Terrible Seller: unglert10 - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Terrible Seller: unglert10

I left a "WTB Rearsets" ad in my forum Signature for a few weeks.

Was subsequently contacted by unglert10 notifying me that he had a pair of Chinese aftermarket rearsets for sale. He sent me pictures and offered me a great deal so I quickly bit and decided to pay him. Immediately there was a problem, he said there was a hold on his paypal account and that he could not send or receive money.

So then I said..."Ok how should we proceed with this.." and he quickly offered a solution by giving me his brother's paypal account and telling me to pay that one. It seemed fishy but the paypal info did seem to indicate that it was actually his brother so I went ahead and sent payment on 07/24/12.

After that I did not hear from him at all. I was patient and waited a full week before messaging him on 07/31/12 asking what the deal was. He immediately responded and gave some excuse about shipping from a hotel and that it would be out immediately.

I continued to worry, but then finally I received the rearsets on 08/03/12.
GOOD right? So I message him telling him that I finally received them and thanked him for the business.

The very next day I get around to start installing them and I realize that there are pieces missing.

1. Brake side pedal tip
2. Shifter side pedal tip
3. Two black 'joint' pieces that fit into both ends of the shifter rod which allow for rotation (I didn't notice these pieces missing until later)

I immediately PM him about the brake and shifter pedal tips on 08/04/12.

Like last time...not response. I go to his username 'homepage' and see that he's actually been online since I messaged him, so he's been avoiding my PM.

I message him a second time with a little harsher tone in my message and he responds saying this:

"that's how i got em, i didn't touch anything or take anything away from them. i guess i never really took the time to inspect em. lookin back on the pics tho it seems like it could be an easy fix"

No sorry or anything, basically just a "screw you figure it out yourself".

At this point I'm just annoyed with the guy, but I'm still willing to figure it out on my end. I go on Ebay and find the same pair of rearsets for sale and contact them about trying to buy my missing pieces only to get the response "Sorry we only sell them as a set and do not sell individual pieces"

Screw China, of course I expected them to say this.

As for the pedal tips, these are a standard replacement part and I've already looked online to see that I can use replacement Woodcraft pedal tips with my rearsets.

But the two joint pieces are unique pieces that I won't be able to find anywhere, so I'm out of luck. I just spent $100 for some rearsets that won't let me brake or shift.

Tell me I'm in the wrong.

Should I dispute this on Paypal?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would definitely try and dispute this, you did not get the item as described, now this may be an ebay protection thing but I would definitely give it a shot. Fuckin people I tell ya!!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
If you signed for the package he wins. Buyer protection only works for ebay purchases. If you didn't sign for them then you can dispute it but only by claiming you didn't receive it. Bad mojo there.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
If you signed for the package he wins. Buyer protection only works for ebay purchases. If you didn't sign for them then you can dispute it but only by claiming you didn't receive it. Bad mojo there.
I charged it through Paypal but I used my credit card, so I would still be able to file a claim.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddjosh View Post
I charged it through Paypal but I used my credit card, so I would still be able to file a claim.
You'd be able to file a claim through the CC company, not a Paypal claim.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
You'd be able to file a claim through the CC company, not a Paypal claim.
I've actually heard that you'll have better luck disputing through your CC. No personal experience to back that up though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

"From the land of Pleasant Living"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
I would try going to a specialty fastener shop, like Fastenal, and try to find something to make it work. There's no way to use the stock rods? Maybe even go see a machinist. I'm sure you can find a way to make them work. Be sure to leave the seller bad feedback for putting you through all of this BS.

You start the game with a full pot of luck and an empty pot of experience. The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.

2010 Leyla
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-treme1 View Post
I would try going to a specialty fastener shop, like Fastenal, and try to find something to make it work. There's no way to use the stock rods? Maybe even go see a machinist. I'm sure you can find a way to make them work. Be sure to leave the seller bad feedback for putting you through all of this BS.
That's honestly a lot more time and money that I'm just really not trying to spend. I would be spending more money to make these USED rearsets workable when I should just get the refund and buy a new set. Won't have to deal with this crap if it's new.

And it seems like the consensus is go through the credit card company, so that's what I'll do.

I messaged him and I'm gonna give him a chance to just fix this by giving me a refund right off the bat. But with his history of non-response we'll see how it is. I'll give him a day or two tops before filing the claim.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you're talking about the heim joints,I've never seen the Chinese rearsets come with a set of them. You have to use the stock joints. As far as the rest of it, I don't know what to tell ya man. Hope that helps a little.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Here's a picture of the pieces that are missing, for clarity.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:30 PM
I LOVE MY BIKE

Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I left a "WTB Rearsets" ad in my forum Signature for a few weeks.

Was subsequently contacted by unglert10 notifying me that he had a pair of Chinese aftermarket rearsets for sale. He sent me pictures and offered me a great deal so I quickly bit and decided to pay him. Immediately there was a problem, he said there was a hold on his paypal account and that he could not send or receive money.

So then I said..."Ok how should we proceed with this.." and he quickly offered a solution by giving me his brother's paypal account and telling me to pay that one. It seemed fishy but the paypal info did seem to indicate that it was actually his brother so I went ahead and sent payment on 07/24/12.

After that I did not hear from him at all. I was patient and waited a full week before messaging him on 07/31/12 asking what the deal was. He immediately responded and gave some excuse about shipping from a hotel and that it would be out immediately.

