iwin taillight does not work - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
iwin taillight does not work

well 4 emails later still nothing. its begining to feel like the wait i had to get it.
so now i have a tail light that doesnt work right and a bike that i cant take out cause the tail light doesnt work and no reply from iwin. iwin if your listening work on customer service, reply to your emails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Knee Dragger

Damn that sucks! I have a jneer now but wanted to go with a iwin...now im not too sure anymore.

Good luck

IN TUNE CYCLES
Sun Valley, CA
818-768-9026
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

is it not working at all cause I just installed mine and one of the wires came undone and just fixed it and is good now.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have an iwin tailight and will be going on my third. The first one worked good for a while, then the resistor in the control moduel shorted out and caught fire. Great light. My second one never worked, but I received it after I wrecked my bike so it wasn't too big of deal. So now I am waiting on the third one to get here. Hopefuly this one will work. But the customer service for me has been good. They keep sending them no questions asked. When it works it is a great tailight
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

the wire is broke on the inside of the unit, you move it around and it goes on and off. off more than on now. and well 4 emails now and not a single response. i have emailed from here and his website. still nothing. i just want one that works like it should.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Knee Dragger

DAMN, Why do I see this now... I should be getting mine in soon.
Hopefully it all works out well, sorry for your loss.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07mugensi View Post
I have an iwin tailight and will be going on my third. The first one worked good for a while, then the resistor in the control moduel shorted out and caught fire. Great light. My second one never worked, but I received it after I wrecked my bike so it wasn't too big of deal. So now I am waiting on the third one to get here. Hopefuly this one will work. But the customer service for me has been good. They keep sending them no questions asked. When it works it is a great tailight
did you email or call them???
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM

On the first one I e-mailed them, then he actually called me on a sunday afternoon. Then he sent the second one. Then I e-mailed and everytime they responded.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07mugensi View Post
On the first one I e-mailed them, then he actually called me on a sunday afternoon. Then he sent the second one. Then I e-mailed and everytime they responded.
well i wish he would respond to my emails, i also left my phone number and still nothing.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Well I hope everything works out. good luck
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When did ya order yours? I ordered mine Aug. 20th... I'm hoping mine gets here soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyGR6RR View Post
DAMN, Why do I see this now... I should be getting mine in soon.
Hopefully it all works out well, sorry for your loss.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

well i got my email when i got home last night, they said this
Hello,Please call me at #########. We'll be happy to help you out with tail light. We are a bit behind on emails. Thank you,Jamison-iWin Moto. I called today no answer left a message. just got the call from them , seemed very nice on the phone and said they would send me out a new one.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by areax View Post
When did ya order yours? I ordered mine Aug. 20th... I'm hoping mine gets here soon..
if u ordered it aug 20th u will see it november oct 20th by the way things are going

'08 Red CBR600rr
-LP no cut sliders, spools
-Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
-Cut Yosh Slip
-Tripage FE
-Tripage Blue Krazy Eyes
-6000k DDM HID's
-Puig DB Light Smoked
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Knee Dragger

yep, still waiting on mine, ordered it in late august.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Knee Dragger

yeah.. for real.. ive been let down about 3-4 times on delivery dates.. like.. "It'll be there in 2 weeks, It'll be there by the end of the week, It'll be shipped in 2-3 days.. gets kind of old... but I do have to admit, whenever I do get a response.. they act pretty respectful and such.. minus the unreliable delivery date.. :sad11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bAG View Post
if u ordered it aug 20th u will see it november oct 20th by the way things are going
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I hate reading things like this. I ordered mine on Aug. 15th. Also been told "It will be sent out in two weeks" etc etc. And nothing yet. If I get this light and it doesn't work or catches fire, he's gonna wish that he never sold me the damn thing. I'm not waiting over a month for something I paid $125 for then having it not work. I understand that the guy is ridiculously busy, but something has to be done about this terrible back order. c'mon.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 10:17 PM

dude......

you get what you pay for. if you pay 125 dollars for a light, thats the quality you will get.

YOU BUY CHEAP YOU BUY TWICE.

buy from tripage.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by keganaraujo View Post
dude......

you get what you pay for. if you pay 125 dollars for a light, thats the quality you will get.

YOU BUY CHEAP YOU BUY TWICE.

buy from tripage.
In my opinion, $125 is a lot of money. I don't just throw that away on anything. And for the materials used and the relatively low-level technology used in these lights? $125 is still making a hell of a profit from manufacturer cost.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Knee Dragger

i agree, considering total cost of the LED's and board is no more than 10 bucks at wholesale. the housing might cost him 20 at most.. he's still making a good 100% profit.

