CBR 600RR 2005 Throttle Problem - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CBR 600RR 2005 Throttle Problem

Hi, I've just bought a 600RR 2005, this motor basically is good, no crash damage, and the engine is healthy. But I have problems with throttle, I hope you guys can give me advise how to solve this problem. When I run my cbr, feels nothing wrong, I just put it idle in 6000 or 7000 rpm, but suddenly when I want to accelerate (with full open throttle), it can't accelerate at all in fact it will deaccelerate, the rpm will decrease. But if I pull the throttle slowly it can run until 14000 rpm. Is there something wrong with my cbr?

My motor milege are 6000, also the idle rpm is not stable, up and down. My motor is factory standard, no accesories/modification added.(still planning for modification). Another info about my bike, mine is EURO version (maybe, because previous owner said so), the color is Red silver with blue stripping.

Thx for your help bro..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image021.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	10146  

Last edited by lonerider; 02-20-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: add some information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

can someone help me pleasseeee....
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:30 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you have to add throttle slowly... the motor sounds rich. However... you have stock exhaust so nothing should have been messed with.

Try this... Have someone on another bike ride with you and do the throttle thing. Let us know if you see black smoke out of the exhaust. Not a lot but a correct fuel mixture should have no smoke. Let us know.

Ride hard today, Ride harder tomorrow,!
Walk close to Christ today, Walk closer tomorrow

How to fix headlights... Dreamzboy's excellent write-up
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=138034

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
If you have to add throttle slowly... the motor sounds rich. However... you have stock exhaust so nothing should have been messed with.

Try this... Have someone on another bike ride with you and do the throttle thing. Let us know if you see black smoke out of the exhaust. Not a lot but a correct fuel mixture should have no smoke. Let us know.
Thx 4 your help bro, I'll asked my friend to see the smoke out of the exhaust, I'll inform you later.

thx again bro
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Other things it could be is a bad fuel filter, bad air filter, pinched fuel line. Check those as well.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Hi..all.. sorry bout my reply, I had busy months, so I can't repaired my bike. I have done all those thing you guys recomended. I've change the Oil, oil filter, air filter with K&N, also I've changed the exhaust into Yoshimura Full System, and a new set of spark plugs. I've cleaned the fuel system with injector cleaner and add the injection cleaner into the gas tank. But the problem still there. Is there anything I should do? because I'm so tired with this bike. Is adding a power commandr will eliminate this problem? or should I changed the ECU?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Also, I want to add some informatin, when I open the injector, in this bike there are 8 injectors right? the upper and the lower. The lower is used for lower rpm, and the upper will work above 5500rpm. but when I pull the throttle above 5500rpm, the upper won't work, only the lower works. Is this caused my bike's problem? how to fix this?

thank you 4 your help
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
World Superbike Racer

I can't say for sure but the uppers work above a certain RPM and throttle position.

Meaning if your bike's in N and you just hold the throttle open enough to get say 9K RPM, You're still at like 5% throttle to do that in N. I think you have to be like 30% throttle or something like that for the upper injectors to operate.

If you get a PC and get a custom tune, If there's a problem, they would know.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
I can't say for sure but the uppers work above a certain RPM and throttle position.

Meaning if your bike's in N and you just hold the throttle open enough to get say 9K RPM, You're still at like 5% throttle to do that in N. I think you have to be like 30% throttle or something like that for the upper injectors to operate.

If you get a PC and get a custom tune, If there's a problem, they would know.
Could you tell me how to use pc? the softwares, the cables?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM
World Superbike Racer

A PC is pretty simple. It just plugs into the factory wiring and then you should get a custom map. That will smooth out any bad spots in the fuel mixture.

However... with the severity of the problem... a PC might really be a bandaid instead of the real fix. You may have a clogged fuel injector which would lean out more as you open the throttle further.

The suggestion of the PC and custom tune is that the shop tuning the bike should notice if there's a clogged injector or even one malfunctioning. Then be able to tell you which one it is. It might even be a fuel pump problem. The only way a bike would decelerate when opening the throttle is a really lean or rich fuel mixture. I would think more likely lean cause anything clogged would lean it out.

I'm just trying to think of the easiest and cheapest way to fix your problem. First... check the air filter. make sure it's clean. Then, if you want the easiest way... take it to a shop and have the fuel injectors cleaned and if that doesn't fix it... have them do a fuel pump test. With all of that confirmed to be functioning properly... I guess then get the PC and re-map. That should clean up any varibles in the fuel system.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

thx for the help, I will ask the mechanic to check what you've suggested, about the shop which had a full computer examination, in my city, there isn't a single shop cold be able to do that. As you know, I live in Surabaya city, Indonesia, having a bike like this is considered a very very expensive hobby, so not more than 150 sport bikes in my city. Maybe I can get a shop like that in Jakarta, capital of Idonesia, but that will be my last option as you said. Thx I'll do it ASAP.
Thank You
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
World Superbike Racer

Good luck man.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
check:
1. fuel
2. air
3. spark

(try to have a honda tech diagnose it if you can't figure it out yourself, it'll be cheaper than replacing a bunch of stuff you don't need)

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

:icon_lol::icon_lol: SOLVED :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thx to Dcope17.

The problem was on the upper fuel injector. That didn't work, all the fuel system is normal, but the injectors seems to clogged, I use injector cleaner, and worked.

this forum is very useful especially for newbie like Iam.

Thx all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page