CLITSY, DON'T BUY FROM HIM:Bought a rLink from him - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CLITSY, DON'T BUY FROM HIM:Bought a rLink from him

I bought a used rLink from a fellow dot net member Clint (Clitsy) on Jun 22. He provided me with a paypal and I send him the payment. The entire transaction went smoothly. Except he didn't send me the smart siren which he claimed he may have. I didn't know anything was wrong until I paid Aritronix (Scorpio) my yearly subscription to get my alarm activated. They emailed me a link for me to enter my serial number to get my alarm paired to their system. I had some issues getting it to work so I send them a picture of the box with the serial number. To my surprised, they told me my alarm is an older model and it's obsolete. I can't use it at all. I contacted the seller and asked if he was aware of this. He acted in total surprise and stated it was in full working condition when he sold it to me. BUT he didn't use the tracking feature of the alarm. This is where we really have issues...the main feature of the rLink is it's ability to be tracked and linked to your smart phone since this particular model doesn't have a smart siren and it's a one page remote. In an event a theft is in progress, there's no way for ANYONE to be alerted, so what's the point of having an ALARM?

I gave him three options to correct this situation.
1) Give me a full refund
2) Give me half refund because Aritronix will give me $200 credit towards a new alarm which is an additional $293. I figure this way he still makes some money and not stuck with a useless alarm or flip it to someone else that's not knowing what's wrong with the alarm and at the same time I'm not screwed i the deal.
3) I filed a dispute with PayPal and bad mark on dot net for being a bad seller.

Clitsy first seemed understanding and agreed to option 2 on July 17. I paid $225 shipped for the alarm. He said shipping cost $10 so that dropped the price down to $215, half of that is $107.50, but asked if I can take $100 even, I figure there's no point in arguing over $7.50 so I said yes. But then he stop communicating with me, I emailed him on the 21st, 25th, and give him a final warning on the 28th to tell me SOMETHING. I was fully welling to work something out with him.

On Jul 28 I received an email from Nathan (the paypal account I send the money to)

This is the email:
"Ken,
My name is Nathan.
You recently purchased the alarm from Clint, my partner.

This email is to inform you that we will not be refunding any of the purchase money for your alarm.
After reviewing the situation, we have come to the conclusion that you purchased a product that you did not do enough research on.

Clint had for sale, a working 'Scorpio R-Link' alarm. He sold to you, a working 'Scorpio R-Link" alarm. All sales final.
Clint did not sell it with tracking or even know that you were looking for tracking with the alarm.
You purchased a working alarm, as far as we know thats all you wanted.
Since you did not do your research before you made your purchase, we do not feel it is our responsibility to pay for your lack of research on this product.
We do want to apologize to you at this time, but we will not refund any of the money. Please understand where we are coming from and know that we dont want any animosity or a bad name. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope you can figure out your situation.
Lastly, if you report us to paypal, they will do their own investigation and I will explain to them exactly what I explained to you.
Please withdraw your request for $100.00 from my paypal account immediately.

Please feel free to reply if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Nathan"

NOW THEY'RE SAYING THEY'RE NOT PAYING ME?!
I filed a dispute with PayPal, now just waiting. But can I get you guy's opinion on this?
This is the original for sale link https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=284610 #7
He has since removed the pictures of the rLink.

Last edited by flyingwangwang; 07-31-2012 at 10:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingwangwang For This Useful Post:
Sean_GT (08-10-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I guess something to learn from my experience when you're buying a used Scorpio rLink, get the model number and the serial number and check with Scorpio before you commit.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Wow, I just receive a negative feedback from him because i gave him one

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sorry about the problem you're having. I don't think that's right that you got negative feedback in retaliation. Will an administrator be able or willing to fix that if they review all the communications? If not, what's to stop any bad seller from doing the same?
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I have no idea. It's funny he think what he did if fully justified.

