compromised the structural integrity of the part. Which doesn’t align with the Motorvex supplied description of the part which I quote as "The swing arm is in perfect condition, no problems at all, fully functional"

Further, when Motorvex was challenged regarding the repair this is the response "You can see and I know that the item was never repaired nor damaged. I don't know what marks you see, but you can take that paint off and you'll will not find any repair work guaranteed. again the item is fully functional and is in good used shape"

He has admitted that it has been painted!! Which would mean that it is not in perfect condition as per the description I was given.

KORDO
'08 CBR600RR
- Puig light smoke double bubble, CRF 450 Mod w/ custom bracket, Sato Rearsets, Pazzo levers, Woodcraft Case Covers, oggy knobs, fork & swingarm sliders, PC'd gas cap, subframe and pillion pegs, garage door opener mod, gutted intake, stomp grips, caron Yosh RS-5 s/o

Last edited by kordo; 11-17-2010 at 04:56 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Demented

Tell your friend to report mail fraud to www.ic3.gov, both local PD's, and the local post master.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
none of your pictures work? could be my comp.

anyways, sorry to hear this, I just bought something on ebay from hong kong and only received one item, hopefully, it'll come soon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks for the heads up.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Sorry here's fixed links...

Photo of original swingarm

Photo of Motorvex swingarm

Photo of both swingarms (Motorvex swingarm on left)

Photo of both swingarms (Motorvex swingarm on top)

Photo of overspray on Motorvex swingarm

KORDO
'08 CBR600RR

Last edited by kordo; 11-17-2010 at 05:21 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
infinate719

Sucks that this happened....I saw this on the WERA Forum too so your definitely getting the word out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page