Battery Problems??? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Battery Problems???

Okay first of it is a 2007 Honda CBR600rr with 2300 miles and i believe it is the original battery. A few days ago my bike wouldn't start. Battery was dead.
I jumped it with my four wheeler battery and it was fine for a day or two. It then went dead again. I researched forums here and figured i had a bad r/r I tested that and tested the stator VIA my 07 manual and it checked out great. (i did not check resistance the 3 yellow wires because i do not know how to set my multi meter to do this) I did check the voltage at 5,000rpm and it increases the voltage. I can ride the bike and i know it charges the battery up because it can be barely starting the bike in the morning but then ride it and stop for a few. (4 hours at work) then go to lunch and it will be all charged and start fine. I took the battery out and it does some really strange stuff on my charger. (will barely start the bike but be at full charge after only 5 min on a charge at 1amp) so i took it in and got it load tested and it put out 200+ CCA. So something is draining the battery OR i have a bad battery. Please shed some light. Thanks.

P.S. I do have a scorpio alarm but had it since the bike was new and never had problems before. sorry for the long post just trying to be as descriptive as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Knightslugger

oh boy. that was very descriptive, thank you for the tid-bit on the scorpio alarm... unfortunately for you when it comes to alarm systems, i bug out. I don't like them because they cause a plethora of problems, including killing off batteries like your case.

who did the alarm install? you may want to go over your connections to be sure, but my feeling on the matter is pointed directly at the alarm. you may need to tend your battery daily because of it. big pain in the ass, i know... but you wanted the alarm...

see why i hate them?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i did the alarm install myself so i know all connections are secure. I think what i will do at this point is disconnect the alarm completely and see if that fixes the problem. I don't arm it right now any way because of the battery issue. But i installed the alarm at 800 mi and it was fine up until now if that is the problem. My test will tell me for sure.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Knightslugger

batteries take time to whittle down...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page