600BonesRR - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down 600BonesRR

Well, as some of you may know, I listed my bike up for sale for a one week special price of $4000.

After a ton of texts/calls/emails, I decided to work with this guy, Dustin (600BonesRR). I sent him my personal infomation (name, numbers, address, a picture of my license) for verification.

I went out of my way to hold the bike for him for a few days while he got the money order set up, and also to hold the bike for him while he saved up for shipping. He showed serious interest in the bike, so I said why not. The bike was to be kept stored in my garage until he got the money for shipping, and I would send him a bill of sale and the title when I received payment.

Everything was set in stone, and he claimed that he sent the money order, but then "lost" the receipt with the tracking numbers on it. Red flag number one.

He said he'd go back to the store and request the tracking numbers and get back to me that night. Few hours later and still no response.

After texting him a few times, I finally got a response and he said he didn't get a chance to go get the tracking numbers. Hm...

Wednesday he said that the money order will arrive by Friday.

Friday came and went, and no payment. I texted him multiple times with no response. Emailed him, and nothing. Called, and no answer. I left a voicemail, but never got a call back.

The next morning I get an email saying this;

Quote:
My parents have access to my bank account because I'm a part of theirs or something. They didn't want me sending the money unsafely so they cancelled it. They said that you can send me pictures and everything you want but that doesn't guarentee anything. I wasn't aware that it was cancelled till this morning.
I was never updated after he found this out.

I have serious doubts that he ever even sent the money order in the first place. Considering he is 19 years old, I should have expected such immature actions.

Oh well, the bike is back up for sale, but I assure you all that I will never do business with Dustin again.

07 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You Should never try to do buisness involving amounts like that that cant be done face to face, your simply asking for trouble, and never except a money order for that much either, cashiers check/Bank check would be better. also how long has this guy been a member for

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

It may have been a bank check; I just call them all money orders, lol.

I've sold cars via forums before, so I'm used to the process.

It's all good if they actually send the money, but it's just the lying and leading on that pissed me off.

I make sure to give the buyer all my information, and verify it, so they feel comfortable doing the transaction. This opens up more potential, out of state, buyers.

07 CBR600RR

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 80 reviews
It could be an honest mistake. Its tough dealing with people not face to face with large amounts of cash. Also dealing with younger folk.

It doesnt sound like this deal will go through. If you throw your bike up on craigslist in NH and MA you will get a lot of bites. At the price you have it for Im temped to take her off your hands but I am saving up for a track bike.

Good luck with your sale man.

Last edited by busyychild; 12-11-2010 at 10:17 PM.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
bump for your sale

i had a cheap item for sale and i was going on a road trip yesterday so the guy tells me he wants the item i say ok but are you sure because i don't have much time and have to drive over to my storage to pick it up for him and can ship on my way driving out. He says ok and he will paypal when he gets off work. I go 20 minutes away and pick up his part in keep it in the car 2am i get a pm saying tried to send paypal but it wasnt working so i reply no prob since you sound serious i will keep it in the car and send as soon as you send..

a half a day passes he replies to me oh btw someone else offered me the same part for 20 less will you match it.. at this point i'm ticked off and just to get it done say yeah go ahead and he dissapears lmao or else in real life this is the type of person i would go to jail for just due to the way he played me..

in conclusion i go on the family trip and my wife is nagging me all day about why the f i have this part in the car taking up space that i could of put the baby stuff.. I'm just looking stupid.
p.s. pming him a copy of this address to read the aftermath

thanks for making me feel stupid and trusting people its not even the cost its the principal of it.

- 3x 600 rr's track- 2x 1k rr's track -
When you are busy winning, who has the time to show off?

post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Karma is a real bitch!

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 AM
infinate719

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post
karma is a real bitch!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyychild View Post
It could be an honest mistake. Its tough dealing with people not face to face with large amounts of cash. Also dealing with younger folk.

It doesnt sound like this deal will go through. If you throw your bike up on craigslist in NH and MA you will get a lot of bites. At the price you have it for Im temped to take her off your hands but I am saving up for a track bike.

Good luck with your sale man.
It could've been, but the fact that he told me the money order was out, and said he'd have a tracking number numerous times makes me think I was just getting strung along.

