ticking noise - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ticking noise

i have an 03 600rr with 6000 miles. it has a laser dual slip on that i just wraped with exhaust wrap from the headers all the way back to the silencer. i rode the bike for a couple of hours and everything was fine besides a little smoke from the wrap which i'm told is normal. a few hours later i started the bike up and i could hear a quiet ticking noise that gets louder as my rpm's increases but then disappears after i reach about 5000 rpm's. any ideas? could it have anything to do with the amount of torque on the header bolts? i also started it up a few days later and a mouse ran off the bike and down my leg. i checked around the bike and couldnt find any traces of more mice or a possible nest. i checked the air filter and it looks mint.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Could the wrap have drowned out some exhaust sound so now you are just hearing the injectors more so? It's just a guess and that would be your best case scenario....other than it just being your clutch lever rattling.

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

"The proper gear can make the last guy finish first!"

"I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on Ebay."

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

is it normal for my injectors to make noise. it sounds like the noise is coming from the headers

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Mine does the exact same thing I believe it to be the valve lifters and some noise from them at lower RPM I believe is fairly normal (nothing to worry about). The first valve service for the 03 bike I believe is 16k miles.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks For Your Help
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Alright, Well I went to the Honda dealership and talked to the service manager about this ticking sound, which I was conviced that there was something wrong. But he says that it is perfectly normal. Just the bike finishing breaking in. It may just happen one day out of nowhere or happen over time. It may just be the right outdoor conditions ( temp. outside, temp. of engine, ect.) MAYBE 1 out of 20 bikes with the ticking sound has a problem but it would also have other noises with it (clunking or rattling) He says it is loud and annoying but prefectly normal. I have talked to this man before and used him for other advice which has been sound, and all others I have asked on this subjuct agree with him. Ticking is just part of a cbr's personality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page