This is his negative feedback
"The alarm actually works fine. I had it on the bike when I bought it and was using it until I decided I didn't want it anymore. The tracking ADD ON feature supposedly doesn't work because it's an older model. The r-link is a "tracking" alarm but it doesn't come out of the box with it. You have to pay a monthly service charge for the tracking feature to even function. I was using the basic alarm features so I'm not sure how I'm lying or misrepresenting the sale when I posted it.
It clearly states in my post that the alarm was functioning when I pulled it off the bike. You never asked or stated that you wanted to know if that feature worked or not so I don't understand how I lied or misrepresented the alarm to you. You spoke with Scorpio and they said they'd give you a $200 core charge towards a new alarm, yet you want me to sent $100 back to you....
So I'm then out $100 and you get to keep the alarm and upgrade to a newer model for less money. After speaking with my attorney and discussing the situation and going over our messages and emails, I was told that I represented the item to the best of my knowledge, didn't lie, shade or try to hide anything. I told you exactly what I knew about the alarm and wasn't questioned on anything else so I'm sorry that the tracking part doesn't work but the alarm itself DOES in fact work as I stated in the sales post. "

How is it working if the whole point of owning a rLink alarm is the tracking feature. Besides, it won't link up to my phone in case someone tempering with the bike, there's no smart siren.

I thought I was pretty fair, but I guess I was asking too much.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
figured he would have chimed in by now to try and defend himself. guess not.

2004 600 RR
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lol, speaking with his attorney? Dude is lying out his azz
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I have not heard directly from him in over a week. The last message about this transaction came from Nathan, "his partner" in the email I posted above.

But he did write me a nice negative feedback but couldn't contact me.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

this is the last private message I've had with him on Jul 17:

Re: r-link
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwangwang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwangwang
Hey. Just seeing if you decided what you want to do.

I'm going to give you the $100 cuz I don't want any issues on here or PayPal. I almost have $100 in my paypal account and I'll send it over as soon as I do. Have a couple items being sold to help me out since money is so tight. Give me til tomorrow and I will send you the money via paypal.

Alright. I'm ok with $100.

I'm trying to work with you, not be difficult. I would have been completely ok with refunding money if I had it, but things have been really tight lately. Which is why I've been selling so many parts, to help pay bills.

I have a few items being sold today that are being paid via paypal so I'm hoping to get most of the money in there today, and whatever is left I will deposit into the account and send it to you.

Again I'm sorry. The alarm worked fine when I took it off the bike so I'm not sure what happened to it but I definitely want you to be able to get one that works, and I'm sorry that this one had issues.

I'll message you tomorrow before I send payment.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Knee Dragger

I don't know anything about this alarm or how it works but the real problem I see is that he agreed to refund $100 as settlement over an obvious dispute then changed his mind. Considering he's stated more than once that he's "tight" on money right now, how is it that he can afford an attorney over a $100 dispute?
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Exactly. That's where it really tick me off. We agreed on a settlement and he backed out. I can understand anyone being tight on money cause I've been there. But this is unacceptable and the negative feedback to me is just childish.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Where ya at clitzy?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Training Wheel Hero

If you can print out those statements from him saying that he would pay you the 100 bucks, it doesnt amount to a pile of beans what his "attorney" said...you have an electronic communication sent from his .net account to your . net account, that constitutes a written agreement. End of arguement. Take him to small claims court - 100 bucks plus court fees, see what his "attorney" says then.
Also check the stickied post at the top of the "Good guy/bad guy" thread....it has some useful info on scammers such as fraud, police info and the sort.
Good luck with it.

Last edited by thebearded1; 08-02-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling errors
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:19 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That is crazy. Obviously he didn't use it for the real purpose of the rlink.. He knew that. No doubt about that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

Micron Delta full system
vortex -1, +2, DID 520 chain
D3 Grips
K&N air filter
8k 55w HID's
LED everything

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I don't see why he removed the pics, it would have worked in his favor to post exactly what he had. Considering rLink is on the newest generation of alarms it would clearly seem that he misrepresented his sale by including rLink in his ad.

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Yeah. I read the sticky and thought about filing a suit since he's only a few hours away from me.

I'm still waiting on PayPal to review the claim and i'm hoping with me showing them that email saying he's going to refund will work in my favor.

To me its like me buying a xm radio and only get AM/FM. Yes i can listen yo music but i cant get XM. whats the point of paying more for something

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

im confused, either the seller didn't put the right/misrepresented model (his fault). but if he did, and you didn't have the forethought to check the model # and features then it is 100% your fault. i'd like to see the original thread before passing judgement, because unless i missed something (completely viable) this sounds like your fault.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwangwang View Post
Yeah. I read the sticky and thought about filing a suit since he's only a few hours away from me.

