Test My Ecm - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Test My Ecm

I have been in a constant battle with my 03 600rr. To make a long story short it stopped working in Oct 08 and has been down ever since. Fuel pump doesn't prime and doesn't start. I have narrowed it down to the ECM because everything else checks out.

Is there anyone that lives in the Windsor, Chatham, London area of Ontario who has a 03-06 600rr and be willing to test my ECMs with their bike.

I'm not sure what else I can do since the Honda dealer told me there is no way to test the ECM unless you just drop them in a bike that is known to work.

I am at my wits end with this bike and would be eternally grateful for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OK, So just an update on the bike. I have replaced two parts and still nothing. I purchased a used ECM and wire harness and still the bike doesn’t start. The bike just doesn’t prime and doesn’t start.

I checked what exactly happens with a 1000rr at the fuel cut off relay. As per the 1000rr when the key is turned to ‘ON’ two relays instantly energize. The engine stop and fuel cut off relay. After 3 seconds the fuel cut off relay de-energizes. Right when the key is turned to ‘ON’ (at the fuel cut off relay) a brief surge of voltage (approx 7v as per voltmeter) comes from the ECM, and the other 2 wires show and stay at battery voltage. The brief 7v from the ECM goes to 0v after the relay energizes and the fuel pump primes for 3 seconds. After the 3 seconds the fuel pump wire goes to 0v the ECM wire jumps to 12v and the other 2 wires stay at battery voltage (relay de-energizes).

On my 600rr when the key is turned to ‘ON’ the engine cut off relay energizes but not the fuel cut off relay. Every wire except for the fuel pump gets and stays at battery voltage.

Is this a clear indication that both ECMs are broken? I unfortunately have no way of testing to see if either of the ECMs work. Or is it something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page