FI and Oil light on - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FI and Oil light on

I'll explain a little clearer.

I have a CBR600RR-6 track bike. It was a cat B as the frame has been damaged by the steering lock. As a result of this, it now runs on an 03/04 loom and ECU from a Californian bike. This gives it an error code via the oil light to say the O2 sensor is not connected as my bike doesn't have one (it is a UK model)

Now to the issue I am having.

I crashed it at Donny last month and after putting it back together, the FI light is on and the oil light now lights solid. It only does this once the side stand has been raised. As soon as you lower the side stand, it returns to the normal flashing sequence to signify a lack of O2 sensor.

The accident consisted of a lowside at Mcleans. When the bike hit the gravel, it rolled 360 so that it was laying back on the right hand side. Stones, grit and crap got into every orifice but has all been removed now, and an oil and filter change has been completed.

All the wires appear to be fine as there are no nicks in the loom, and the 2 sensors on the right hand side of the engine appear to be untouched . The fans come on at 103 degrees and there are no leaks anywhere.

So. Any ideas as to what the problem is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Same issue here

Hi phil,

I've got the exact same issue on my track bike since the last low side.
The guys that put it back together cut some unecessary wires and since then I've got the light on with FI indicating on the cluster.

Mine only happens about 3 seconds after starting the bike, the moment the oil light turns on the RPMS rise for a split second then return to normal.

The bike seems to be running fine otherwise.

Looking forward to some feedabck from anyone with ideas...
(TPS knocked out of calibration??)

I don't have a kick stand, it was deleted.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Seem to have found an answer to my problem from another site.

It appears that I just didn't notice the solid light before as the solid light just say's there is a fault. You the put the sidestand down to get the fault code through the MIL. I knew I what the original fault code was before, and know it had no affect as it's for an O2 sensor, that wasn't on the 05/06 UK CBR600RR.

The solid Red light when the sidestand is up has no other meaning, so must have been there before, even though I never noticed it!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks for the update.

Do you have the "FI" on your cluster when the red light is on and you start the engine?

I took it for a ride today and seems to run fine. Just the annoying red light is on with FI on the cluster.

Cheers.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Yes bud, I have the solid red light with the FI light on. What code does your flash out when you have the engine, on and the sidestand down (revs below 5K)?

Regards
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Just noticed you don't have a sidestand. In that case. Take the seat of and access the battery compartment. In there will be a red block with 4 wires going into it. You need to use a piece of wire to jump out the brown and green wires. This will then flash the code using the FI light.

Let me know what you get!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks Phil,

I've got a MAP Sensor failure (2Blinks), just changed out with my buddies MAP sensor and the light went away. Not sure if it got damaged in the crash, but it's fixed, for now.

Also noticed the vaccuum hose was torn a bit so that might have been it also.

Good stuff.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

I had that MAP sensor flash on mine. Turned out it just needed a fiddle after it had been stripped after it's crash. May have been the same with yours so don't buy another sensor until you have checked!

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page