Cutting out??? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Cutting out???

so I just got a new bike and I was letting it warm up today I notice that if I blip the throttle it seems to cut out for maybe a half an rpm or so then go back to revving as normal. I raised the idling speed to just over 1.5k and it didn't do that. It has velocity stacks and a K&N air filter. Any ideas? Oh 1/4 turn throttle but I don't that has anything to do with since it changes when I change the rpm's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Red View Post
so I just got a new bike and I was letting it warm up today I notice that if I blip the throttle it seems to cut out for maybe a half an rpm or so then go back to revving as normal. I raised the idling speed to just over 1.5k and it didn't do that. It has velocity stacks and a K&N air filter. Any ideas? Oh 1/4 turn throttle but I don't that has anything to do with since it changes when I change the rpm's.

You say it was while you were letting it warm up--was it just starting to warm up, or was it already over 100 degrees?

Both my Honda and my kawasaki do that when i first start the bikes up. Once they get past the 100 degree mark its fine.

I forget what the manual says for the idle speed, but I thought it was at 12 or 1300 RPM. boosting it to 1500 wont do anything bad, but you might want to clean out the injectors and check the plugs.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Your bike is normal let it warm up on its own once its at the optimum temp
the idle will adjust itself all on its own

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If your not happy with the Fuel Injection.. since you have mod. your V-Stacks and filter, you may want to consider a Power Comander, to clean up the throttle abruptness.

It may help not just what you are refering to but through out the RPM's.

And down the road as you do more mods.. ie (System or Slip-on) you can always change the map or dyno tune it to get the most power.

Just an option.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page