I need some help and advice from you guys. - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need some help and advice from you guys.

So im new here, and dont have many posts. I know its the wrong section, but I cant post in the GoodGuy/BadGuy section and Im not gonna bs my post count. Mods, can you move it to appropriate section if you dont want it here?

About a month ago(12/12) I started talking to byebye_sti about buying his bike. I bought it and shipped it and took delivery on Dec. 22. Bike is fine, working order and everything. My problem is with the paperwork. I asked him to send the title and BOL with the bike, and he said he'd rather send it with tracking not to risk getting it lost(dec 21). Dec 23 he says its in the mail. A week later I ask him for any updates and he says hes been in NY all week for an unexpected trip. I say fine, cool, just send me a tracking number when its in. Text him on 1/5 about the title, no answer. Text again on 1/11, and ask's if I got the title. I just got back from a trip so I wasnt sure. He said (on 1/11) he send it in the post office a few days ago. It took him forever to find it because it was stashed away from his move. Ive been texting him day in and day out about it. The only text back ive got from him was yesterday saying "dude, busy. Title has been out". Ive been asking for a tracking number for a while. Even Post Office gives you a receipt with a tracking number.

He lives in NH(used to live in NC), and im in PA. I started to get worried that the bike was stolen, but its still registered to him in NC. There are a few possibilities of what could've happened. A.) He's lying and never sent it. B.) It actually got lost in the mail. (Where is the tracking number like he said he would send it.) C.) He dosent have the title and is getting a duplicate. NC DMV said that if he needs to get a duplicate he'd have to print out a form, get it notarized, send it in with $15 and they'd get one out to him. But hes not answering my texts, calls, voicemail is full, and no one answer's the home phone.

Here's the link to the FS thread: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=218525

What do you guys think I should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Hmmm would check with his local leos to verify that he hasn't reported the bike stolen. Second check look into finding additional contact for him. This may seem ridiculous but if I was you and I was in your shoes pending you still have the info verifying the sold it and shipped it to you. As well and funds were exchanged. I would threaten to take him court. (idk exactly on what "legal" reason) But perhaps that will light a fire under his butt and he'll send you the info. ASAP. Meanwhile I would start asking questions to any laywer/leo about other means of getting your property. Worst comes to worst demand a refund... Did you use paypal?

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hate sheity deals., good luck

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
hate sheity deals., good luck
why can't all deals go smoothly.. And yeah if you threaten him I'm sure he will put more effort into shipping it. But yeah, research and see if you have anything against him that you could use in court. GL

2008 Graffiti:
Jardine Slip-on
Flush mounts
FE/ frame-spool sliders
Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen

Future Mods: (WTB)
Tripage IT and FE
Akra full exhaust
Matte Black Seat cowl
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I hope all this works out for you man. Just to be transparent I would contact both yours and his local police and let them know what's going on / maybe ask for advice. Any friends with legal experience should be added to speed dial as well. Did you pay through paypal?

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010

http://www.facebook.com/cCoons

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Im very lenient and understand that things come up, people are busy and things cant get done right away like some people expect, but hes lied to be about it twice, so I dont see a reasont to trust him anymore.

I just called Strafford police, and the officer knew who he was before I even finished his name. lol. He said he'd be telling him in person to contact me since he will be seeing home soon. He didnt report the bike stolen though.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD1079 View Post
Im very lenient and understand that things come up, people are busy and things cant get done right away like some people expect, but hes lied to be about it twice, so I dont see a reasont to trust him anymore.

I just called Strafford police, and the officer knew who he was before I even finished his name. lol. He said he'd be telling him in person to contact me since he will be seeing home soon. He didnt report the bike stolen though.
That's good man. I have found out that in deals where you barely know the other party it is better to take precautions (such as a paypal dispute) Early on. Better to risk hurting some feelings than to get ripped off. If everything turns out right in the end then you close the dispute and no harm is done.

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

we did a direct wire transfer directly through the bank.....
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Moto GP Racer

This guy is a top notch douche bag and dont expect to get the title. why in the fuc would you send someone money unless you had the title in hand? bad move on your part... this guy is a fukking punk, if i were you i would call the police on his bitch ass.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I decided to trust him?

so what do I do now? Im gonna keep blowing up his phones. He finally answered his home phone, and denied it was him. He hung up on me. Next time his mom answered and denied anyone by his name lived there.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I decided to trust him?

so what do I do now? Im gonna keep blowing up his phones. He finally answered his home phone, and denied it was him. He hung up on me. Next time his mom answered and denied anyone by his name lived there.
That, my friend, is the sound of you getting your money stolen! pm me his phone number so i can call and tell him how much of a piece of shyt he is.

R.I.P. PHATTY

Last edited by SHORTSTACK; 01-20-2011 at 09:05 PM.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Moto GP Racer

contact the IC3 (mail fraud), report it to his local post master, who will be able to possibly help, and to dispute the payment with his bank and/or credit card company. Would also be best to call up both his local PD and byebye's local PD and tell them what is going on, and ask for help on what to do.

Three things can be covered with that.
1) Byebye_sti will feel the pressure and will actually get the title to the new owner

2) multiple reports will be out there proving that the new owner (guy making the thread) did not steal the bike if Byebye_sti ever tries to do anything stupid and claim it stolen
3) Reports will be left with the police, possibly DMV, and the FBI, so if Byebye ever does report it stolen to his insurance company, he can be hit with insurance fraud as well.