I continued to worry, but then finally I received the rearsets on 08/03/12.
GOOD right? So I message him telling him that I finally received them and thanked him for the business.

The very next day I get around to start installing them and I realize that there are pieces missing.

1. Brake side pedal tip
2. Shifter side pedal tip
3. Two black 'joint' pieces that fit into both ends of the shifter rod which allow for rotation (I didn't notice these pieces missing until later)

I immediately PM him about the brake and shifter pedal tips on 08/04/12.

Like last time...not response. I go to his username 'homepage' and see that he's actually been online since I messaged him, so he's been avoiding my PM.

I message him a second time with a little harsher tone in my message and he responds saying this:

"that's how i got em, i didn't touch anything or take anything away from them. i guess i never really took the time to inspect em. lookin back on the pics tho it seems like it could be an easy fix"

No sorry or anything, basically just a "screw you figure it out yourself".

At this point I'm just annoyed with the guy, but I'm still willing to figure it out on my end. I go on Ebay and find the same pair of rearsets for sale and contact them about trying to buy my missing pieces only to get the response "Sorry we only sell them as a set and do not sell individual pieces"

Screw China, of course I expected them to say this.

As for the pedal tips, these are a standard replacement part and I've already looked online to see that I can use replacement Woodcraft pedal tips with my rearsets.

But the two joint pieces are unique pieces that I won't be able to find anywhere, so I'm out of luck. I just spent $100 for some rearsets that won't let me brake or shift.

Tell me I'm in the wrong.

Should I dispute this on Paypal?

110%, and you will get your money back a full refund.

also stg sells universal shift rods as does hard racing if I am not mistaken...

Honda CBR600rr 06 road/track
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=287820
^The How To: Inspect a bike for Purchase^
-------------------------------------------------------
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=287064
^My Build/Upgrade Thread^
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/markstewin
^My Facebook^ Live in or Near Windsor Ont. Add me. lets ride.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick600 View Post
110%, and you will get your money back a full refund.
Not if he signed for the package, read the rules. Hopefully the credit card company does the right thing.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Even if you did not buy the item off ebay, paypal will still investigate it if you file a claim. Don't beleive the bs about them going in favor of the seller because you signed for the package.

File a claim and provide info that paypal needs.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

07 civic hybrid-Gas Saver
08 Tahoe LT- Family SUV
05 BMW 745LI- Weekends
07 White/silver CBR600RR-Sold
08 Konica Minolta CBR600RR-Sold :(
07 White/silver CBR600RR-Sold
09 Red/White CBR600rr- DD
Akrapovic and Hyperflo Comparison
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I never "signed" for anything. The package was delivered to my doorstep and I picked it up is all. Anyways so I filed the dispute through my credit card and they have already refunded me the money pending an investigation. The seller still hasn't contacted me, not surprised at all.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
dang bro sorry to hear this.... any update?

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I never "signed" for anything.
Good deal, Paypal would have refunded it also, *if* he head enough money for them to grab in his account. Glad the CC worked.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

No update really. The seller is still ignoring me, not surprised. Credit card is doing they're own thing and they will contact me when they come to a conclusion. Good thing is I got my money back for now. I still have the rearsets too, just waiting to get confirmation from the CC company before I ship them back to him. Then again, maybe I won't.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have had some bad experiances on ebay too where I have had to get a refund, anyways heres how it works..

BUYING THROUGH EBAY

If you paid with paypal through Ebay then you contact Ebay..Unfortunately this process does take a while.

X amount of days you waited patiently before contacting Ebay

7 Days to hear back from seller

3 Days for EBP to come to a conclusion

And that solves buying on ebay PERIOD. YEs you can file a claim on paypal this way but why? Let the people who do that for a living do it lol aka Ebay's Buyer Protection.

BUYING THROUGH PAYPAL (600rr.net Purchases)

This is when you buy from a .net member and things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

Obviousley don't report a problem immediately..thats just a d1ck move and immature, try to work things out but don't let the seller walk on you in the deal either. I'd say give him/her a week tops to work out a solution and begin making progress on that solution. In some rare cases maybe giving him/her longer than a week may be appropriate such as if a family member passed away..

Which brings me to my next tip, if they say they are "Going on Vacation" and will be back in a few days to work out that problem then thats BS. Its your responsibility as a seller to make sure things go smoothly throughout the deal..not get paid and use the payment for drinking money on vacation somewhere. Motorcycle.com has a free app to download to work things out even on the go, with that said so does paypal :)

Moving on, if things still arent worked out in that week then absolutely file a claim on paypal, I wouldnt wait another day.

If a person does not gave enough money in their PayPal to refund you the money then the money gets deducted from their credit card or bank account (whichever is associated with their PayPal account)

If their CC or Bank account doesnt have the money and after a certain time period/contact attemtps, it then gets turned over to collections.

I'm not too sure on how you get your money after it goes to collections, maybe PayPal credits your account..seems like the logical thing to do.

In any case it sucks that this happens, I still remember my disscussion with the admins when I became a new member on the site and didnt like the 2 month waiting period. Unfortunately, those rules/guidelines/credibility requirements wont help against people who just need a quick buck and will screw someone over to get it.

Hope this helps clear up any questions. I opened up a new thread in the good guy/bad guy forum on myself so feel free to drop comments/concernes/advice/appreciation/gradititude or whatever you want. I wanna make sure I don't end up on the "Bad Guy" topic of this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page