Headlight and FI problem - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Headlight and FI problem

yes i know there are other threads related but i cant find MY answer

ok.so last night i took off the nose fairing and this morning tried to start it and the FI wouldn't even prime..i also noticed the headlights are off..i didnt touch any of the relays on the side..fuses are all good..plugs were all in

Now i hear a lot about this BAS and the pain in the a** it seems to be..even though i unpluged the plug behind the gauges, could the sensor still maulfunction?
I want to hot wire the BAS (but then i dont for safety reasons obviously) but i dont want to do it until im sure its that

also tried the "trouble codes" method but i coudl get any blinks..i held it to the red plug and grounded to the subframe

Some help would be nice!

2006 CBR 600RR (Back from the grave) - V. Rossi Repsol Replica by Fullgearcycle - Michelin 2CT (street) - GC Flush mounts - DIY Fender Eliminator - Repsol 4T Synthetic oil - WPS Battery - Yoshi RS-5 - Scotts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

ok i jus wired the green and red/white wire for tha BAS to bypass it but still nothing..so BAS is good

2006 CBR 600RR (Back from the grave) - V. Rossi Repsol Replica by Fullgearcycle - Michelin 2CT (street) - GC Flush mounts - DIY Fender Eliminator - Repsol 4T Synthetic oil - WPS Battery - Yoshi RS-5 - Scotts
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
make sure you gauges are connected and the 2 connectors are connected just under the left (sitting on bike) air duct cover.

My 600RR '06 is work in Progress, here she is...
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76222

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alte22a View Post
make sure you gauges are connected and the 2 connectors are connected just under the left (sitting on bike) air duct cover.
those plugs are connected..still no lights or prime
the 2 little plugs under the front brake lever are in(the ones that come out of the control switch box) cuz i did take those out..the two little ones under the clutch are also in

im really lost!!!!! and frustrated
electrical problems arn't my favorite problems on the bike

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Knightslugger

if ALL you did was remove the upper cowl, it's not the BAS. Check the dash connector, and the Headlight relay as well as the two main connectors on the left side under the air duct.

cick your FI fuse, check your other fuses.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
if ALL you did was remove the upper cowl, it's not the BAS. Check the dash connector, and the Headlight relay as well as the two main connectors on the left side under the air duct.

cick your FI fuse, check your other fuses.
I want to be specific on the cowl..by removing it i ment the head lights, gauges, etc..i basically just removed the 2 bolts on the main frame.

but i did chck all the fuses and they are good. ive been pushing the dash connector as much as i can so im sure its in..still i do REdo it as i will ina minute jus cuz im going crazy

Knightslugger i know you know your things..can u list out some possible things i MAY have done to cause this

and to clarify..where is the headlight relay? i saw one between the headlights..is that it or is there one on the left side?

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

also the two little plugs under the front brake lever...is there a certain plug one must go into or are the both just like grounds? im not sure at all i admit

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Knightslugger

i... ...think... it's behind the headlights... maybe it is on the right ride now that i think about it. hmm.. anyway i don't think it's that. you sure you put your BAS back on correctly? the round end of the sensor is at the bottom, arrow pointing down?

the brake lever lines are just for the brake light switch.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
i... ...think... it's behind the headlights... maybe it is on the right ride now that i think about it. hmm.. anyway i don't think it's that. you sure you put your BAS back on correctly? the round end of the sensor is at the bottom, arrow pointing down?

the brake lever lines are just for the brake light switch.
yes i never even removed it..i just took it all off as one piece so i could adjust my lower trip tree and i put it all back on..the only plugs i pulled was the one behind the gauge as well as the two main connectors to the side..all of those were put back together

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Knightslugger

OK. you should be having a problem then. not at all. i've done that myself many many times. you may want to remove it again, (PITA, i know) and inspect all your harnesses and connectors for loose wires. i think one of them are at fault here.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
OK. you should be having a problem then. not at all. i've done that myself many many times. you may want to remove it again, (PITA, i know) and inspect all your harnesses and connectors for loose wires. i think one of them are at fault here.
*SIGH*
ok ima go take it off again and ill let you know what happnes..ill try to repaeat EXACTLY everything i did last night on it and hopefully find a mess up otherwise ill still be scratchin my head

if its a faulty wire, which ones should i pay attention to?
ill try chckin em for resistance

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Knightslugger

wouldn't bother with that. just be on the look out for loose or missing pins and wires.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

ok so i took it off ..unplugged it all..plugged it back and put it back..i did make progress tho..the third eye light is back on now..still no prime or hi or low beam tho

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Knightslugger

weird. check your fuel pump cut off relay. i've got a hunch.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

which one is that? behind the battery?

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Knightslugger

no, that's the starter relay. the fuel cut off relay is the middle of three relays on the left side of the bike under the mid fairing.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

ok i looked in the worng place..lol..brb

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

alright its plugged in firm..so now i just dunno what to do
i dont see how the center light "just came on"
wish it wud all just "come on!"

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Knightslugger

i STILL think you've got loose wires in the harnesses.

did you test the relay or at least exchange it with a working one?

i'ma pull the wireing diagram. have a look about the fuel cut off.

Last edited by Knightslugger; 06-02-2008 at 10:20 PM.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

ok ima go chck it all again right now

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Knightslugger

pay special attention to the Gray sub harness. the fuel cut off and engine shut down relay are both connected through it. you may have tweeked it a little and damaged a connecter.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
pay special attention to the Gray sub harness. the fuel cut off and engine shut down relay are both connected through it. you may have tweeked it a little and damaged a connecter.
i looked at every connector both ends and saw nothing wrong...
i have a feeling were comin to a dead end...

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Knightslugger

...this is not making sense. if all your relays are working properly, there is nothing preventing from your bike starting.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
...this is not making sense. if all your relays are working properly, there is nothing preventing from your bike starting.
Exatcly thats why im so dam confused! i changed the relay plug and tried it on the ones next to it like you asked and still no prime sound

All i did last night was take the whole front cowl off..then the front wheel with trip tree..slid it back through the frame..put cowl back on..put plugs back on handle bars..then cleaned my chain..im not seeing it anywhere!

then magically the center light comes on but no the beams or prime..dude i dont know..tmrw im gon jus do it all over AGAIN!

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

im still curious if thats the headlight relay in btwn the housing..anyone know?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 PM
BayArea600RR
This message has been deleted by BayArea600RR.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Knightslugger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayArea600RR View Post
im still curious if thats the headlight relay in btwn the housing..anyone know?
yes it is, i'm sure of it now.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

wow dude
problem solved!!!
i knew it had to do with the levers somehow
the four wires that come out of the RUN box on the clutch lever side were unplugged...how? i dunno i didnt touch em..the clip undid itself prob by tension wen i moved the clip on..it was the connection thats right under the tank on the right side

thank god! freakin feel like an idiot tho wen i saw it
thanks for the attemps knightslugger..once again

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Knightslugger

i knew it was something disconnected anyway!

glad you're up and running again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page