turn signals keep going out - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
turn signals keep going out

hey guys here it goes...

2006 600rr

Problem:
One day i was using my turn signal and notice the left indicator light ging weak..from weak it went to not comin on at all (along with all the left lights obviously). After a while the right wouldnt come on which i found out was because of the blown fuse for it. Changed the fuse and it just repeated again so it must be a short somewhere.

What i tried so far:
Changed the fuse which didnt work because it keep getting blown.
I pressed the rear turn signal indicator plugs on the left side where it comes out the side and the left would then work if i pressed it in a certain way..The plugs are securely in so i dont see why it did that.

ideas why the fuse is getting blown?
The wiring appears ok to me. Could the relay cause this because its faulty?

Also, not sure if this may be a cause because of heat, but my Front turn signals are mounted on the radiator for now because i dont have my upper cowl yet

Thanks

2006 CBR 600RR (Back from the grave) - V. Rossi Repsol Replica by Fullgearcycle - Michelin 2CT (street) - GC Flush mounts - DIY Fender Eliminator - Repsol 4T Synthetic oil - WPS Battery - Yoshi RS-5 - Scotts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds like you have an intermittent short somewhere. Check the wiring for any cuts in the insulation or any melting that exposes the wire to the frame. Did you install the lights yourself? Do you have resistors in there that could be shorted?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfrancisco712 View Post
Sounds like you have an intermittent short somewhere. Check the wiring for any cuts in the insulation or any melting that exposes the wire to the frame. Did you install the lights yourself? Do you have resistors in there that could be shorted?
I bought the bike with the lights.
But that was over a year ago. I have a feeling it may be melting to the frame somewhere. ill have a look

2006 CBR 600RR (Back from the grave) - V. Rossi Repsol Replica by Fullgearcycle - Michelin 2CT (street) - GC Flush mounts - DIY Fender Eliminator - Repsol 4T Synthetic oil - WPS Battery - Yoshi RS-5 - Scotts

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

ok so i chcked it out and the wires look fine. Took it for a ride yesterday and the lights worked fine until the temp got to normal running temp..bout 180 then thats wen the left light started acting up..turned the bike off and as the engine cooled the light was fine..until i rode again then it went out then the right side went out about 15 mins after the left because of a blown fuse

Could it be because i put the flush mount signals up front on the radiator?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page