Egregious interaction with ProphetX - 600RR.net
Good Guy / Bad Guy Talk about your buying & selling experiences with other individuals. Note: Please put all vendor experiences in the correct forum- Vendor feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Egregious interaction with ProphetX

I recently sold a few items from my RR and Gary (Prophetx) expressed interest in purchasing both my rear cowl and the passenger pegs. We switched our conversation from PMs to e-mails and it started pleasantly at first, but quickly went down hill. Below is a link that is a complete accumulation of all communications between myself and Gary. This way, it's not he said/she said, all of it is out in the open for analysis.

http://www.absoluteverve.com/trey/

I'll admit that I said I would ship the package on Tuesday, but due to personal issues, I was unable to. I informed Gary of this and decided to wait until the $20 arrived before actually shipping. The conversations following this led me to be suspicious and I did some research and this is what I've discovered. He has a very obvious repeating past of this type of action.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=45&threadid=1885855
http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17&page=19
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029625720

If I hadn't found these other complaints against him, I probably would have chalked it up to miscommunication and bad luck. It's the repeated pattern that prompted me to bring this to the attention of the people on this forum.

Outline of e-mail communications.

7/3, i give you my addresses so you can decide where you want to pick it up. You inform me on the 4th that you will let me know the next day when you will be coming
7/7 - you inform me that you'd rather me ship them (4 days pass before you decide you would rather me ship them)
7/10 - you inform me that the money order has been mailed (3 days pass before you mail the money order)
7/12 - the tracking # you provided is still not valid
7/13 - you inform me about your friend wanting the pegs
7/13 - i finally get the money order
7/17- you tell me the $20 has been mailed. I decide to wait until the $20 arrives before shipping
7/21- still waiting for the $20, but I mail the package anyway on good faith
7/25 - package signed for at 4:47 pm. I called the post office and they claim the package was delivered to the appropriate address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 07:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I hope you get it all sorted out. I've been scammed twice on this board (items not as promised or malfunctioning). I don't blame the board, just the individuals who scammed me. Now I just stick to ebay, with vendors with hundreds of positive feedback ratings. To many variables to conduct business over a BBS.

"If you can't be a shining example, be a glaring warning."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Right now the loss is at $20. Not that big of a deal...lessoned learned. But I'm hoping to prevent someone else from getting scammed for a larger amount.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks for the update on this CV
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey_loco
I recently sold a few items from my RR and Gary (Prophetx) expressed interest in purchasing both my rear cowl and the passenger pegs. We switched our conversation from PMs to e-mails and it started pleasantly at first, but quickly went down hill. Below is a link that is a complete accumulation of all communications between myself and Gary. This way, it's not he said/she said, all of it is out in the open for analysis.

http://www.absoluteverve.com/trey/

I'll admit that I said I would ship the package on Tuesday, but due to personal issues, I was unable to. I informed Gary of this and decided to wait until the $20 arrived before actually shipping. The conversations following this led me to be suspicious and I did some research and this is what I've discovered. He has a very obvious repeating past of this type of action.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=45&threadid=1885855
http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17&page=19
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029625720

If I hadn't found these other complaints against him, I probably would have chalked it up to miscommunication and bad luck. It's the repeated pattern that prompted me to bring this to the attention of the people on this forum.

Outline of e-mail communications.

7/3, i give you my addresses so you can decide where you want to pick it up. You inform me on the 4th that you will let me know the next day when you will be coming
7/7 - you inform me that you'd rather me ship them (4 days pass before you decide you would rather me ship them)
7/10 - you inform me that the money order has been mailed (3 days pass before you mail the money order)
7/12 - the tracking # you provided is still not valid
7/13 - you inform me about your friend wanting the pegs
7/13 - i finally get the money order
7/17- you tell me the $20 has been mailed. I decide to wait until the $20 arrives before shipping
7/21- still waiting for the $20, but I mail the package anyway on good faith
7/25 - package signed for at 4:47 pm. I called the post office and they claim the package was delivered to the appropriate address

What a way to cover up, you taking 2 weeks to ship out what i have paid for already.

Til now i still have not received what i payed for. Just because you've dug up some dirt, you think you could screw me over.

You should think twice before you act. I have all the proof you need. Don't try to mask your dishonstly by bashing me.

The links you post are stories blown. And i have the police officer in charge to back me.

You've lied to me several times over the course of our whole deal. I was very patient in waiting for you. I just dont like being lied to.

You had the $60 for the rear cowl for almost a week before i told you that i wanted the pegs also. Why didnt you ship then? You also claimed you didnt get the money order. But the tracking shows, they made 1 deliver attempt and left a notice (during this time you claimed to have seen no sign of it) I didnt hear from you for 4 days after you recieved the payment.

Explain yourself....

Im not here ripping anyone off. If i need references i can call my accusers to aid me.

What kind of scammer does that make me?

So dont even try to ruin my stay here at 600rr.net because your trying to hide all of your dishonestly.

I've sent you $80 total. I've recieved nothing!

Unlike on anandtech, i can defend myself here and i intend to. SOB's on that forum ripped me off for close to $2,000 with their false paypal claims.

Im here on this forum as legit as ever, and your trying to bring up that old stuff to hide the fact that you're getting over on me.

If any mods would like to see every email that i'ved recieved and sent to Mr. Richardson Please pm me. I can also scan the reciepts and money order reciept.

Its funny how you pulled this card after i asked for a refund for you not sending me the stuff i bought from you.

You call me a scammer and i've still not recieved anything.

Plainly put in english in your little timeline that you were waiting for the $20 to ship my stuff. So you must have gotten the $20 because you shipped the stuff.

What gives.... explain yourself.

I told you to call me today so that we can conference call the post office. But you refused. You also said you called the post office last night they told you someone signed for the package. What a lie! who signed for it? who did you speak to?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 11:12 PM

Nice, touch with editing the emails.... where are all the quotes at?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I stand by my post and I refuse to debate with you any longer on your antics. I leave this in the capable hands of the moderators to determine the appropriate course of action.

Mods, I leave one other piece of evidence I forgot to include. This is the tracking # for the item shipped as well as the post office annotating the successful delivery of the package.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...55749691641718
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 PM

So, do you still say that someon signed for it or not? thats obviously not my zip code.

(951)304-2448

Any mods reading this please call the number above. Its my local post office. They can tell you that they have not delivered the package.

Plain and simple.

They can also tell you that nobody has signed for anything, like Mr. Richardson has claimed.

Trey.... your lower than those links claim me to be.

PS.... can we get some moderator assistance in here.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Moto GP Racer

I think possibly it is the post office that screwed up. I mean, if either one of you were a scammer I don't think either of you would take the time to explain yourselves in such the way you both do. Now, some people communicate better than others and possibly one of you plain sucks at communication or jumps to conclusions way too quickely without the facts. The post office has screwed me over before and it could of happened to you guys too. I'd imagine his time is worth more than a lousy $20 bucks and a headache to boot! I'm just not convinced yet that this was a scam. I hope you guys work this out so we can all be friends. It's gonna be a long hot summer and we California riders need to get along here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page