BikeLitez FE tag light not working... - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BikeLitez FE tag light not working...

When I picked my bike up, me and the owner noticed the led tag lights were flickering as it idled warming up. He said he'd never noticed it doing that before (FE was installed at the dealer, which is several hours south of me or I'd take it to them lol). The LEDs have power going to them. I mean it's just a 2 wire setup, red power, black ground.. red is hot going all the way up to the bulbs... why would they not be lighting up? The ground seems to be secure as it is coming off the same ground as the taillight - which is working fine.
I did notice while pulling things apart this green wire is cut in half. Pretty clean cut that was, to me, done on purpose. Wouldn't think this has anything to do with the tag light not working...
Could the three little LEDs on the tag just be bad??? Seems kind of odd to me.
Here you can see the small red&black going to the tag light assembly, I did take the assembly apart and go as far as I could with the tester. Theres a coating on the actual ends of the bulbs so I can't go all the way to the connection without cutting that coating off...

and here's the mystery green wire, IF somebody cut it on purpose, would've been nice to tape it up at least.. but why would it be cut??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My LEDs on my taglight started to flicker and then they just stopped working all together, Its from road vibration...I'm guessing. A new 10$ Taglight fixed my problem!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thoses green wires were the grounds for the old stock turn signals. now that you have the BikeLitez signals, those wires are pretty useless. as for the flickering, sounds like a loose connection to me.

i used to have that setup on my bike. at least until the new florida law killed them. how i miss that look!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page