Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CCT? replaced but still making noise!! did i install right?
I have a 2003, 600rr, it has about 15k miles, been using 5-40 synthetic rotella last 10k, recently had oil changed 300 miles ago.
The problem Ive noticed? upon deceleration (only)... around 3500-7500 RPM's i hear this noise that almost sounds like the brake pads are rubbing, kind of like a "shhhhhhh_____________shhhhhhh__________shhhhhhhh_ ________shhhhhhh".
If i pull in the clutch, the bike makes no noise.... if i hit the brakes the noise continues. While the bike is in neutral i can rev through the whole RPM range with no noise.
I figure from reading on here, it would be the CCT, right? well i replaced it with a brand new stock unit... it now seems to make slightly less noise, but its still there.... can it take a while for the CCT to tighen up? did i miss a step?
Install procedure was as followed:
1. remove old CCT, by removing 2 screews popped right out.
2. Remove the bolt behind the old CCT, (not sure what its really for).
3. Install new CCT, screw in both bolts tightly.
4. Remove little pin behind the CCT(The pin that holds the CCT from popping out), which causes the CCT to expand and open up.
5. Put the bolt on the new CCT that came off the Old CCT.
Thats pretty much it? did i miss something?