2010 Acura TL
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 PM

he is still making a a huge profit on these lights. ya you pay a little more for a tripage light, but you get a whole lot more. when was the last time you read that a light from him failed? i dont mean to be jockin him or anything but....COME ON

common sense man. stop buying crappy stuff from iwin. someone on this thread has already been through 3 lights. wow...thats not awesome

thanks
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
getting my money back asap, going with tripage asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by superRR View Post
i'm just good with anything that involves balls
2008 CBR600RR Sunfire Orange Custom

Cirtem's Endo Stall is the $#!T !!!
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Iwin came onto the scene as an " alternative " to the J'Neer light. He showed up with a product that cost $50 to $75 less depending on when you ordered, with brighter lights and programable brake lights. And to top it off he came here with promises of one uping Josh at J'neer and flaming him on his poor customer service. The first few people got there lights and posted pics of an awsome light. So all of us " suckers " went flocking to him, cash in hand and said one please. Now Jamison realized he bit off more than he can chew and got bombared with orders. It doesn't make us cheap or idiots for doing so. He has a great product and if we all got all light in 7 - 10 days we would be raving for him. But we have to accept that he vastly underestimated the amount of oreders he did and, well looks like a douchebag for flaming Josh at J'Neer when he went down the same road. All we can do now is either get a refund and quit our bitching but warn others about him. Or wait here with our thumbs up our a$$es and wait for the light. For some it'll be worth it, for some it won't. All we can do is accept that Jamison wrote checks that his mouth couldn't cash.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Knee Dragger

honestly, if he had given us an ETA on shipment that was 30 days from order, i wouldn't have complained. Its the constant promise of delivery that pissed me off when he couldn't meet them.

I can't say anything on his product, but its priced perfectly and he doesn't seem to want to rip us off charging 200 for a tail light which can't cost more than 40 bucks to manufacture and ship.

2010 Acura TL
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:07 PM

We recognize and apologize for the lack of customer service.. We are a team of two and since receiving the parts we've been working day and night to complete all orders.

This entire issue stems an unreliable contractor. We've been relaying false promises from the false promises they have been giving us. We have in the last three weeks ordered parts and set up shop from here. We now have control over electronics and we are confident in our efforts to eliminate this back order within the next week or two. EVERYBODY will have their item shipped within the next two weeks. And those who have been waiting for over a month; within the next week.

Keeping up with the forums has been close to impossible as we even have difficulties staying up to date with avalanches of emails coming in every single day regarding the back order. We've relayed so many false promises that we believe the only way to resolve everything is to work day and night until everybody who ordered has a tail light installed on their bike.

As for comments regarding us running a scam, we have NEVER denied anyone a refund they requested. We have worked out all concerns in the past and we aim to do so with everybody in the future. We aim to make things right with everyone.

We recognize many of our mistake and we aim to fix these. One of our major faults was not keeping an overstock, something we aim to do now that we have set up shop here. We are also in the the process of negotiating with a legit contract electronics manufacturer and history will not repeat. Again we apologize for everything, we are doing our best with very limited resources and trying to control the chaos with affirmative action and 12 to 16 hour shifts.

We are confident that once everybody has received their light, and that some of the dust has settled, people will be satisfied with their tail lights as have many in the past. We are simply motorcycle enthusiasts that went into business for the first time and learned what not to do. We could probably write a book on it.

We know it is probably too much to ask but any support on the forum is very much appreciated and we thank those who have been there for us. We could not have done any of this without 600rr.net

Our best,
-iWin
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM

Regarding the faulty tail lights: we've since come up with a new generation that fixes this problem. 95% of the past lights we have sent have worked perfect but some of them have had issues with a resistor overheating. We've since replaced most of all the defective lights and we are confident in the new generation.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Knee Dragger

are the late August purchasers going to get the newer generation or old generation?

2010 Acura TL
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 PM

Everyone is getting new generation tail lights. We've just tested our new circuit here by leaving the brake light on for 4 hours. The resistor was simply warm to the touch.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Any ideas on when the next gen light are going to start being sent? I ordered 08/22

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Training Wheel Hero

ordered mine 8/28...cant wait for the light!
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 PM

If you haven't received a light yet.. you're getting a new gen.. the entire back order will be the new light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page