When I called him, and actually talked to him (in the beginning of the transaction), he couldn't make a sentence since I think I caught him off guard, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual View Post
bump for your sale

i had a cheap item for sale and i was going on a road trip yesterday so the guy tells me he wants the item i say ok but are you sure because i don't have much time and have to drive over to my storage to pick it up for him and can ship on my way driving out. He says ok and he will paypal when he gets off work. I go 20 minutes away and pick up his part in keep it in the car 2am i get a pm saying tried to send paypal but it wasnt working so i reply no prob since you sound serious i will keep it in the car and send as soon as you send..

a half a day passes he replies to me oh btw someone else offered me the same part for 20 less will you match it.. at this point i'm ticked off and just to get it done say yeah go ahead and he dissapears lmao or else in real life this is the type of person i would go to jail for just due to the way he played me..

in conclusion i go on the family trip and my wife is nagging me all day about why the f i have this part in the car taking up space that i could of put the baby stuff.. I'm just looking stupid.
p.s. pming him a copy of this address to read the aftermath

thanks for making me feel stupid and trusting people its not even the cost its the principal of it.
Yep, that stuff pisses me off.

Sorry you had to go through that man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
Karma is a real bitch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinate719 View Post

07 CBR600RR
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First off I don't know Bones. I have a 21 year old dumbass son. He is working on his sixth car in two years. They get worse as it goes. If I was on my sons account I would definitely not let him buy anything without my approval. My point is that whether someone is 19, 21, or 30..... Maturity is not guaranteed.

"It only hurts till you die"

"No, that really wasn't just a hint it was a suggestion"

"Crash"
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Thing is, he originally said everything was cool and good to go.

I asked if he lived with his parents when he told me his age, and he said yes, and that they were all good with him buying it.

The lies just kept getting thrown at me.

07 CBR600RR
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye_sti View Post
Thing is, he originally said everything was cool and good to go.

I asked if he lived with his parents when he told me his age, and he said yes, and that they were all good with him buying it.

The lies just kept getting thrown at me.
You know, i have had people tell me they were going to buy something from me, and continue to say this and lies kept flowing.... I never believe anything anyone says untill the cash is in hand nor would i hold on to it for anyone i didnt know personally. im selling stuff now and get the same things that happend to you... But to be honest, you dont see me bitching and whinin about it... Man the fuk up and move on.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
You know, i have had people tell me they were going to buy something from me, and continue to say this and lies kept flowing.... I never believe anything anyone says untill the cash is in hand nor would i hold on to it for anyone i didnt know personally. im selling stuff now and get the same things that happend to you... But to be honest, you dont see me bitching and whinin about it... Man the fuk up and move on.
What the **** is up your ass, dude? The buyer/seller review section is here for a reason, so why don't you refrain from posting in my thread.

But yeah, it's perfectly cool that he was "definitely buying it" and I told other potential buyers that it was already sold because he said he sent the money. /sarcasm

I didn't want multiple people sending me money at once.

07 CBR600RR
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
The kid did not make the deal so what may be your lucky and should be thankful for that after all

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 12-12-2010 at 08:29 PM.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
infinate719

Quote:
Short Stack you must be a Jets fan... or a team that got their a$$ kicked this weekend.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 PM
World Superbike Racer

ill take ur bike with pleaseure where are u how much is shipping to NYC?

cbr 600 RR 2004
Driven D3's
DDM HID 55w 6k high/low
CRG Adjustable Levers (Gray)

www.facebook.com/stexmne
R.I.P. Phatstud
BB Pin 23BC2D2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
4. I believe you are born with the motorcycle fever in your blood
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinate719 View Post
Short Stack you must be a Jets fan... or a team that got their a$$ kicked this weekend.
I dont watch football.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
lmao at jets they should just cut the grass instead of playing on it.

- 3x 600 rr's track- 2x 1k rr's track -
When you are busy winning, who has the time to show off?

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 11:10 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
I dont watch football.
+1 on that one :D

cbr 600 RR 2004
Driven D3's
DDM HID 55w 6k high/low
CRG Adjustable Levers (Gray)

www.facebook.com/stexmne
R.I.P. Phatstud
BB Pin 23BC2D2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
4. I believe you are born with the motorcycle fever in your blood
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Testicular Fortitude

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fteac70 View Post
First off I don't know Bones. I have a 21 year old dumbass son. He is working on his sixth car in two years. They get worse as it goes. If I was on my sons account I would definitely not let him buy anything without my approval. My point is that whether someone is 19, 21, or 30..... Maturity is not guaranteed.

