maybe a faring stay? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
maybe a faring stay?

Long story short; I wrecked my bike. Now the handle bar hits the windscreen faring when i turn hard left. the suspension seems to be ok, and i didnt notice any bends in the tubes.
what could this be?
also i am reinstalling the farings because i took them off for paint, and they don't seem to be lining up correctly. i am guessing this has something to do with the bent what ever. i did notice that some metal thing is slightly cracked. it connects directly to the downtube and has 4 bolts, which have metal tabs covering them so that you can't unscrew them. i will post pics if needed.

any help would be greatly appreciated. and maybe a link to a video showing how to reinstall the top and mid farings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Training Wheel Hero

The fairing stay is directly behind the cluster itself and right below that is the air intake tube 07-08 model any ways

05 current
07 stolen
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

I was looking at microfische and found what i was talking about. CLICK HERE
find the number 25, and look directly below it. the part that is cracked is not actually the frame, but the piece that attaches to the frame. i am still thinking that the crack is not the reason for the handle bars hitting the windscreen because you can barely see it, and it's not really pulling on anything.
is the piece that connects part of the faring stay for this bike or is that piece something else?
can you actually bend a faring stay?
any other ideas?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

another find. HERE
the part that is cracked is part of the air intake duct. it is the very back piece that connects to the frame (made of metal).
i really don't think this would mess with the handle bars.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Training Wheel Hero

the fairing stay on my bike shattered and also got really tweeked, so it is very possible that its bent but it can only bend so far mind you. that piece that goes on the nose of the frame may not be removable but i might be wrong when i go home tonight ill check it out that duct is not made of metal
That duct is also plastic and it can tweek the rest of the front end a little bit for the reason that it is what holds the fairing stay up too

05 current
07 stolen
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

i erased what was written here

Last edited by BowlinBob; 07-10-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: erase this message
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM
ox.
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
that fairing stays are cheap aluminum and yes they bend and will affect id the brake res hits the plastic. what year is your bike? It bolts on just get a new one or try to bend it back.

stock shifter for sale 30.
F4I sick innovations subframe cage for sale 100 obo.
right and left rearsets and shifter 110.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox. View Post
that fairing stays are cheap aluminum and yes they bend and will affect id the brake res hits the plastic. what year is your bike? It bolts on just get a new one or try to bend it back.
i have an 08.
upon closer inspection..... when i drive the bike the wheel is straight when the bars are not. if you look at the posts where the forks come through the triple tree they are not level when the wheel is pointed ahead. any idea? a local shop said they might be able to put it on a rack and straighten it back up.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:24 PM
ox.
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you were talking about hte plastic before and now your talking about the frame being tweaked. if the frame is tweaked your done. the stress you have to put into it to bend it back will tear the aluminum apart. if it was a steel frame thats different they can bend those back.

stock shifter for sale 30.
F4I sick innovations subframe cage for sale 100 obo.
right and left rearsets and shifter 110.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox. View Post
you were talking about hte plastic before and now your talking about the frame being tweaked. if the frame is tweaked your done. the stress you have to put into it to bend it back will tear the aluminum apart. if it was a steel frame thats different they can bend those back.
eh. im not really sure what i am talking about now. i got them close to normal when i unscrewed the stem bolt and turned hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page