Clutch Wouldn't disengage - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch Wouldn't disengage

Hey Guy's

Today I was coming off an off ramp normal as normal. I pulled up behind the vehicle infront of me and stoped. I pulled forward as traffic moved up. When I grabbed the clutch to disengage it. It was locked. I grabed all the brake I could in quick reaction, but it was too late. The motor pushed me right into the back of the vehicle infront of me. Then stoped. I pushed the bike to the side of the road, exchanged info with the driver. Bewildered and a little shaken by the insident. I cheked out the bike for damage. Wasn't bad, fairing poped out of a couple clips, cracked headlamp. a little scratched. Not to bad. I grabbed the clutch it seemed fine now. Started it up. Worked the clutch somemore seemed fine. So i road it down a couple blocks to my destination. No problems.

What should I do. It's a brand new 08 cbr600rr with 2400 miles. Do you think I should lemon the bike in fear of it happening again, or let the manufacturer try to resolve it. Not to mention it will cost me at least a thousand dollers to fix the guys car. Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

P.S. also need new throttle side head lamp
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:05 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Might want to check out your forks while you are at it, unless you are sure they were not the front of impact.

Sounds perplexing to me, not trying to pass the buck on the rider but are you sure you it was not rider error. A muscle spasm or maybe you had the forks turned and gripped the lever wrong? I only ask because this is not a problem I am familiar with.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'd go back to the dealer and b*tch about how their bike could have killed you (if you remember a certain series of audi a6's had a similar problem with being stuck at WOT). Also check the fluid level and master cylinder (i don't quite know but i assume 600rr's are pneumatic assist). If I'm incorrect in that assumption pull the cable out and check the housing for cracks or anything that could have let dirt in.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:46 AM
Pocketbike Racer

call your dealer. not good. what warranty on a new bike like that??

2007 600RR
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:53 AM

it's 1 yr / 12k iirc
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I don't know maybe that cold metal clutch handle I felt against my bare fingers was actually a russian sub trying to infiltrate the U.S. to save the motherland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page