Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

where does this ignition wire go???

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Knightslugger 
#1 · (Edited)
to start off i am new to the forums....i had a 2003 f4i for about a year and now have an 2003 cbr 600rr..the thing is i bought it used and it had no brake lights and headlights.... i bought the taillights and plugged them in and since it has valter moto rearsets it doesnt have the rear brake switch(i need to order the pressure switch). i tried the front brake and nothing happened....i then attached the rear switch and pulled on the little piece that sticks out and the brake light came on...the question is this..where does this wire coming from the right clip-on go??...i know its not the ignition..technically its the cut off switch and throttle...the main harness coming off is plugged in but i cant figure out where this split wire goes...the colors are black/yellow and black/green...the plug is a female type plug...any help would be appreciated...figured you guys could just look at your bike and tell me where the wire goes..

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
so the 9 pin connector is plugged into the harness coming from under the fuel tank. it then goes into the cut off switch housing. then this wire comes out..so your saying there is a switch it should plug into that is under the lever? can you take a pic..i dont have anything under my lever...

#8 ·
ok..i see where it is missing now..there is a screw hole and a little notch where it holds it in place...thanks..i appreciate the help..i thought it was a wiring problem..i love forums....this probably wont be the last question i ask but i want to say thanks..now i have to order that switch...case closed...i dont want to waste anymore of your time so you dont have to take a pic..

G
#9 ·
there is an alternative pressure switch you can buy (costs more i think) that's used for aftermarket M/C solutions that doubles as a banjo bolt for the M/C and Steel Braided brake lines.

i think yoyodyne has them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.