Either way, covering all bases to at least keep the OP out of legal trouble.

R.I.P. PHATTY
The Following User Says Thank You to SHORTSTACK For This Useful Post:
AfroCBR (03-29-2011)
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

His mom finally answered and started talking. She dosent know what exactly was going on, but I explained it to her. He told her he mailed it out once, it was returned bc of invalid address so he mailed it out again??? I told her directly that does not make sense. We came to an agreement that if I dont get it by monday, Ill be calling back and she'll get to straightening it out.

She sounds like a sweet lady, so we'll see what happens.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
His mom finally answered and started talking. She dosent know what exactly was going on, but I explained it to her. He told her he mailed it out once, it was returned bc of invalid address so he mailed it out again??? I told her directly that does not make sense. We came to an agreement that if I dont get it by monday, Ill be calling back and she'll get to straightening it out.

She sounds like a sweet lady, so we'll see what happens.
you're wasting your time, quit being naive and get the police involved.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
He was a pretty regular poster here, and was selling that bike for a SUPER GREAT DEAL.
Try to be patient befor you start flaming him. **** happens. You got the bike and he got the money...the title will come.

2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
Unfortunately bikes fall over. It's in their nature.
It's our job to keep them upright, but we are only men.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i wouldnt say you are wasting your time, if ne thing you are showing considerable understanding and effort to resolve this matter.

i would take advice given that directs you to get more third parties involved. create a paper trail that shows your efforts to obtain the title after you had made a payment.

your bank has record of the transaction so he cannot dispute it, i honestly wouldnt worry about getting ripped off.

keep doing what you are doing and it will be resolved.

now go drink a beer to our fallen whore Phatstud!

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
He was a pretty regular poster here, and was selling that bike for a SUPER GREAT DEAL.
Try to be patient befor you start flaming him. **** happens. You got the bike and he got the money...the title will come.
so what he was a poster, what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? i know first hand that he is a fukking thief. he tried to steal my knee pucks..........

fuk patience in the ass....

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
so what he was a poster, what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? i know first hand that he is a fukking thief. he tried to steal my knee pucks..........

fuk patience in the ass....
You didn't mention that in your earlier posts...I don't know him so my advice is unbiased.

This situation is different from theft because the sale was completed. He is just waiting, and anxious to get the title...reasonably so. I would be pissed if I was getting flaked on too. I'm just sayin' it will come. He has to send it, legally, and he knows it, so it will just require a little patience and documentation.

2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Quote:
You didn't mention that in your earlier posts...I don't know him so my advice is unbiased.

This situation is different from theft because the sale was completed. He is just waiting, and anxious to get the title...reasonably so. I would be pissed if I was getting flaked on too. I'm just sayin' it will come. He has to send it, legally, and he knows it, so it will just require a little patience and documentation.
This is true. It's not like he can come in the middle of the night and steal the bike, just to say that the payment was never made. Everything will work out in the end. But, as for the advice the OP asked for. I think sound advice has been given.

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Just to clarify we started talking about the bike on 12/12(I think, could be earlier). Money was sent 12/14. Bike was picked up 12/21( he was a pain to get ahold of that day. I thought I was screwed that day as well). Motorcycle was delivered 12/22. Today is 1/20. He calimed he sent the title a couple times. I understand holiday delay, etc...but thats a month. Unacceptable.

Anyone see this thread? https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=213038

not surprised.

Thanks for the tip Shortstack. Filed that. I read about your kneepuck thing before I bought, so I understand why you dont like him, its justified. I also read about the time his bike almost got stolen, called the cops, etc...so I decided to trust him off of that.

This is my first(and now probably only) time buying a vehicle online.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Moto GP Racer

He's definitely showing a pattern of flakiness and poor follow through.
I'm sure the title will arrive quickly after that LEO you spoke with pays him a visit...hopefully anyway.
Good luck.
Keep us posted.

2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Well the LEO cant pay him a visit just for that. LEO said he will be seeing him soon about some other issue.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Good News, I got the title today.

It WAS postmarked on Jan 21, so he was lying all along. Made sense too because he didnt know my name and asked for it that night. Either way, important thing is that I got the title.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 PM
BOTM Winner 03/13

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good stuff! Seems like a bit of pressure worked a treat.

Have you confirmed it's a legit document?

Last edited by Sun-Zoom-Spark; 01-24-2011 at 09:02 PM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Glad to hear you got the title.

Good to get a heads' up on a less than reputable seller. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
Glad to hear you got the title.

Good to get a heads' up on a less than reputable seller. Thanks for posting.
It's good to hear you got the title, but most people would probably not like to be put through a waiting period like that. I know I'd be ready to

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

I bet you're relieved.
All's well that ends well...kinda, sort of.

2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Good News, I got the title today.

It WAS postmarked on Jan 21, so he was lying all along. Made sense too because he didnt know my name and asked for it that night. Either way, important thing is that I got the title.
You sure its a legit title? I hope you checked with local law enforcement on the bikes VIN. Would really suck to get pulled over and find out from the officer that your bike is stolen.

2009 Black Honda CBR600RR pimping over 1,500 miles every month since 6/15/2010!

[IMG]https://www.600rr.net/vb/picture.php?albumid=240&pictureid=801[/IMG]

[QUOTE=gee;3084049]and women say they can multi task....
i can do 4 things at once badly too, i just prefer to do one thing well......like drive..............[/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to 2010Octane For This Useful Post:
AfroCBR (03-29-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page