Rattling front end - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rattling front end

I've noticed rattling in the front end of my bike. It gets louder at like 4k-7k but only in that range I can hear it. That isn't really important since I've narrowed it down to what it is and was just looking for a fix.

It turns out it's the middle light (on an 07) that is making the noise. If I reach over the bike and hold it, the sound will stop. So my question is, what can I put in there or do to make it tight again and stop the rattling?

Note: I put on a zero gravity windscreen too, the only thing I think might be causing such a thing.

Thanks for any help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Demented

Some rubber or silicon sealant will work.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Wow fast reply. I was looking at some stuff like that when I was getting my car fixed. I just dont want to shoot anything permanent down there thats going to really stick and be there for good. Just some Lowes stuff would be ok?

I just saw your signature too... I wish I could go to that trackday but I ordered new gear and it won't be here till after then. I'm in Gainesville and have wanted to go to Jennings for a while... Do they rent stuff there or anything like that?? Sorry off topic...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyncka View Post
I've noticed rattling in the front end of my bike. It gets louder at like 4k-7k but only in that range I can hear it. That isn't really important since I've narrowed it down to what it is and was just looking for a fix.

It turns out it's the middle light (on an 07) that is making the noise. If I reach over the bike and hold it, the sound will stop. So my question is, what can I put in there or do to make it tight again and stop the rattling?

Note: I put on a zero gravity windscreen too, the only thing I think might be causing such a thing.

Thanks for any help!!

It is th new windscren, or should I say the lack of the stock windscreen,, go look at your stock one,, you will notice a spunge like material glued to the underside neer the light you are talking about,, I bet if you put the same sort of thing on your aftermarket windscreen in the same spot the problem will go away
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyncka View Post
Wow fast reply. I was looking at some stuff like that when I was getting my car fixed. I just dont want to shoot anything permanent down there thats going to really stick and be there for good. Just some Lowes stuff would be ok?

I just saw your signature too... I wish I could go to that trackday but I ordered new gear and it won't be here till after then. I'm in Gainesville and have wanted to go to Jennings for a while... Do they rent stuff there or anything like that?? Sorry off topic...
Silicon sealant wont be permanent. Lowes or even walmart would have stuff that would work.
There's some other easy fixes to it, but I can't name them off the top of my head.

Jennings rents gear.
$50 for leather, $10 for gloves, $20 for boots. Saturday just filled up though so the only open day left is Friday.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

What demented said will work too, but might be more messy,, I suggest try my method first and if it doesn't work,, then go the silicon route
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Yes, I know exactly what youre talking about. I'll go check it out now. Good call with that.

Thanks guys!

This place is great, I dont know what people used to do before these forums...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tec crx View Post
What demented said will work too, but might be more messy,, I suggest try my method first and if it doesn't work,, then go the silicon route
I'm not sure the foam pad comes off easily. That would be the better way to go though.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I'm not sure the foam pad comes off easily. That would be the better way to go though.
It probably doesn't come off too easy, but weather stripping for house hold or even automotive doors might be a good substitute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page