Help: Horn and turnsignals / brake light (when applied) not working. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Exclamation Help: Horn and turnsignals / brake light (when applied) not working.

As my bike near completion (after I just started it today, for the first time after the new exhaust, powdercoated parts, oils, radiator, etc) I noticed that my rear turn signals do not work. After, I pressed the horn, and it does not honk anymore.

Also- the rear brake light lights up as normal, but when any of the brakes are applied, It does not get brighter.

All the fuses are good... but I am thinking maybe It could be because the headlight and third eye bulbs are not in? I am really baffled. As soon as I can fix this, I am set to go ahead and ride again. :icon_lol:

Any help is appreciated. Especially from... that...knight guy. Hes good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Knightslugger

99% sure it's the fuse. check it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I checked the fuses on the stator side. They all looked fine to me, especially the horn and signals.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Knightslugger

interesting... that fuse controls all those functions... and since it none of them work... hmm. You've gone over your connections for the tail lights and horn? check the connector for the line that runs from the fuse to the battery, it could have come loose.

it's not the headlight or 3rd eye, it's not part of that system.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Yeah, I checked around. I plugged in the headlights today... and thirdeye/lowbeam work, but not the highbeam.

ill double check for a loose connection, visually- everything looked normal. I jiggled what i could see though.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Knightslugger

if you've got the service manual, take a look at the wiring diagram. follow the line from fuse B and check the connections at every stop starting from the battery.

also, the high beam has a relay all to itself. i don't suppose you took a digger recently, or took off the upper fairing?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Yeah, actually all my fairings are off at the moment. Also; I do have a manual. I did look at the wiring diagram about the headlight relay (right on the front of the bike) I switched it with an old one, and everything still seemed the same. I even checked if the right bulb was bad- (I hooked up the lowbeam to it) and it lit up. I really appreciate all the follow through help.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Knightslugger

hmm, well, like i told ya, figure out the signals by following the voltage.

as for the high beam, follow that voltage too. make sure that the relay works and is actuating. i know you said it's no different with the new one, so follow that back as well. when you find 0 VDC, you've found your problem.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

thread from the dead! :p

I still have this problem. My bike is in full running order, and now to pass inspection, i really need to find out why my highbeam horn / rear turn signals (fronts not plugged in) / brake light (dosent get brigher when brakes are applied) are not working. I checked the fuses quickly, and they all look fine. My low beam works.. and my guages are perfect, along with my third eye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page