I'm still waiting on PayPal to review the claim and i'm hoping with me showing them that email saying he's going to refund will work in my favor.

To me its like me buying a xm radio and only get AM/FM. Yes i can listen yo music but i cant get XM. whats the point of paying more for something

but if you bought an xm radio that xm no longer supported, so only am/fm worked you would be the only one to blame
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearded1 View Post
If you can print out those statements from him saying that he would pay you the 100 bucks, it doesnt amount to a pile of beans what his "attorney" said...you have an electronic communication sent from his .net account to your . net account, that constitutes a written agreement. End of arguement. Take him to small claims court - 100 bucks plus court fees, see what his "attorney" says then.
Also check the stickied post at the top of the "Good guy/bad guy" thread....it has some useful info on scammers such as fraud, police info and the sort.
Good luck with it.

+1

If his money is tight over $100 then his so called lawer is a ghost. He doesn't have a lawer, you have proof he was going to give $100 over the issue, so regardless of what information was left out of the sale, you still win because he just made a written contract promissing you $100. Take his @$$ to small claims court if paypal won't side in your favor. Him getting that letter in the mail to appear in court will change his mind.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 PM
BOTM Winner 09/14

Beat him up.. Only solution

The Following User Says Thank You to qteter For This Useful Post:
henry1jg (08-02-2012)
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Did you provide those emails to Paypal? The difficulty in filing small claims suit is properly serving him. You're not allowed to serve him yourself and he has to be personally served.
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakasrtheshiz View Post
im confused, either the seller didn't put the right/misrepresented model (his fault). but if he did, and you didn't have the forethought to check the model # and features then it is 100% your fault. i'd like to see the original thread before passing judgement, because unless i missed something (completely viable) this sounds like your fault.
In the for sale threat he states its in working condition.

Its an Scorpio rlink 1100. Current models are still 1100 series but unless i take the serial number and check with the company, no way i can find out its an outdated model

post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyster1 View Post
Did you provide those emails to Paypal? The difficulty in filing small claims suit is properly serving him. You're not allowed to serve him yourself and he has to be personally served.
I am fully prepared to send paypal the emails as soon as they get back to me.

The next step is the small claim suit. I have no problem driving down to Austin and go to court. It'll just be more than $100 i'll be claiming. It'll be one day of my work pay plus court fees and gas both ways.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Knee Dragger

I'd really like to know how things turn out so keep us updated. I almost purchased from him but luckily held off. Then I saw this thread. Too bad I'm not a civil attorney so can't give legal advice.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Knee Dragger

BTW, have you contacted a mod to see if they can fix the negative feedback he left you?
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I am fully prepared to send paypal the emails as soon as they get back to me.

The next step is the small claim suit. I have no problem driving down to Austin and go to court. It'll just be more than $100 i'll be claiming. It'll be one day of my work pay plus court fees and gas both ways.

You can't claim your loss of wages and gas both ways only your actual damages plus cost of filing the case.

Team Orange
The Following User Says Thank You to jimpaine1 For This Useful Post:
flyingwangwang (08-03-2012)
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyster1 View Post
BTW, have you contacted a mod to see if they can fix the negative feedback he left you?
I did but haven't heard anything yet.

I'll keep the forum posted. I'm hoping for justice but if I get the shaft, at least y'all are more educated when buying an alarm with tracking service.

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaine1 View Post
You can't claim your loss of wages and gas both ways only your actual damages plus cost of filing the case.
Oh well. Thanks for the good info.

post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Modcake with sprinkles

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
I did but haven't heard anything yet.

I'll keep the forum posted. I'm hoping for justice but if I get the shaft, at least y'all are more educated when buying an alarm with tracking service.

I'll take a look at what we can do. And bring it up to the appropriate people

Sent from iPhone motorcycle app.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaine1 View Post
If you win the suit, you can actually ask for it. It's basically a lost day of work for going to court. It'll be up to the judge on what damages to grant. The term "damages" is pretty broad. I only did civil work for a couple years but plaintiffs commonly ask for a broad range of damages and see what is awarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page