Do not deal with the_kingdom - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do not deal with the_kingdom

For anyone selling parts avoid dealing with THE_KINGDOM or don't send anything until you have the full amount.
I got a pm from this guy about my headlights for sale, since I don't have need for them anymore I gave him a good price and said that he can have them for $100.
In the next message he asked me if I can do $100 shipped, knowing that they don't weight that much I agreed, next he sent me a message saying that he sent me $100 and his address, WHICH IS IN CANADA.
Needless to say when he paid through paypal he used the option where I pay the transaction fee. I told him that being that it's out of country it'll matter in shipping price, but he started saying bro it's right over the border and it won't matter but in any case he will cover part of it.
So I sent it to him and the total cost came out to $38. I emailed him again saying that she shipping is $40 and I'm willing to go 50/50 with him but I'm not selling them for $60. And now he starts saying "Bro we agreed on $100 shipped, and the canadian to US dollar rate is too high so now it's adding up" and he said that he won't pay more than $10, when I asked for the $10 he never replied. So I sold my headlights from my 08 in brand new condition for $60.
Sorry I just had to rant. Do not ever deal with that guy.

Last edited by Lean It; 02-26-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Click on the number next to the word feed back score below his screen name and leave him a negative trader feed back that is more of a warning to site members then just a thread

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so why didn't you tell him no deal and refund his money? being out a couple bucks for a paypal fee sure as hell beats being out 40 bucks on shipping

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Good job leaving that feed back smart buyers & sellers should always seek & read trader feed backs before buying or selling transactions

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Because I was sure that he wouldn't mind to pay an extra $20 towards the shipping, and he did mention it earlier in the email.
I'm parting out my mustang and I'm selling a lot of parts off of it, everything is based on trust there, people send me money not ever seeing me before, I charge them just for the part alone and tell them what the shipping comes out to once I send it, this way they pay exactly the shipping price. It works out just fine in communities where people respect each other. Unfortunately in bike world there are a ton douche bags, mixed in with honest people.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean It View Post
For anyone selling parts avoid dealing with THE_KINGDOM or don't send anything until you have the full amount.
I got a pm from this guy about my headlights for sale, since I don't have need for them anymore I gave him a good price and said that he can have them for $100.
In the next message he asked me if I can do $100 shipped, knowing that they don't weight that much I agreed, next he sent me a message saying that he sent me $100 and his address, WHICH IS IN CANADA.
Needless to say when he paid through paypal he used the option where I pay the transaction fee. I told him that being that it's out of country it'll matter in shipping price, but he started saying bro it's right over the border and it won't matter but in any case he will cover part of it.
So I sent it to him and the total cost came out to $38. I emailed him again saying that she shipping is $40 and I'm willing to go 50/50 with him but I'm not selling them for $60. And now he starts saying "Bro we agreed on $100 shipped, and the canadian to US dollar rate is too high so now it's adding up" and he said that he won't pay more than $10, when I asked for the $10 he never replied. So I sold my headlights from my 08 in brand new condition for $60.
Sorry I just had to rant. Do not ever deal with that guy.
This is how I interpret the situation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You both agreed to $100 shipped, then after he paid you realized he was in Canada and it was going to cost more than you thought to ship. When you asked him to pay a portion of shipping cost he said no, that you agreed on $100 shipped.
Again, please correct me if I interpreted the situation wrong. This is just how I am following your original post.

"From the land of Pleasant Living"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Warning, lots of use of the word bro in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Volta For This Useful Post:
Kronos (05-19-2014)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoron View Post
This is how I interpret the situation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You both agreed to $100 shipped, then after he paid you realized he was in Canada and it was going to cost more than you thought to ship. When you asked him to pay a portion of shipping cost he said no, that you agreed on $100 shipped.
Again, please correct me if I interpreted the situation wrong. This is just how I am following your original post.
He said that it won't be much more than within US, but if it is he'll cover part of it.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Volta View Post
Warning, lots of use of the word bro in this thread.
yes I should've known, but for some reason I still thought that he would think rationally and pay half of the shipping, considering I already hooked him up with the price on the headligths
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:53 PM
World Superbike Racer

Sorry but as a seller you have a certain level of responsibility and due diligence required on your part. Don't agree to a situation if you aren't 100% sure of all the details.

Sounds like a case of seller's remorse.

Quote:
yes I should've known, but for some reason I still thought that he would think rationally and pay half of the shipping, considering I already hooked him up with the price on the headligths
Never assume the best out of people, you'll be constantly disappointed.

Last edited by Austicus; 02-26-2014 at 01:58 PM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Sorry, you put yourself in this situation.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:06 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Sorry, you put yourself in this situation.
How? Because he dealt with a prick that knew he should have mentioned he live in Canada and took advantage of the sellers trust. Or the fact that the seller actually had trusted another person.

If you have emails it may be worth bringing it up with PayPal, but not sure how much good it will do. Just another reason you can't trust mankind. Even on here I wouldn't trust anyone.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:22 PM
World Superbike Racer

That's too bad. I can assure you the average Canadian is fairly trust worthy ;)

Your mistake was in not confirming the buyer's location in advance. You can easily estimate shipping online. But the buyer was clearly attempting to slip that past you. You were still within your rights to refund payment and cancel the transaction which is what I would've done in your place. Even online shops make this mistake occasionally. Live and learn.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslo600 View Post
How? Because he dealt with a prick that knew he should have mentioned he live in Canada
Who sells something and agree's to shipping before they know where they are shipping too??

It's common sense.

Don't make assumptions, if you do, don't bitch about it when it doesn't fall in your favor.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austicus View Post
Who sells something and agree's to shipping before they know where they are shipping too??

It's common sense.

Don't make assumptions, if you do, don't bitch about it when it doesn't fall in your favor.

Quoted for truth. Not a good way of doing business.

It doesn't let the buyer off the hook for agreeing to pay a "portion" of shipping cost, however. Not really sure what a "portion" is equal to, since it wasn't established beforehand...

"From the land of Pleasant Living"

Last edited by Baltimoron; 02-26-2014 at 02:32 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:31 PM
World Superbike Racer

Suggested new thread title

"Don't buy from Lean It, he'll try to change the deal when he realizes he made a mistake"

or maybe

"Sellers remorse, someone come cuddle me"

how about

"I'm new to the internet and don't know how to sell things"

perhaps

"$100! Including shipping, until I realize shipping is expensive and ask for mo monies"

I can do this all day.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
How? Because he dealt with a prick that knew he should have mentioned he live in Canada and took advantage of the sellers trust. Or the fact that the seller actually had trusted another person.

Quote:
Even on here I wouldn't trust anyone.
Sounds like you answered your own question. I wouldn't have ended up in this situation.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Needless to say when he paid through paypal he used the option where I pay the transaction fee.
That's how it works, what's your point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page