hey - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hey

What does a slipping clutch feel like? I think my clutch is slipping. It grabs alomst all the way at the end of the throw but when I ride it feel fine. Seems like it is but im not sure. Is there any way to tell? bike has 3600 miles on it ( low i know ) but it was used on three track days ( so said ) So i dont think its the clutch slipping. but like I said the throw is off and when i hit it sometimes it kinda slows down but the engine is revving. Could old oil be the problem? I know what a slipping clutch feels like but what I'm not sure of is if it IS a slipping clutch. maybe just an adjustment? hmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how much slack is in the clutch cable? can you fit a nickel between the clutch lever and the perch? id say just loosen the adjustment up a bit and see what it does. also if it was a slipping clutch it would probably rev and not go anyway when u got on it hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page