Ive got a few questions Id like answered If possible - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Ive got a few questions Id like answered If possible

Sorry, Ive got a 2005.

1. This may sound dumb but when my fuel gauge starts to blink, how many miles do I have till Im out? Also, I usually fill up when my light blinks and It takes about 3 gallons. I can usually go about 110 miles before the light blinks. Is this normal? Am I getting average mileage?

2. I was wondering what I could do about removing the "3rd eye". I just dont think it needs to be there, or if possible, make it just as bright as the head lights. Do they make a block off plate?

3. How accurate is the speedo at high speeds? How fast are these bikes going?

Last edited by Edge X 600; 08-29-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Demented

1) There's no real way to know, other then riding your bike until it stops and record how far you went from the time it started flashing to being completely out of gas. Sometimes the reserve light will flash before or after it should.

2) You can just pull it out, or just unplug it and leave it in place.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 02:10 AM

First of all.... when you address any issue with your bike please identify it. Different years have different parts. The third eye is in different locations on different years.

As far as the gas goes when your light starts to blink you should have approximately .92 or about 1 gallon of gas. Depending on how you drive it is possible to get 35-45 miles to a gallon.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge X 600 View Post
Sorry, Ive got a 2005.

1. This may sound dumb but when my fuel gauge starts to blink, how many miles do I have till Im out? Also, I usually fill up when my light blinks and It takes about 3 gallons. I can usually go about 110 miles before the light blinks. Is this normal? Am I getting average mileage?

2. I was wondering what I could do about removing the "3rd eye". I just dont think it needs to be there, or if possible, make it just as bright as the head lights. Do they make a block off plate?

3. How accurate is the speedo at high speeds? How fast are these bikes going?

1. Fuel Tank Capacity - 18 litres (including 3.5-litre LCD-indicator reserve)
36 + mpg tells me you are in the normal range.
2. Remove it if you want - HID it if you want - do what you like with it...
3. Is your bike standard? They all do a real 150+mph - I don't know what your definition of high speed is but if you add subtract 10% to whatever the speedo says its probably close. Only easy way to check is GPS.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Speedo is usually -5%, knock a tooth out of the rear sproket and it's just about nuts on...have we been buzzing the local backroads....(grin)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
You could remove the bulb from the third eye if you want or you can see the site vendor Tripage for a custom-3-LED third eye. I have one that is pure white, it runs about the same as the 6k HIDS.

The speedo will be about 5% off if you are stock, give or take a bit for tire circumference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page