Bike won't start - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bike won't start

2003 600rr. Stock besides new clutch and brake levers.

It sat for about a Month and a Half (covered the whole time). It had almost a full tank of gas which I feel might be part of the problem (totally forgot to empty it). My dad started it up two days ago and it ran for a couple of minutes. I don't believe it was warmed up yet, but he tried revving it a little bit and said it stuttered a bit. He revved it again and then it died and hasn't comeback to life since. I charged the battery and everything seems in good order. Bike turns over just wont start. It seems like it wants to every now and again.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Old gas probably is not helping but make sure the battery is fully charged. Hold the throttle full open and crank away until it starts. Once it does let it warm up and slowly feed in the throttle to clear out the exhaust.

Brendan
'03 Red/ Black 600RR (Track)
'06 Silver/Grey GSXR 1000 (Street)
http://www.southwestsportbikes.net
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^ yea... do what he said.

Ride hard today, Ride harder tomorrow,!
Walk close to Christ today, Walk closer tomorrow

How to fix headlights... Dreamzboy's excellent write-up
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=138034

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Training Wheel Hero

mine is doing the same thing. i might have had just a little gas in the tank. i filled it up with some fresh 93 octane. the bike started but sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders. i gave it some throttle and it revved to about 5k and then i shut if off after about 2 minutes.

it seemed like the problem was getting worse, cause the next time i tried to start it, it just cranked and acted like it wanted to start but just wouldn't fire up. i changed the plugs and still nothing. battery is just a few days old but seems to be getting week from me cranking on it. i've let is sit thinking i may have flooded it. the FI light comes on when the fuel pump first primes but then goes away. i'm at a loss. i've checked and rechecked all my work not to mention read just about every "no start" thread on this forum.

cliff notes: got fuel, got spark... still no start.

edit: 2006 600RR

2006 600RR white on pink!

2004 R1 stretched 240, PM wheels, ohlins damper, ohlins rear shock ohlins front internals, galfer front and rear rotors, lazer xtreme quad pipes, pc3, HID, sato rear sets, heli bars, crg shorty levers, iridium db, custom paint
:wav:

Last edited by 5ivelug_ek; 04-15-2009 at 09:52 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You have fuel, you have spark. How about air?? Check your air filter to make sure it isn't all clogged up. Has the bike been sitting for a while?

Brendan
'03 Red/ Black 600RR (Track)
'06 Silver/Grey GSXR 1000 (Street)
http://www.southwestsportbikes.net
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You sure the fuel pump is working? A month and a half isnt really "old" fuel. Fuel filter clogged maybe?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Training Wheel Hero

well the tank was sitting outside because it was really smelling up my garage. so it got rained on once or twice. the lid was closed and i dumped all the gas out i could before i put the new gas in. but i could still hear some sloshing around in the tank while i was putting the tank back in. the air filter is clean and oem. i don't have any mods except the slip on.
i opened up the fuel line to the secondary injectors and there was a great deal of fuel pressure. i also put a volt meter on the injectors to make sure they were firing. all seems well.

2006 600RR white on pink!

2004 R1 stretched 240, PM wheels, ohlins damper, ohlins rear shock ohlins front internals, galfer front and rear rotors, lazer xtreme quad pipes, pc3, HID, sato rear sets, heli bars, crg shorty levers, iridium db, custom paint
:wav:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page