Brake won't bleed... - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Brake won't bleed...

Howdy all
Tried searching but came up with nothing.

Installed new Galfer lines front to back. Problem is that the left front caliper won't bleed. MC and right front both bled through as they should and are ready to go. But I cannot get my brake lever to hardly budge to bleed the left front caliper, that was before AND after I ended up bleeding the MC and right front.

Any one have any solutions that would be great. Only thing I can say for sure is that if there is any blockage its where the two banjo's bolt to the MC. Since no fluid comes out of the left front brake line.

Thanks again everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If U can get a syringe and some tubing, try to bleed the brakes again from the bleeder valves at the brake caliper...U would then be pushing the air up and out of the MC...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortayack View Post
If U can get a syringe and some tubing, try to bleed the brakes again from the bleeder valves at the brake caliper...U would then be pushing the air up and out of the MC...
Thanks cortayack

The thought had crossed my mind about going backwards just was not sure if that was a smart thing to do or not, and since I don't have the proper tools to do that.
Have you had or heard of similar experiences with this type of brake mod getting halted in this manner?
Thanks again for your help

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Has anybody else had any experiences such as this when it came to bleeding new brake lines?
Any extra help would be great since I am anxiously wanting to ride and get a feel for this new upgrade once the damn thing bleeds for once....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMcK View Post
Thanks cortayack

The thought had crossed my mind about going backwards just was not sure if that was a smart thing to do or not, and since I don't have the proper tools to do that.
Have you had or heard of similar experiences with this type of brake mod getting halted in this manner?
Thanks again for your help

U well not have any problems, bleeding the brakes... Its eazier because you are actually pushing the air forcefully up the brake line and out the MC(the lid is off)...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 AM

For my back brake i took the caliper off & held it above the mc so that any air in the line would go / get to the caliper.
As it's only a couple of bolts for the front, thats what I'd do just to make sure.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Just to clarify with my brake line problem.
I am unable to get ANY fluid into and through my left line. It's as if there is some sort of blockage somewhere in the line itself. The MC banjo bolt appears to be clear after troubleshooting
Thanks again for the help guys.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Demented

Try blowing through the line to see if there is a blockage or not. I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea to put one end into a bottle of water, so just use some break fluid and blow through the other side and see if it bubbles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page