Hesitant Throttle Response - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Hesitant Throttle Response

I have a problem with my 05 600rr that has been there for the past 3 months. When I throw back on the throttle quickly it revs up to about 12 thousand rpms then bobs and hesitates back down and maintains around 8 thousands. Seems like it wants to accelerate but won''t. If I up shift it will speed up for that gear but will still maintain around 8 thousand. Honda dealer told be it was the throttle position sensor. I ordered another throttle body assembly off ebay and replaced it but it still gives me the same problem. either the part i ordered doesn''t work, or the Honda mechanics are idiots. I don''t want to get it fixed at a dealer because they said it would cost 1400 dollars to fix. can someone help?

Also, spark plugs and air filter are fine. and i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the fuel pump. i know it just a wrong mixture of fuel/air because my friend sprayed to flammable stuff into the air intake as i was revving it and when he did it responded perfectly..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

only mechanical/engine mods is a jardine slip-on.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Demented

Check the flow rate of your fuel pump. This problem has been popping up a lot lately in 05-06's and the fuel pump has been the culprit.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

ok, how do i go about checking that? i know that it works and everything cuz i took it out but how do i check the rate and know what the rate should be?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Demented

Disconnect the fuel line form the fuel rail. Turn the ignition on for 10 seconds and let the fuel flow into a container that can measure fluid. Should be at a minimum of 6.4fl.oz for that 10 seconds.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Get rid of the pipe and try your stock one again. Also, has the weather changed drastically where you are??
It sounds like something is telling your engine that it's hitting the redline rev limiter prematurely, instead of the usual 15-16,000 though it "redlines" at 12 and kicks back down which does indicate throttle sensor or some type of timing sensor. Also, have you had it mapped?? Does it have a power commander??? if yes, get rid of that too and go back to stock.

"All men die, not all men live"-Braveheart
2007 600 rr Blue/Silver 2006 600 rr Red/Black
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I'll look into that, however i don't think it turns on for ten seconds when you initially flip it to the "on" position before starting it. i think its like 3-5. unless that is, you mean holding the ignition for 10 seconds...... which might make more sense however i'm not the worlds most mechanically inclined person when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Don't have the stock pipe available anymore, and at the time the problem started, there was no drastic change in weather. i have been living in alabama for 3 months before the problem started and before that was hawaii. (AL has more humidity...) and the TPS is bolted down to the throttle body assembly in a way that you cannot screw it off or remove it. (got some weird circle lookin screws/bolts/stuff on it.) No power cdr and it has not been mapped.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Demented

The fuel pump should be on for 10 seconds or so. I'm just going by the service manual.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

i was thinking about it being a electric/computer problem, but i'm not sure. one thing i forgot to mention.. it seems like when i first start the bike and rev it up it works fine.. however one the motor gets warmed up then thats when the problem starts.. what do you make of that?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Demented

I still think it's a fuel pump issue. The same exact thing has happened to at least 15 other 2005-2006 600rr's in the past 2 months.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Thanks Demented. now that i think of it, it does make more sense to be a fuel related problem. i'm also thinkin maybe clogged fuel injectors, because when i cleaned out the fuel filter, it too was filthy, so maybe its not spraying alot at those high rpms. thanks again
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Demented

That could be a problem. Pull them and see if they're dirty, and clean them if you need to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page