AMA Supersport Racer
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Detroit (Downriver)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
1. The battery has been load tested so im going to assume that its okay in theroy ( but if you keep recharging it since it has been tested it may just be a surface charge your getting if you have a dead cell)
2. Who was the guy wiring your bike. If you don't know you need to start digging, you wouldn't believe how people make "repairs" ive seen stuff you couldn't imagine come through the dealer when I was there.
3. start simple, if you dont see anything obvious, ( scoring(heat marks or burnt wires), check the resistors for sure, they burn up easily espically with the undertail exhaust, just check all the mods that have been done, if nothing looks to suspicious..
4. All that out of the way and verified now I would assume you may have a draw on the system( something still pulling volts with the bike off ) or something in the charging system isn't working properly
5. At that point if you don't know what your doing, ask a friend for help or I can help you as much as possible, ill be honest I never had this issue with my 04 600rr but I have done some work to my friends 636 ( ELETRICAL NIGHTMARE)
anyway I hope this helps a little bit, and I hope this wasn't too mr obvious but you said you didn't know much, this is where I would start, goodluck hit the thread back if you got more details Ill do what I can for a .net bro
also if anyone is reading this and I said something wrong, I always stand corrected were all here for the same reason....
Last edited by 0hFouRR600; 08-07-2008 at 12:41 AM.