Bike shifting Problems - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bike shifting Problems

Ever since I first rode the bike this spring it has been shifting funny. It never had this problem last year at all, but who know it could be just coincidence. Anyway, when I'm riding down the highway or whatever, in 6th gear, I can still shift upwards. It does not give me neutral, it just lets the shifter move up instead of locking me out. It still feels like shifting normally almost, its not just the little play that you always have. It sucks because its hard to tell now when I'm really in 6th gear.

More recently it has been doing it on the other end, like I can shift down past 1st. Its super annoying.

Both of the problems don't happen all the time, just some. Then today I was riding it and I just got stuck in 2nd gear. The shifter would move up like normal but it wouldn't actually pull out of the gear.

I've checked the linkage and stuff and everything seems tight. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:23 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Try a different oil.

"what you do when you come into a turn to fast and are not going to make it? The answer is turn" - Ed Bargy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Any reason why you think that? I dunno, if the clutch was slipping or something I could see that, but it seems like more of a mechanical issue.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I've kinda had the same thing happen. shifting form 1st to 2nd or 2nd 3rd somthings it just "kicks" out of gear and end up in N. I have a tendance when coming to a stop just holding the clutch in and staying in 1st. the one time I say screw it and put it in N it did the same thing and jammed. I wasn't able to put it in first at all and was able to put it in 2nd. My next service im going to take it in unless anyone has heard of the same type of problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page