Idle problems!! HELP! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Idle problems!! HELP!

Just recently bought a used 06 CBR 600rr. Haven't had any problems up until now. The local shops charge 100$ an hour and I cant justify paying that price if i can fix it myself. Now the problem is the idle. Whether in neutral or 1 or 2 or gearing down at a stop sign or set of lights as soon as its down around 1000 to 2000 rpm it dies and the red light comes on. I have not touched the idle adjustment on the side but did check it out and its seized or wont turn at all (is the screw inside too tight?) Anyways thought id give this a shot and see if you guys can help me out. There are 12K on the bike. Just recently i did wash my chain and re lube it but such an action shouldn't have an effect on the idle... Also if the problem requires taking off the tank is it difficult or getting to where the idle adjustment attaches inside... I just want to ride! Thanks guys for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you need to turn the idle screw hard. it may seem like it's seized, but it's not- it just requires a very hard turn because it's made not to move with the wind/vibration that comes from riding. keep trying to turn it- it should turn until your idle returns back to normal. make sure your clutch freeplay is within spec as well (3/8-13/16").

2004 Honda CBR600RR
-Spiegler SS lines f+r
-Woodcraft rearsets
-Woodcraft Clip-Ons
-GPR Steering Damper
-Vesrah RJL brake pads
-Elka 3-Way Shock
-CRG gold levers
-Leo Vince Full Exhaust
-PCIII
-green painted rims
-puig d-bubble screen
-Pro-impact Frame sliders
-EK MVXZ 520 green chain w/ Pit bull sprockets (-1/+1)
- .9 kg/mm constant-rate fork springs +re-valving
-Tanktredz
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

hey gofast, i tried that but it wont seem to give, the screw is as tight as anything and im affraid of stripping it, i have the tank cover off right now and trying to go in from the top but not sure what i need to take off in order to get to the other end of the adjuster. Help! Are there any microfiche for that area?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bike Bandit has the assembly view for the adjuster and throttle bodies - Knightslugger my have the service manual page for this one too
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Knightslugger

i do but i can't post it right this minute, it'll have to wait.

you're going to have to lift the tank up and out unless you've got a 8 y/o chinese girl handy. don't force anything, if it starts to free spin with little pressure... it's broken and you just bought yourself a new adjuster.

This doesn't have a pipe or PCIII on it does it? No mods? Basically stock?

Last edited by Knightslugger; 08-18-2008 at 03:20 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks guys, its all fixed... those stealerships are something tho, charged me 40 bucks for nothing for maybe a quick look at the bike then said it would cost 200$ to get the fairings off... so i tooker home and fiddle with it myself and all it was was the adjuster, (liittle did i know) you have to hold the little black peice then turn the adjuster... a the mechanic couldnt even figure that one out... he needs the boot! Anyways im back and riding so thanks for your quick help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page