Power loss and wont start!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power loss and wont start!!

Hey guys I've been doin a lot of looking around on this site seeing what I can find and found a few things that might help but I have a 04 600RR that after riding for bout an hr or two will lose a lot of power and when I get on the gas it will cut out and then go again, very jerky!! Once this happens if I shut off my bike I have to let it sit for bout 30 min. to an hr before it will start up again. I thought it could be because it got too hot but I watched the temp and it never goes above 220

I read that some other people were having similiar problems and they needed to run injector cleaner through the tank which I have done and I will admit it does seem to be running a lot better (hope its not just in my head). Anyway has anyone had this same problem or know how to fix it cuz I wanna go on some long trips this summer but scared to if my bike wont run good for over an hr!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Knightslugger

hmm... check your tank breather hose, make sure it's not pinched off anywhere.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
as soon as I get a free night here sometime this week I will be sure to check that! I seen a lot of people talk about that also, is that something that can just get pinched over time?? not sure how that just happens??

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Knightslugger

if you did any work that involves rotating the tank up, it can get pinched easilly, however it is a breather, and is pointed directly at the ground near the kickstand (for what reason, i don't know) so it could very well be plugged up with road shi t or chain goo...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page