bike won't start - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! Bike Just Died

i have a 05 600rr, jardine slip-on,bmc air filter and a power commander.

I installed the correct map to the power commander went for a drive and everything worked fine.

Went out to the garage the next day and tried to start her up and the battery was dead. Put the charger on it and turned it over but no start. I noticed the pcIII had no lights on. I plugged the 9V into the pcIII and it lite up so it must be the wiring? I stripped the bike and checked the wires and everything was hooked up right.

I dissconnected everything and hooked up the stock harness the way it came out and still will not start. i unhooked the battery for a while and tried it again, it doesn't sound like its getting fuel.

Could i have burnt out something in the electrical, or could it be something stupid? I can't understand why it would work fine one day then just die the next.
If anyone has had this problem before how did you resolve it? Please Help!!!!!!

Last edited by kyzaac; 06-10-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Knightslugger

when you switch the ignition on, do you get lights on the dash? are you getting headlights and signal lights? does the tach needle sweep? Does the Neutral indicator come on? does the fuel pump prime itself? when you hit the starter button, does the starter turn the motor and attempt a start?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

yes all lights and signals work, but the fuel pump does not make any noise when i turn the key. the engine turns over normal,but doesn't sound like it wants to start.

I checked the fuses and there all good. any idea what else i could check would be a huge help.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

i found a post about hooking the pc3 up to the wrong injectors. well i hooked it up wrong. im going out now to hook them up right to see if that solves the problem.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

hey nightslugger, i hooked it up right still nothing, my local honda shop said it sounds like the cdi or a bent sensor valve? could this be the problem? i have no idea. the honda shop is known for 'fixing' things that are not broke and charging you out the ass, so there going to be my last resort.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Knightslugger

I don't even know what a sensor valve is...

if the fuel pump isn't working, you're not getting any fuel, so it wont start. start troubleshooting the fuel pump circuit. swap the fuel pump cut off relay with a a known good relay. could be your problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page