3 relays on the left air duct - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
3 relays on the left air duct

okay i bought a 03rr that was wrecked.. the guy told me he laid it at 10mph. this is my first bike. the guy before me replaced all the fairings on it so it didnt look like it had been wrecked and nothing wrong with it. anyway my headlights where plastic welded together and zip tied, as well as, the speedo. after i took the upper cal and the headlights off. i get to the air ducts, want to leave them off so they do not blow off while im riding. on the left air duct there was 3 relay boxes, i disconnected them to take off the airduct. here is my question do those need to stay connected? or can i leave them disconnected and my bike run fine? my friend told me that you could leave them disconnected, and there not needed.. but i am not sure.. I need help.. What do i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
The relays are there for a reason Honda would have not put them there
if they were useless

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Knightslugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine15RR View Post
okay i bought a 03rr that was wrecked.. the guy told me he laid it at 10mph. this is my first bike. the guy before me replaced all the fairings on it so it didnt look like it had been wrecked and nothing wrong with it. anyway my headlights where plastic welded together and zip tied, as well as, the speedo. after i took the upper cal and the headlights off. i get to the air ducts, want to leave them off so they do not blow off while im riding. on the left air duct there was 3 relay boxes, i disconnected them to take off the airduct. here is my question do those need to stay connected? or can i leave them disconnected and my bike run fine? my friend told me that you could leave them disconnected, and there not needed.. but i am not sure.. I need help.. What do i do?
your friend is a numbskull. I wonder what other bits of knowledge he's got ready for you...

One is a Fuel Cutoff Relay
One is a Engine shut down Relay
One is a Fan Control Relay

All are absolutely necessary to run the engine.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
I just posted the same image for another member relays part # 9

Like K.S suggested if you got a question what ever you do do not ask your buddy
drop by and ask the question we promise to get you the answers

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys i knew they where there for a reason. Another question, is it okay to keep the air ducts off? If so do you have any ideas on how to hide and secure the wires? i am going to put a streetfigher light on for now, till i can save up for a new headlight and new fairings.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Knightslugger

your A:F will be a little askew at speed, but it'll be ok for a little while. wouldn't want too much build-up to occur on valves and what not. as far as the relays... zip tie them to something. the don't need to be vertical or any which way. but they can be fragile so take precautions.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

i just want to say thanks for the replies guys to my questions :) i have an idea do you guys think this would work or be okay.. if i buy a car sponge, cut it to fit the oval hole in the frame where it leads to the air box to keep some of the dirt out, or would the restrict airflow to the engine?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Knightslugger

it wouldn't accomplish anything the air filter wouldn't take care of. i say leave it well enough alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page