Scorpio Sri-900 problems 07 600RR - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scorpio Sri-900 problems 07 600RR

Hello All,

To those who have the scorpio sri-900 alarm system

I have a situation where my brand new sr-i900 alarm is not working like its supposed to

I installed the MCM unit under the seat of 07 cbr600RR (next to the battery with a small slope area), the RFID antenna is under the rear seat. I also got the factory harness and the left/right signals are connected - the orange cable on the harness however I left it open

The perimeter sensor is on the battery and everything plugged in and powered.

The problems:
1. The alarm does not auto arms itself when the FOB is away or unarms itself when the ignition is on anf the FOB is near. I have to manual/arm disarm

2. The permiter senor is turned on on the FOB but when I press button 2 and save - it does not save the settings, because when I go back intot he menu it displays off. The Perimeter icon does not display on the main screen of the FOB too. Plus the permitere sensor does not work even when I turn it on. I tried to adjust the settings but nada

3. The shock and the tilt does not work. When the alarms is armed and I bump it - nothing. I can even start the bike with the alarm activated and nothing. I chenge the setting from 1-5 and nothing.

Am I missing some thing BIG? Is the orange wire on the factory harness some how the culprit?

How do I fix this? Please help

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
BOTM 09/08

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have the same alarm and the factory connector kit had an incorrect plug for the 'orange' (taillight +) and 'black' (ground -) wires, so you have to splice those in using either those T-tap connectors or cutting and soldering (recommended). I'm pretty sure thats your problem since the taillight + is how the alarm knows when your ignition is ON/OFF.

Another thing is your understanding of how the alarm works is incorrect. Basically it works like this. When your ignition is OFF, after a few seconds, it will arm itself. This happens regardless if your alarm receiver is near or far from the RFID antenna. It disarms only when you turn your key to the ignition ON position.

However, just because it arms itself automatically when you turn your bike to the OFF position, if your alarm receiver is in RFID range, nothing will trigger your alarm. The perimeter sensor will be disabled, as well as the shock/tilt sensors. Basically the bike is armed, but it knows you're near so it wont set off the alarm. In order to truly test the alarm, you need to arm it, then move the alarm receiver out of RFID range. Then the perimeter sensor, tilt/shock sensors will work as expected.

But yea, check your connections first, I know for sure it will not work if you only connected the left/right turn signal plugs.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Really Appreciate your response Asimo, my alarm understanding was deifnilty flawed

Couple of more Qs:

1. The tail light connector has Brwn/white, Black/yellow and Solid black or solid brown - I cannot tell. Is the solid wire +ve

2. Is there any issue with the MCM module at an angle placed under the rider seat.

3. And how do I really test the alarm with the FOB away. The bike is in the garage and the entire house has the signal. Can the battery of the FOB be removed?

THanks

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The RFID only reaches about 5-10 feet.. So just leave the FOB in another room and walk around your bike.

08 CBR600RR Red/Black
Akrapovik Slip-On
Scorpio SR-i900R
1000RR Mirrors w/Signals
Proton Flushmounts
CNR Shorty Levers
Shogun Crash Kit
eGay FE Kit
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Gotcha - any word on the colors of taillight +ve

1. Brn/white
2. Blk/yel
3. Solid blk or solid brwn

Thanks
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Pocketbike Racer

My factory harness works perfectly, I didnt have to change anything.

08 CBR600RR Red/Black
Akrapovik Slip-On
Scorpio SR-i900R
1000RR Mirrors w/Signals
Proton Flushmounts
CNR Shorty Levers
Shogun Crash Kit
eGay FE Kit
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I had Hon-7 given to me for an 07 600RR

Do you also have HON-7?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Yeh I think it was the HON-7.

08 CBR600RR Red/Black
Akrapovik Slip-On
Scorpio SR-i900R
1000RR Mirrors w/Signals
Proton Flushmounts
CNR Shorty Levers
Shogun Crash Kit
eGay FE Kit
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

The system works now. The orange had to be connected. Everything was fine with out the orange but the the alarm will not disarm when the bike ignition was on.

Turns out the orange had to be spliced to the tail light +ve which is how the MCM know the bike has started. Once hooked everything worked just fine

The Hon-7 in my case did not have the connector for the tail light but the t-connector type

Thanks again
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Knee Dragger

sorry to resurect an old thread, but I have a question on my 900 if anyone feels like chiming in.

I park in a metro area during the work day. now its located about 3 feet from the lot security guard so Im really not that worried about daytime theft but here is my dilemma.

My office is actually out of rage for the remote and when I go back to my bike at lunch or at the end of the day the bike doesn't recognize that I am approaching. in fact today I walked allt the way up to the bike and put my key in the ignition and the remote still wasnt showing the "FM Icon" in the upper left corner.

anyone?

08 Graffiti...Sleeper.

"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" - Tony Stark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page