I'm 23 been living on my own since I was 18. If my parents tried to tell me how to spend my money I'd just tell them to eff off. If they earn the money and save let them spend it how they want.

OP: Kid probably didn't have 4k anyways.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
I'm 23 been living on my own since I was 18. If my parents tried to tell me how to spend my money I'd just tell them to eff off. If they earn the money and save let them spend it how they want.

OP: Kid probably didn't have 4k anyways.
That's what I was thinking.

07 CBR600RR
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Moto GP Racer

You didn't receive money to hold the bike, therefore you shouldn't have held it. It should have been kept on the market until the cash was in your hand. Its your fault. And i would never accept anything other than cash or payment via paypal.. My wife worked at a bank for years and they can make any money orders or cashiers checks look legit until they bounce in your account..

But like i said man, karma is a bitch, and it bit you in the ass.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
You didn't receive money to hold the bike, therefore you shouldn't have held it. It should have been kept on the market until the cash was in your hand. Its your fault. And i would never accept anything other than cash or payment via paypal.. My wife worked at a bank for years and they can make any money orders or cashiers checks look legit until they bounce in your account..

Are your panties in a knot because your boyfriend got banned again? Lay up, dude. If you're going to be a douchebag then GTFO. There's no need to pollute this guy's thread.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Ugh maybe it was just a bad transaction and he really had no intentions on buying the bike. I bought my 1st bike when I was 18 with str8 cash. And so did alot of other members on the forum. So its not that usual. Teens are worthy of doing business. Perhaps maybe his parents really did pull the plug. HA IDK.... But good luck with your sale.

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

Karma sure did bite me hard, especially now that I have the money sitting in my bank account.

I appreciate you posting in this thread, because now I know you're a ******* idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Are your panties in a knot because your boyfriend got banned again? Lay up, dude. If you're going to be a douchebag then GTFO. There's no need to pollute this guy's thread.
Oh, his butt buddy got banned so he's all mad?

07 CBR600RR
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
BOTM Winner 01/12

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm not a fan of 600BonesRR either. Because of him, I got screwed over on this deal.

No Sig Pic, trying to save you some bandwith!

Thank you to all of our service members, past and present, who have risked their lives for us.

OIF Veteran
08 CBR - Red/Black: Not Stock
My Build: https://www.600rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239602
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaN20 View Post
I'm not a fan of 600BonesRR either. Because of him, I got screwed over on this deal.
hit him up the public profile and get his thoughts if you have hate inyour heart let it out, haha.

GLWS op,

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye_sti View Post
Karma sure did bite me hard, especially now that I have the money sitting in my bank account.

I appreciate you posting in this thread, because now I know you're a ******* idiot.

Oh, his butt buddy got banned so he's all mad?
wait, so your saying that you got payment for the bike?

Honda 600RR RED (Julia)
"Ambition is just a poor excuse for people to not have enough sense to be lazy..."
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Just because the kid backed out of the deal does not mean he is a bad guy
**** happens like the saying goes and if every seller posts a thread when
the buyer changes mind and not complete the sale then will have hundreds of such threads

Now that the bike is sold there is no need for this drama to continue

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 12-15-2010 at 12:10 PM.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Just because the kid backed out of the deal does not mean he is a bad guy
**** happens like the saying goes and if every seller posts a thread when
the buyer changes mind and not complete the sale then will have hundreds of such threads

Now that the bike is sold there is no need for this drama to continue
i dont think his point was simply that he backed out, that would be understandable.
from what i gathered he feel that the guy never had full intent on buying and cost him potential deals when he was holding the bike.

procrastinating on a deal like this would make me feel the same way.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Moto GP Racer

So you know, the reason im in here on bye-bye" ass is cause this. we were talking via text about his next track day and all that, than he asked to borrow my knee pucks, i entertained the idea and decided against it. low and behold, a week later he moves to NH. he never mentioned that to me when we were talking. than i spoke with some mutual friends and they said he wasnt going to to the track day and knew he wasnt prior to him asking me to borrow my pucks... so all that are defending him can kiss my ass. this punk is a thief, no matter how small the item.

So you little bastard, you got what you deserve, whining faggot.

R.I.P. PHATTY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page