Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Tail light help again...

858 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 ·
So I try to go test for my MC licens finally... dead inspection.. break light doesn't work.. Well hell can't get the inspection till the break light works.. can't get the licens untill I get everything else.

I have NO idea when the break light stoped working. We fixed the turn signal issue a few months ago and it worked then! I road behind the bike and saw that.
Since then I have change my levers and took my rearsets off and painted them.

I also have the integrated LED tail light..

At first I was thinking the break light wasn't comming on at all and it was just the running light. But looking at the b/f's 1000rr and mine i'm thinking the break light is on and just not turning off.

I tried taking off the front break lever to see if it was putting pressure on the switch.. no go...
Then I go to the rearsets and unhook the spring for the switch.. again.. no go.. I try pulling the spring by hand and that did nothing as well.

help :( It looks like it's pretty bright and all of the LEDs are lit up so i'm pretty sure the damn break light is just staying on. Am I playing with the wrong thing on the rearset? I'm pretty sure I'm correct? lol the little spring connected to the rear break lever?

See less See more
#3 ·
Check the adjustment of the rear brake lever might be too tight

part # 4 is the adjustment dial

#6 ·
I still think its that dial its turned all the way down which is identical to you putting
your foot on the rear brake pedal at all times spin that dial to loosen up the break
light switch pressure that should stop the tail light from being on constantly
i hope this makes sense if not let me know and will go from there

The other issue might be a defective brake light switch

#8 ·
Nah man i am an RR addict :wave: and enjoy helping others :five:
that fulfills my karma bank :icon_lol:

#9 ·
I think you actually responded before I finished typing it....lol thanks for all your help I feel the same way man, I got a speedo healer from someone on the site for buying him lunch( acually ride with him now, good guy ) and got a brand new track suit from devo for 300 shipped so I feel like I owe some favors as well. Im off work for a month with a shoulder injury(previous football, then mototcycle accident) accute ac fracture and a possible slap tear to my labrem...anyway Im bored so if you need help with any research or anything let me know, lol....take care thanks again for your help with the site its an awesome thing

#10 ·
Ouch man sorry to read about your shoulder physical therapy does wonders
so stick with that and take it serious come therapy time :five:

Devo is a great guy and you got a sweet deal on that suit that is what its
all about within this RR family of ours helping each other out regardless of
what the rewards might be hooking each other up with great deals or even
a simple kind word really makes it special to be part of this family :wav:

#12 ·
Its all good man so what if u made a mistake you were man enough
to admit it and apologize so that is in the past :five: lets work
together to keep the RR ship sailing :shakehand:rocker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.