Breaking up...... - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
07 Carbon Fiber King

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Breaking up......

First off I have a 07 600rr with a PCIII, straight exhaust and just over 7K. Never been in for anything. I just noticed it this morning. I was in 6th gear at like 3.5-4k and when I went to give it gas it started bucking and sputtering. I was just crusing and a car turned out from in front of me so instead of down shifting it just gave it WOT. This is the second time I have noticed it. It was still cold somewhat 120ish? any input will help

Thanks

Brian

07 CBR 600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you are saying that this happened with your bike at 120F and not warmed up yet, there is your problem. If you have been in the habit of not warming your bike properly and doing those things, your plugs can meet an early retirement. I would check the plugs if that happens again.

Try to warm your bike up to 170F before hitting it like that. Don't even put it in gear until it is at 120F....better habit to get into.

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

"The proper gear can make the last guy finish first!"

"I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on Ebay."

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Knightslugger

James, you'd shoot me if i told you what i do in the mornings.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Yeah, I basically wait until the temp registers, then I'm off; usually 97F, but jumps to 110+ in a matter of seconds. Obviously, it's an ignition/fueling issue. My hunch is it might be PC3 related, but that's the only thing I can say based on the limited information, especially since it's only doing it in 6th gear.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"It´s not easier to ride, but I don´t need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Knightslugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Yeah, I basically wait until the temp registers, then I'm off; usually 97F, but jumps to 110+ in a matter of seconds. Obviously, it's an ignition/fueling issue. My hunch is it might be PC3 related, but that's the only thing I can say based on the limited information, especially since it's only doing it in 6th gear.
i don't even do that. I walk my bike out, shut the door, get on, close my lid, turn the bike on, start it, and go when the oil light goes out.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowr/t View Post
First off I have a 07 600rr with a PCIII, straight exhaust and just over 7K. Never been in for anything. I just noticed it this morning. I was in 6th gear at like 3.5-4k and when I went to give it gas it started bucking and sputtering. I was just crusing and a car turned out from in front of me so instead of down shifting it just gave it WOT. This is the second time I have noticed it. It was still cold somewhat 120ish? any input will help

Thanks

Brian
How fast were you going? You are a little low in the Rev's for my taste that might be what is causing the bike to not accelerate right away. I have had this happen to me before as well. It was cause I was too low in the RPM. The best power delivery happens after 7k. Try not to shift into 6th unless your going to be revving at least 5-6k?

Take your bike out on the highway shift into 6th, and let the rpm's drop then try and accelerate you will see what I mean. It will be slower than dogsh!t at first, but then once it gets into the powerband it will move just fine.

You're not really suppose to be in 6th gear, riding along at 40mph. I dunno why you would if this is the case?

08 Graffiti (Soon To Be White/Black)
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
Freestyle Ingenuity Stunt Cage (For Now)
Hot Bodies Flush Mounts (Smoked)
Turn Signal Mirrors
V1 Radar Detector…. A Dream Come True

600RR Mods On Hold

My Official 50Stunt Build Coming This Year!
For Sale OEM Mirrors (Left and Right)
Must buy Both

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Knightslugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTroupe View Post
How fast were you going? You are a little low in the Rev's for my taste that might be what is causing the bike to not accelerate right away. I have had this happen to me before as well. It was cause I was too low in the RPM. The best power delivery happens after 7k. Try not to shift into 6th unless your going to be revving at least 5-6k?

Take your bike out on the highway shift into 6th, and let the rpm's drop then try and accelerate you will see what I mean. It will be slower than dogsh!t at first, but then once it gets into the powerband it will move just fine.

You're not really suppose to be in 6th gear, riding along at 40mph. I dunno why you would if this is the case?
you can be in any gear you want, so long as when you twist the throttle it doesn't stall. that said, going to WOT in 6th gear in a half second is not the way to accelerate in that high a gear. You should be mindful of how much acceleration you want out of the amount of throttle you're giving, and be in the right gear to deliver it. i cruise around town all day long in 6th gear. 30 mph? 6th gear. 50 MPH? 6th gear.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

You didnt put a lower grade gas in by accident did you?

"what you do when you come into a turn to fast and are not going to make it? The answer is turn" - Ed Bargy
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Knightslugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh42581 View Post
You didnt put a lower grade gas in by accident did you?
lower than what? 85 PON? i don't think any is available.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
I would say probably gave it to much gas does this happen in other gears as well
or not ?

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
World Superbike Racer

so u dont have any sort of pipe on it?? just headers or what?? that can do damage over time

"I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life to Arrive Safely At Death"
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
07 Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
I would say probably gave it to much gas does this happen in other gears as well
or not ?
Nah I figured that was what it was but wasnt sure. This is the second time I have noticed it. Didnt know the life of the plugs and if they were on there way out or what.

07 CBR 600RR
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
07 Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu-Pac View Post
so u dont have any sort of pipe on it?? just headers or what?? that can do damage over time
Just a slash cut out the bottom of the under belly. No baffle. Im about to go back stock though. The noise is getting old.

07 CBR 600RR
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Back in the Day

Quote:
Nah I figured that was what it was but wasnt sure. This is the second time I have noticed it. Didnt know the life of the plugs and if they were on there way out or what.
Before you go and spend money on the plugs ( they ain't cheap )
test the bike out various gears , speeds & Rpms and take notes i
sold my 03 RR with 42k miles and still had the original spark plugs :icon_lol:

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 07-13-2008 at 02:55 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:22 PM

PC3R Problem.

I went through 4 on my ZX12....similar thing but WORSE...much worse. Long story short, I took the PC off and probably will never get another
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Back in the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor View Post
PC3R Problem.

I went through 4 on my ZX12....similar thing but WORSE...much worse. Long story short, I took the PC off and probably will never get another
I know what you mean i had the same issues with my 03 RR
almost got wacked from the rear couple of time on the highway
no more PCIII on my bikes

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:53 PM
bcc

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Just a slash cut out the bottom of the under belly. No baffle. Im about to go back stock though. The noise is getting old.

say it aint so .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page